Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    As soon as the final sentence exits Lyusander's mouth, Clarissa's Vitae goes silent.

Cock Robin takes a split second to react, accidentally continuing the ritual enough to burn off her hands.

"She is bound? How....how the hell have you bound her...the owl? What is she?" Cock Robin looks scared and confused.

'What she truly is... I do not know, admittedly. I bound her with my blood. Me being staked possibly interrupted the binding.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Cock Robin lights a cigarette and pulls on it hard.

"Biologically I can't be addicted and yet I still need one of these at times...what does that mean?"

He laughs.

"Okay, let's not stake you again. I did it so that Camarilla hunters couldn't track you, I've a way of disguising torpored blood almost entirely.

Everybody on the West Coast felt princess here 'wake up' I suppose you could call it. Then that lightening strike.

Okay so what conclusions have you come to about her?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cock Robin lights a cigarette and pulls on it hard.

"Biologically I can't be addicted and yet I still need one of these at times...what does that mean?"

He laughs.

"Okay, let's not stake you again. I did it so that Camarilla hunters couldn't track you, I've a way of disguising torpored blood almost entirely.

Everybody on the West Coast felt princess here 'wake up' I suppose you could call it. Then that lightening strike.

Okay so what conclusions have you come to about her?"

'There were three of them, you know. All ordered to be killed by Jacqueline. I burned the others alive, but kept Clarissa to... study her. Initially I used the books that you have in your study back there, but her powers began to differ greatly.

She was able to take me to a different... dimension... I think. Not the Abyss, somewhere different entirely.

When I met with Dracula, or Count Mike as he kindly let me call him - at the Sabbat mansion he unleashed some form of demon. In return for allowing him to become my companion, he told me of an old prophecy.

It turns out the prophecy involved Clarissa... and myself.

When I went to the mansion after a call from the Sheriff - I met with the owl. I know very little about this being. But following my escape, killing the vampire hunters that attacked me - I took the Sheriff who was close to death.

Clarissa had grown too strong, she devoured the heart of the Sheriff.... and somehow this enabled, with the help of this owl... my blood to bind her.'

He looks around.

'Where is... Larry... anyways?'

Cock Robin nods.

"Larry headed off two days ago. Said he was preparing a haven in San Diego for you. Loyal man I think. I take it he is the Demon? Some of the things he can do, not even a Mage can do.

The Owl though...never heard of a being like that...makes me worried, but still if you hadn't bound her....And there were three? We need to find the Sire, I'll deal with that.

The most pressing issue is the Sabbat. Their entire religion is based around killing Antediluvians. If they learn a new Clan Founder has emerged, they'll be coming. Some of my contacts saw Sabbat elite cross the Californian border. Also Clarissa herself is a threat to the Masquerade and the Camarilla, but too useful and dangerous to attempt to kill. If there were a way of ensuring her loyalty....She could be a brilliant member of the central council in a few centuries, but we don't want a blood god on our hands.

Also the emergence of something like her is supposed to attract Caine...I never used to believe, but...and now a prophecy..."

He takes another draw.

"The Camarilla is looking for you, as the Sabbat will be in time. Of all people Jacqueline helped me hide you. I'm not sure of her game there."

'Yes, initially took the form of my sister...'

Lysander sighs.

'San Diego it is then I suppose. I have a clan to establish. The sooner I can build the foundations for a Camarilla Lasombra clan, the more insulated I can be.

Clarissa should come with me, along with being bound she quite clearly provides some essential protection if necessary. I plan to speak with her, and try to explain why what happened did, and why she had to be bound. Perhaps that will assuade the Camarilla forces from hunting, if I can attempt to win loyalty to them from her.

As for the Sabbat... well they will come anyways, Rob. A clan establishment was always bound to do that. I expected a response at some point, especially given what happened to their clan in LA.'

• Advertisement

"The prophecy, have you gotten your hands an a copy?"

Cock Robin is pacing now.

"Also I suggest you remove the stakes. She might still be free to attack me."

"The prophecy, have you gotten your hands an a copy?"

Cock Robin is pacing now.

"Also I suggest you remove the stakes. She might still be free to attack me."

'Sadly no. I think... Larry... might be able to help there though.'

He approaches Clarissa and speaks to her.

'Now Clarissa dear, keep your rage in check or I'll be very cross.'

He begins to remove the stakes.

As the stakes are pulled out the wounds close up almost instantly.

Clarissa falls to the floor and stands back up.

"No worries Ly, I get it"

She looks over at Cock Robin and narrows her eyes. (OOC: Manipulation + Insight to read her thoughts from her face, or Domination if you wish to pull it out of her mind)

"I'll wait in the study"

She heads out.

Lysander realises Clarissa was studying Cock Robin, not a hint of anger.

Lysander looks at Cock Robin.

'What's with the neonates, Rob? I only ask because you know things about me that others do not.'

He leans against the wall.

'I suppose San Diego is calling us both regardless. Have you still a copy of the dossier on the candidates? Might make for some light reading on the journey.'

• Advertisement

"Yeah, I've left it with some clothes and a pistol in your new place. I've a car obfuscated outside..."

He clicks his fingers.

"...should be visible now.

The neonates were both to feed her and power the ritual, I was beginning to cut into being noticed though. Didn't like that. Most were taken from small towns around Colorado and Wyoming...the Dakotas as well. Little Camarilla presence out there to monitor their disappearance"

"Yeah, I've left it with some clothes and a pistol in your new place. I've a car obfuscated outside..."

He clicks his fingers.

"...should be visible now.

The neonates were both to feed her and power the ritual, I was beginning to cut into being noticed though. Didn't like that. Most were taken from small towns around Colorado and Wyoming...the Dakotas as well. Little Camarilla presence out there to monitor their disappearance"

'Will you not be joining me immediately? I presume the dossier is in the car, yes? Ha, might get Clarissa to recommend a candidate, see if it aligns with my choice. If that is all for now then, Rob, I guess we should get out of here.'

"I'll come with, sure. Have to meet the Prince here anyway and declare you.

San Diego is to join the Camarilla formally in three weeks. So for now you are safe, you're outside the jurisdiction of those who'd like to have more than a word with you"

He heads out of the bunker.

"I'll come with, sure. Have to meet the Prince here anyway and declare you.

San Diego is to join the Camarilla formally in three weeks. So for now you are safe, you're outside the jurisdiction of those who'd like to have more than a word with you"

He heads out of the bunker.

Lysander makes for the study to collect Clarissa.

When he gets there he speaks.

'I suppose you have questions. Know that this wasn't done to harm you, my dear. I just wish to understand you, to hopefully keep you safe. As I have done the entire time we have known each other. I apologise for Cock Robin, he merely did not understand. It will not happen again.'

Necro wrote: »
    'I suppose you have questions. Know that this wasn't done to harm you, my dear. I just wish to understand you, to hopefully keep you safe. As I have done the entire time we have known each other. I apologise for Cock Robin, he merely did not understand. It will not happen again.'
    "Don't worry Ly, I get it. As for that man, for some reason I don't care, I was furious until I heard you speak.

I know you did something to make me obey you, that made me angry...more than angry, but somehow...now I don't care.

Just since you spoke to me there now.

Weird.

Anyway see you in the car"

After Clarissa leaves Lysander notices the study desk has rotted slightly and an ooze of Vitae runs from a crack in the wood.

"Don't worry Ly, I get it. As for that man, for some reason I don't care, I was furious until I heard you speak.

I know you did something to make me obey you, that made me angry...more than angry, but somehow...now I don't care.

Just since you spoke to me there now.

Weird.

Anyway see you in the car"

After Clarissa leaves Lysander notices the study desk has rotted slightly and an ooze of Vitae runs from a crack in the wood.

Lysander thinks about touching the Vitae but looking at the desk he deigns against it. He follows Clarissa to the car.

Outside are two Ferraris.

U2wfso.jpg

"Yours is that one"

Cock Robin gestures to the one on the right.

On the passenger seat Lysander sees the Dossier.

Clarissa climbs in and lifts it up.

"Who are these three guys Ly?"

Outside are two Ferraris.

U2wfso.jpg

"Yours is that one"

Cock Robin gestures to the one on the right.

On the passenger seat Lysander sees the Dossier.

Clarissa climbs in and lifts it up.

"Who are these three guys Ly?"

'Well, my dear - they are candidates for a new clan in the Camarilla. First ever Lasombra US branch. And I am to be the patriarch.'

He pauses and shifts the car into reverse, backing out slowly.

'I would like you to help me decide on the best candidate. I like the politician, but your input would be helpful.'

"He looks good..." she says after a pause long enough to get them onto the main road to San Diego.

"...Bruce...he has a business here in San Diego, as well as places in Los Angeles. So we'd have access to him.

Next is a start up guy...toned, wearing a motivational T-Shirt...Dennis...ugh!

And the last one...she looks pretty cool, a Luchadora...Imelda"

"He looks good..." she says after a pause long enough to get them onto the main road to San Diego.

"...Bruce...he has a business here in San Diego, as well as places in Los Angeles. So we'd have access to him.

Next is a start up guy...toned, wearing a motivational T-Shirt...Dennis...ugh!

And the last one...she looks pretty cool, a Luchadora...Imelda"

Lysander nods.

'Yes. Bruce I think is the candidate. Keep reading though, if anything stands out let me know.'

He relaxes a little and continues the drive in silence for a bit.

• Advertisement

"Imelda seems like one badass lady Ly...she doesn't seem to care about her fans or the money, just rising to the top...

Bruce is a shady dude as far as mortal morality goes..."

She turns at Lysander and smirks.

"...but nothing for you to worry about"

She is silent for longer with Dennis.

"Same general pattern, Lasombra traits, wants his start up to dominate, but doesn't enjoy any of the benefits. Constantly seeking to improve himself. Much less publicly visible than the others though. I don't like him but that's a good point"

"Imelda seems like one badass lady Ly...she doesn't seem to care about her fans or the money, just rising to the top...

Bruce is a shady dude as far as mortal morality goes..."

She turns at Lysander and smirks.

"...but nothing for you to worry about"

She is silent for longer with Dennis.

"Same general pattern, Lasombra traits, wants his start up to dominate, but doesn't enjoy any of the benefits. Constantly seeking to improve himself. Much less publicly visible than the others though. I don't like him but that's a good point"

'They all have good Lasombra traits. I wonder sometimes if I would be best to take all three, but I suspect this would not be allowed by Jacqueline. Although perhaps we could make one of them your very own ghoul. I believe you should have one at least.'

"COOOOOLLLL!!!!"

She composes herself.

"I mean...of course"

She grows quite.

"Ly....what am I?"

"COOOOOLLLL!!!!"

She composes herself.

"I mean...of course"

She grows quite.

"Ly....what am I?"

'That, I am not certain to be honest. Some seem to think you may be antideluvian - first of a new generation of vampires. I can tell you that should your loyalty be guaranteed - in a few centuries you could become a major council member for the Camarilla.

But - we need to discover the extent of your powers first. The rotting... for one. Makes me concerned what exactly is in your Vitae.'

"Me too...Major Council member...I was reading up on the Camarilla...the whole thing makes sense to be honest. Given what we are there really can't be any other form of government. Some of us are just stronger, more aware and more experienced, hard to avoid feudalism, democracy would lead to extinction. I mean imagine if you voted in a weak Neonate...."

She thinks deeply for a while.

"Anyway, let's go set up your clan"

"Me too...Major Council member...I was reading up on the Camarilla...the whole thing makes sense to be honest. Given what we are there really can't be any other form of government. Some of us are just stronger, more aware and more experienced, hard to avoid feudalism, democracy would lead to extinction. I mean imagine if you voted in a weak Neonate...."

She thinks deeply for a while.

"Anyway, let's go set up your clan"

Lysander smiles briefly.

'Yes. To San Diego where we can make some plans.'

They drive for only an hour or so before they see the city:

mtWDrM.jpg

"Getting excited Ly!" Clarissa half-shouts.

Cock Robin leads them to the Western Edge of the city, overlooking the Pacific and down to the docks.

(OOC: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Roseville+-+Fleet+Ridge,+San+Diego,+CA,+USA/@32.717585,-117.2340418,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x80deabbab2713b49:0xbfd51a90fe8b62c8!8m2!3d32.7261434!4d-117.2352765)

The stop in front of a Luxury yacht, "The Romanian Shadow"

guujzU.jpg

Lysander hears music from within the yacht.

Cock Robin shouts as he steps out of the car.

"Well, what do you think?"

Clarissa jumps out to have a look.

Lysander gets out of the car.

'Is this our new home? I always enjoyed fishing with my parents back before...'

He shrugs.

'Perhaps we could indulge in a spot in our down time, Clarissa? Purely for sport, naturally.'

Cock Robin nods.

"Nice isn't it. You can pull that whole 'soceity man' vibe of yours, easy way to get food, invite some richies around"

Clarissa smiles.

"That'd be nice Ly"

Inside they can see a bit of a party waiting for them. Lysander can hear twelve heartbeats in total, though can see more within.

• Advertisement

Cock Robin nods.

"Nice isn't it. You can pull that whole 'soceity man' vibe of yours, easy way to get food, invite some richies around"

Clarissa smiles.

"That'd be nice Ly"

Inside they can see a bit of a party waiting for them. Lysander can hear twelve heartbeats in total, though can see more within.

Lysander links arms with Clarissa and gestures for Cock Robin to lead the way.

'Best they see you are under my protection dear, although I'm not sure truly if it's me under yours.'

He smiles while surveying the outside of the yacht for anything out of the ordinary.

Advertisement