Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Nothing unusual strikes Lysander.

Clarissa looks up at Lysander.

"Don't worry it really isn't me leading you...not for a long time yet"

They step in, the smell of blood recently converted to Vitae strikes Lysander. These Kindred feed frequently and from high quality blood. One with blonde hair approaches.

"Hi Tara, Tara Kearney..." her accent is distinctly old fashioned, like a women from the Old West "...soon to be Prince of San Diego, even though I was Prince of LA"

She tosses an angry glance at Cock Robin.

"You smelled the blood? I keep the population small and confined to rich or high class Vamps. Low Masquerade risk and very very good blood. This is a good city to be let into.

Now I'm presented with a chance to raise my city even higher. First Lasombra founding in the US"

OOC:

Tara in the books:
    WcNM2v.jpg

Tara in the Card Game:
    y6xBmJ.jpg

Also to those of you reading, you know who you are, Tara does die in the novel Gehenna: the Final Night, but that is non-canonical since the 4th Edition, so no PMs

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    Nothing unusual strikes Lysander.

Clarissa looks up at Lysander.

"Don't worry it really isn't me leading you...not for a long time yet"

They step in, the smell of blood recently converted to Vitae strikes Lysander. These Kindred feed frequently and from high quality blood. One with blonde hair approaches.

"Hi Tara, Tara Kearney..." her accent is distinctly old fashioned, like a women from the Old West "...soon to be Prince of San Diego, even though I was Prince of LA"

She tosses an angry glance at Cock Robin.

"You smelled the blood? I keep the population small and confined to rich or high class Vamps. Low Masquerade risk and very very good blood. This is a good city to be let into.

Now I'm presented with a chance to raise my city even higher. First Lasombra founding in the US"
    [/I]

Lysander bows and smiles at Tara.

'Yes, I am to be under your jurisdiction. I hope we can have a prosperous relationship for the betterment of this city, and to strengthen the Camarilla control of the area.

Shall we drink to it? This, is my ward - Clarissa. She is of young blood, but eager to learn.'

Necro wrote: »
    Lysander bows and smiles at Tara.

'Yes, I am to be under your jurisdiction. I hope we can have a prosperous relationship for the betterment of this city, and to strengthen the Camarilla control of the area.

Shall we drink to it? This, is my ward - Clarissa. She is of young blood, but eager to learn.'
    "Of course..."

She gestures to some mortals, points left to right.

"Professor, Doctor, Actor, Athlete, Dentist, Accountant, Pilot, Engineer, Architect, CEO"

She hugs Clarissa. Then pulls back.

"Odd, you're weak but your Vitae smells thick. Low Generation but recently sired"

"Yep" says Clarissa with a half smile.

"You'll do well here Lysander, I can tell. Lasombra don't mess up and you would have been wealthy in your mortal life"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"Of course..."

She gestures to some mortals, point left to right.

"Professor, Doctor, Actor, Athlete, Dentist, Accountant, Pilot, Engineer, Architect, CEO"

She hugs Clarissa. Then pulls back.

"Odd, your weak but your Vitae smells thick. Low Generation but recently sired"

"Yep" says Clarissa with a half smile.

"You'll do well here Lysander, I can tell. Lasombra don't mess up and you would have been wealthy in your mortal life"

'Dentist for me... they make their living bleeding money from mortals... returning the favour by tasting them seems a fair choice.'

He looks to Clarissa.

'Athlete maybe for you? Or perhaps Accountant? Your choice dear.'

"Athlete, I want to go for some sight seeing, it'll be good to get a bit of energy into the system"

The Dentist greets Lysander as he approaches.

"Hi, I'm Derek, conversation or just food Sir?"

Lysander can see small rivers of black moving within his veins, plenty of Vitae in this mortal, a well kept ghoul.

OOC: Lysander's blood sense is rising to the point where he can see Vitae within mortals due to his low Generation.

• Advertisement

"Athlete, I want to go for some sight seeing, it'll be good to get a bit of energy into the system"

The Dentist greets Lysander as he approaches.

"Hi, I'm Derek, conversation or just food Sir?"

Lysander can see small rivers of black moving within his veins, plenty of Vitae in this mortal, a well kept ghoul.

OOC: Lysander's blood sense is rising to the point where he can see Vitae within mortals due to his low Generation.

'Good evening Derek. So tell me, is my dental hygiene in appropriate order? Or will that cost money.'

Lysander chuckles and leads Derek to an empty booth.

"You guys have perfect teeth, you heal over night right?"

As Lysander feeds thousands of random facts about teeth flood his mind. He'd make a good dental assistant for the next day or so. More so the dentists keen mind and focus sharpen his own.

OOC: Composure and Intelligence both +1 for tonight and the night after, Dominate has two extra dice

Once Lysander has fed, he thanks the dentist and makes his way back to Tara.

'So... my Prince - or at the very least - Prince in waiting. What sort of challenges face us here in consolidation?'

"Well the Camarilla has approved the city, just waiting for the red tape event. They're sending in a heavy hitter to anoint me, probably the Prince of Chicago Jackson"

She takes a sip from her glass

OOC: The Prince of Chicago is the highest ranking member of the Camarilla in the US, sometimes called the King of the US

"Biggest issues we had were the Wan Kuei, but there is a truce now. Their leader is way too powerful to take on directly. You have a similar problem in LA. Get rid of the leader there yet?"

"No" Cock Robin answers.

Tara continues.

"Also we spotted this on the city limits last night"

A vampire is dragged out of the lower deck by a muscular ghoul with red hair.

He is dressed normally enough, could be a student at the University of San Diego from that. However his eyes are completely black. And the Vitae, Lysander senses secrets and lies in it, a craving for power. The shadows in the room flicker toward him, but flick back out of loyalty to the stronger Lysander.

Another Lasombra.

"Well the Camarilla has approved the city, just waiting for the red tape event. They're sending in a heavy hitter to anoint me, probably the Prince of Chicago Jackson"

She takes a sip from her glass

OOC: The Prince of Chicago is the highest ranking member of the Camarilla in the US, sometimes called the King of the US

"Biggest issues we had were the Wan Kuei, but there is a truce now. Their leader is way too powerful to take on directly. You have a similar problem in LA. Get rid of the leader there yet?"

"No" Cock Robin answers.

Tara continues.

"Also we spotted this on the city limits last night"

A vampire is dragged out of the lower deck by a muscular ghoul with red hair.

He is dressed normally enough, could be a student at the University of San Diego from that. However his eyes are completely black. And the Vitae, Lysander senses secrets and lies in it, a craving for power. The shadows in the room flicker toward him, but flick back out of loyalty to the stronger Lysander.

Another Lasombra.

Lysander approaches the Lasombra and stares into his eyes.

'What brings you to this fine city....'

• Advertisement

"Unclean one!!!"

The vampire lunges toward Lysander...

OOC: Reaction if you wish before he rushes you

"Unclean one!!!"

The vampire lunges toward Lysander...

OOC: Reaction if you wish before he rushes you

Lysander stands his ground and summons black tentacles

OOC: Arms of the Abyss

to restrain his assailant.

'Calm down you fool. This is futile.'

The shadows of the room spring forward from the individuals and objects they are attached to, coalescing into thick transparent fluid that coils around the vampires legs and constricts shattering the bones.

He collapses to the floor and an arm emerges, grabs the back of his head and pounds it into the floor.

OOC: This level of viciousness from the shadows is new to Lysander

He rages against the restraints.

"They obey you though you are unclean, though you are traitor. This gift was to be used in the Dark Father's name, not to help is children"

Tara rolls her eyes.

"A Sabbat fanatic then"

The shadows of the room spring forward from the individuals and objects they are attached to, coalescing into thick transparent fluid that coils around the vampires legs and constricts shattering the bones.

He collapses to the floor and an arm emerges, grabs the back of his head and pounds it into the floor.

OOC: This level of viciousness from the shadows is new to Lysander

He rages against the restraints.

"They obey you though you are unclean, though you are traitor. This gift was to be used in the Dark Father's name, not to help is children"

Tara rolls her eyes.

"A Sabbat fanatic then"

'Perhaps, but I want to try something. Kill him if it fails.'

Lysander approaches the fanatic, staring deep into his eyes.

OOC: Forgetful Mind

He tears at the fanatical part of the Sabbat teachings within the Lasombra's mind, aiming to rip them out and replace them with Camarilla tenets - and undivided loyalty to Lysander himself.

OOC: Nice. Manipulation + Dominate

The mental surgery proceeds slowly, beliefs are deeply attached to memories, they have to be changed first. Then memories of Lysander, replacing similar ones from his Sabbat sire.

As it proceeds he finds the kindred's mind knotted around worship of Caine, very hard to replace that given its deeply religious nature. Lysander can feel himself being rejected by the Kindred's mind.

He pauses and calms himself, before pushing on.

Slowly but surely Caine is replaced quality by quality with Meerlinda, one of the few surviving founders of the Camarilla. The traits he can't shove onto her he moves to himself, giving the idea of Lysander as perfectly embodying drive and commitment, a paragon of Lasombra might. This almost exhausts him, but he is slow and careful, burning his Vitae in just the right way to lose only a few drops.

Finally he lets go.

"Master Karpov, they sent me from Genoa to build the clan. I am sorry Prince Tara that I did not announce myself, I...I just looked forward to seeing my tutor once more"

Lysander could not yet tell how his mind has rationalised the whole thing. That will require a talk.

Those present applaud. Even Cock Robin gives him a pat on the back.

The mental surgery proceeds slowly, beliefs are deeply attached to memories, they have to be changed first. Then memories of Lysander, replacing similar ones from his Sabbat sire.

As it proceeds he finds the kindred's mind knotted around worship of Caine, very hard to replace that given its deeply religious nature. Lysander can feel himself being rejected by the Kindred's mind.

He pauses and calms himself, before pushing on.

Slowly but surely Caine is replaced quality by quality with Meerlinda, one of the few surviving founders of the Camarilla. The traits he can't shove onto her he moves to himself, giving the idea of Lysander as perfectly embodying drive and commitment, a paragon of Lasombra might. This almost exhausts him, but he is slow and careful, burning his Vitae in just the right way to lose only a few drops.

Finally he lets go.

"Master Karpov, they sent me from Genoa to build the clan. I am sorry Prince Tara that I did not announce myself, I...I just looked forward to seeing my tutor once more"

Lysander could not yet tell how his mind has rationalised the whole thing. That will require a talk.

Those present applaud. Even Cock Robin gives him a pat on the back.

Lysander stands and offers a hand to his first clan member.

'Of course you did.... I'm sorry, I did not catch your name. But rest assured you shall have lodgings here with me until we can find somewhere for your own.'

He turns to Tara and Cock Robin and smiles.

'Perhaps our new friend has had quite enough exertion for the night. He will require supervision for the transition... but I believe he is a fully fledged member of the first ever US Camarilla Lasombra clan.'

Tara is dumbfounded.

"Yes...indeed of course"

The vampire pauses for a while. The name question is causing his mind some difficulty, probably making a new one.

"...Guido...Guido Russo...sorry Sir, there were many of us in your Obtenebration classes, I would not have made as strong an impression on you as you did on me"

He kneels and kisses Lysander's hand.

A Vampire speaks up from a couch. He looks like an outdated Wall Street hound.

DGvMfj.jpg

"He can stay with us Ventrue for the time being. Robert Haley, Ventrue Primogen" he says standing and offering his hand.

Lysander takes Haley's hand and smiles.

'Good evening, Mr. Haley. I hope you enjoyed the show. I would suggest any further... infiltrators be brought to see me first. If I can assist them like I have done our good friend Guido here - well then it makes us stronger, would you all agree?'

Haley nods. "Seems like you've got the skills buddy"

The San Diego elite applaud Lysander, some murmurs off 'I should send him some of my misbehaving neonated' and similar.

Then Tara steps forth.

"Let me be bold here. You are new, so new only we know of you really...would you be willing to do something risky"

"Jesus Tara" Cock Robin begins "We only arrived"

"I'm not asking you wandering Justicar"

• Advertisement

Haley nods. "Seems like you've got the skills buddy"

The San Diego elite applaud Lysander, some murmurs off 'I should send him some of my misbehaving neonated' and similar.

Then Tara steps forth.

"Let me be bold here. You are new, so new only we know of you really...would you be willing to do something risky"

"Jesus Tara" Cock Robin begins "We only arrived"

"I'm not asking you wandering Justicar"

Lysander sits down with Guido on his left and Clarissa (OOC: if she has returned) on his right.

'I am always willing to help my Prince. Of course, it would depend on what the task at hand is.'

"Well..." Tara pauses and looks at Clarissa.

"What is her clan?" she says turning to Lysander.

OOC: Asking you rather than Clarissa is proper Camarilla style (which you'd know from your decent Etiquette rank), so you can tell she is more strict about Etiquette than Jacqueline

"Well..." Tara pauses and looks at Clarissa.

"What is her clan?" she says turning to Lysander.

OOC: Asking you rather than Clarissa is proper Camarilla style (which you'd know from your decent Etiquette rank), so you can tell she is more strict about Etiquette than Jacqueline

Lysander looks at Tara.

'A misbehaving Toreador sired her I was told. Initially tasked with elimination, I - with approval from Jacqueline - deigned against it.'

"I see, Toreador..."

She gives a woman with dark glasses and a red trench coat at the back of the room a nod.

"One for you Helena..." she turns back to Lyusander "...Helena is the oldest here, but accepts being Primogen under me"

Helena smiles.

"I'm not Prince material"

"Now Lysander..." Tara begins "...your task"

OOC:
    Helena has quite a bit of art.

From first edition:
    22axpq.jpg

Second:
    BBwUW5.jpg

Fourth:
    snQoHa.jpg

The card game, which depicts her as a mortal 3000 years ago:
    L90Ph9.jpg

"What do you think of killing a Wan Kuei ancestor tonight?" Tara asks staring straight into his eyes.

OOC: Basically a Wan Kuei Prince

"What do you think of killing a Wan Kuei ancestor tonight?" Tara asks staring straight into his eyes.

OOC: Basically a Wan Kuei Prince

Lysander considers the task.

'It could possibly be done. And I suppose you have an offer of compense for my efforts?'

He smiles and returns the stare, his hands clasping both Guido and Clarissa as he does.

Necro wrote: »
    Lysander considers the task.

'It could possibly be done. And I suppose you have an offer of compense for my efforts?'

He smiles and returns the stare, his hands clasping both Guido and Clarissa as he does.
    "But of course, I am a generous Prince. If you get two more into your clan you can be a Primogen, but you already expected that. How about I make your territory half again as big as a new Primogens usually is and...I know you Lasombra, you treat with others...I can set up a meeting with one of the other supernatural groups"

"But of course, I am a generous Prince. If you get two more into your clan you can be a Primogen, but you already expected that. How about I make your territory half again as big as a new Primogens usually is and...I know you Lasombra, you treat with others...I can set up a meeting with one of the other supernatural groups"

Lysander nods.

'These are definitely favourable terms. Assuming none of the current Primogens have any issues with this, of course.'

He looks around the room.

Robert shakes his head.

"You take the best deal you can get kid"

Helena just smirks slightly.

"I'm too old to care dear"

The others seem a little miffed, especially the Malkavian Priomgen, clan is easy to guess because she's dressed like a jester. However they're clearly not the major players in the room and don't speak out to contradict Helena or Robert.

• Advertisement

Robert shakes his head.

"You take the best deal you can get kid"

Helena just smirks slightly.

"I'm too old to care dear"

The others seem a little miffed, especially the Malkavian Priomgen, clan is easy to guess because she's dressed like a jester. However they're clearly not the major players in the room and don't speak out to contradict Helena or Robert.

Lysander nods.

'Then I accept. And...'

He looks at the smaller clans Primogens.

'As a thank you, I will assist each Primogen with a minor issue they may be having - once my own clan has been established.'

He looks back to Helena and Robert.

'This will go some way to showing you all I come to co-exist, for the good of the Camarilla. Not to conquer and destroy as some would say of the Lasombra.'

Advertisement