Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

They make it out onto the street.

The three guards turn to face them, as does the woman.

She speaks.

"Those inside were new Wan Kuei. These ones are a bit more, they have powers like your kind. True we are not as strong as your kind are, but the question is really are you two stronger than us four?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'I expect we're about to find that out.'

Lysander draws all the shadows in the area towards them.

OOC: Shroud of Night

As the shroud reaches them, a dragon twice the height of a man forms around the Ancestor and pushes back on the shadow with both arms. People on the street run screaming.

Her three guardians vanish and appear next to Clarissa. A serious of almost imperceptibly fast blows and she seems to stiffen in place.

"This one..." the Ancestor looks at Clarissa "...I think would be very difficult to kill. However, she can be stopped, she lacks protection from our techniques.

Now so confident?"

Fourier wrote: »
    As the shroud reaches them, a dragon twice the height of a man forms around the Ancestor and pushes back on the shadow with both arms. People on the street run screaming.

Her three guardians vanish and appear next to Clarissa. A serious of almost imperceptibly fast blows and she seems to stiffen in place.

"This one..." the Ancestor looks at Clarissa "...I think would be very difficult to kill. However, she can be stopped, she lacks protection from our techniques.

Now so confident?"

'Confident... no. But how long can your dragon keep the shadows at bay? I would hazard a guess that I could crush it like a bug...'

Lysander pushes on the shadow again for effect.

The shadow crushes the dragon almost instantly, but on contacting the Ancestor flies off as her body glows white hot.

"You three run, I will deal with this Cathayan (OOC: Wan Kuei term for vampires) myself"

She looks like hot metal as she rises, the asphalt cracking and earth beneath it flowing into her hand like a water and forming a massive hammer. Clouds form above her head and discharge lightning into the hammer.

She teleports right in front of Lysander and wallops him with the hammer, he flies across the street into the San Diego convention center, breaking through the wall and rolling out onto the floor in front of attendees at a mobile phone conference. His body instinctively went to shadow substance before impact so he only has some scraps on his skin. No bones to break anymore.

She flies toward him...

OOC: Your move

• Advertisement

The shadow crushes the dragon almost instantly, but on contacting the Ancestor flies off as her body glows white hot.

"You three run, I will deal with this Cathayan (OOC: Wan Kuei term for vampires) myself"

She looks like hot metal as she rises, the asphalt cracking and earth beneath it flowing into her hand like a water and forming a massive hammer. Clouds form above her head and discharge lightning into the hammer.

She teleports right in front of Lysander and wallops him with the hammer, he flies across the street into the San Diego convention center, breaking through the wall and rolling out onto the floor in front of attendees at a mobile phone conference. His body instinctively went to shadow substance before impact so he only has some scraps on his skin. No bones to break anymore.

She flies toward him...

OOC: Your move

'Quaint. You made one mistake though.'

As she comes within touching distance, Lysander reaches up with one finger and pours all the malice, hatred and violence of Oblivion into it.

'I had planned to take you for my own, but this will satisfy my superiors equally.'

OOC: Touch of Oblivion

The hammer swings toward Lysander, but on contact with his finger an enormous shockwave swells out from the point of impact. The audience are knocked from their chairs.

The hammer crumbles to dust and the Ancestor collapses, shadow running through her body. Lysander had never channeled the Nothingness of Oblivion so directly, its hate for life ripping her apart. And the Wan Kuei are full of life.

Her skin turns grey as Oblivion consumes her.

Lysander understands now. The tower he had seen in distance in the after life, miles high rising out of that sunless sea. It was a prison for Oblivion, the end of all things. The Lasombra blood opens a connection to this ultimate force. The realisation forces new information into his mind, he understands how close to death and the end things are. He can see it on the people around him. He can hear the shadows talking now.

She crawls forward, legs collapsed to ash.

"Please...I...I will make a truce and leave, I can give you items of power..." she grasps at his leg.

The hammer swings toward Lysander, but on contact with his finger an enormous shockwave swells out from the point of impact. The audience are knocked from their chairs.

The hammer crumbles to dust and the Ancestor collapses, shadow running through her body. Lysander had never channeled the Nothingness of Oblivion so directly, its hate for life ripping her apart. And the Wan Kuei are full of life.

Her skin turns grey as Oblivion consumes her.

Lysander understands now. The tower he had seen in distance in the after life, miles high rising out of that sunless sea. It was a prison for Oblivion, the end of all things. The Lasombra blood opens a connection to this ultimate force. The realisation forces new information into his mind, he understands how close to death and the end things are. He can see it on the people around him. He can hear the shadows talking now.

She crawls forward, legs collapsed to ash.

"Please...I...I will make a truce and leave, I can give you items of power..." she grasps at his leg.

Lysander smiles.

'Perhaps, there is enough left that I can learn these secrets myself. Rest now.'

Lysander draws the shadows around them both and lunges for her neck, ripping, clawing, biting and finally searching for the heartsblood.

It's found easily enough and easy to remove. These Wan Kuei store their souls in simple blood not Vitae, he only has to drink the concentration in the heart and head, no thick soul Vitae lurking in a guarded heart.

The room glows slightly when he is finished, he sees rivers of light moving up and down the mortals in the room. Memories come flooding in. Fluent Chinese and the location of a sacred bell, just two blocks away in a safe down in a restaurant cellar, he even has the combination.

Suddenly somebody is in his face, eyes looking right at him.

"Hey Shadowboy, kneel" a female voice says.

Lysander feels enormous pressure on his mind, he kneels. The voice feels like a mother he doesn't dare disobey, he fights it clawing into his mind, making him want to obey.

"Diablerising I see. The blood will out"

She kicks him in the chest with incredible force, breaking it open and exposing the shadow storm within.

"And so corrupted. You're all the same. I thought I should act before you're strong enough to do this to me"

She kneels, face level to his. She looks incredible, a goddess. Outside of his control he weeps with joy to look at her. Helena.

"Sun will be up in two hours, will you go out like a good boy and wait. At least that way you won't shame yourself with your behaviour"

He stands up and kneels in front of the convention center.

"And looks like your little helper is already incapacitated. Good, there's something odd about her. She makes me almost as uncomfortable as you"

The shame Lysander feels to hear Helena say something like that makes his commitment stronger. When a brief impulse of independent thought flickers again, he can see the light of the Sun on the horizon.

OOC: Any action you describe will require a roll to fight against your devotion to Helena

Lysander tries to fight against the devotion inflicted and make it indoors, somewhere, anywhere.

• Advertisement

He begins to stand...but what would Helena think. He can't disappoint her again.

He kneels down, the air feels warmer than he remembers it when mortal. The Sun will be up soon.

He begins to stand...but what would Helena think. He can't disappoint her again.

He kneels down, the air feels warmer than he remembers it when mortal. The Sun will be up soon.

Lysander again attempts to fight the devotion and make it indoors.

No, what the hell, he isn't going to die!

He stands up, Clarissa stands frozen in the street.

He can make it inside right now, or help her.

He catches stray thoughts of guilt, each one stronger than the last. He only has a minute or so at most.

No, what the hell, he isn't going to die!

He stands up, Clarissa stands frozen in the street.

He can make it inside right now, or help her.

He catches stray thoughts of guilt, each one stronger than the last. He only has a minute or so at most.

Lysander rushes to help Clarissa. The bond between them is too strong at this point to just abandon her.

Necro wrote: »
    Lysander rushes to help Clarissa. The bond between them is too strong at this point to just abandon her.
    The new vision he received from the Ancestor allows Lysander to see the knots of energy in Clarissa's muscles preventing them from moving. He feels he can move them...

He dominates them and somehow it works. The knots uncurl, just as the Sun rises on the horizon. His skin begins to steam and Clarissa begins to get a sunburn. She speaks straight into his mind.

**Ly I don't know if we'll make it. Where could we find a resting place where we won't be disturbed fast enough? Grant me access to all my abilities and I can get us out of here now**

He dominates them and somehow it works. The knots uncurl, just as the Sun rises on the horizon. His skin begins to steam and Clarissa begins to get a sunburn. She speaks straight into his mind.

**Ly I don't know if we'll make it. Where could we find a resting place where we won't be disturbed fast enough? Grant me access to all my abilities and I can get us out of here now**

'For tonight, you have access. But remember what I told you of control.'

Clarissa grabs Lysander and they both vanish into her wooden house in that black plane he had visited before. She's decorated the place, kick knacks from the house in LA, photos from her mortal life and a fireplace, unlit of course, with photos of everybody who has been in their group.

The day sleep overcomes Lysander and Clarissa grabs him before he falls.

The last thing he hears is her say "You came to save me, even when your life was threatened, you do care...my dear Lysander"

He slumbers, head on Clarissa's lap, in front of the fireplace. She strokes his hair and waits out the hours.

OOC: 15 XP

"Ly...."

All he sees is black.

"Lysander?"

His vision comes together. He lies on his back in a strange cabin sort of room. The walls are made of wood, beans are cooking on the stove, being stirred by a slightly pudgy woman with long blonde hair.

"Want some?" she says to Lysander. He then realises hers was the voice calling him.

"Ly...."

All he sees is black.

"Lysander?"

His vision comes together. He lies on his back in a strange cabin sort of room. The walls are made of wood, beans are cooking on the stove, being stirred by a slightly pudgy woman with long blonde hair.

"Want some?" she says to Lysander. He then realises hers was the voice calling him.

'Cla...... Clarissa? Is that you? Why are you cooking beans?'

• Advertisement

"Clarissa? No dear"

She turns around, it's Tara.

"And beans. Nostalgia really. Can you keep them down? Get any enjoyment out of food? I managed to recover it. Of course I vomit it up later, but I do actually like the taste now. That took a long time to do..." she smirks and leans closer "...don't tell anybody, but getting my body to like food probably cost me knowledge of a whole other discipline. Reason its taking me so long to manifest Celerity like most of my clan...Brujah by the way..."

She makes the table and sets up chairs suddenly with enough speed to cause a gust to form in the room.

"...though still a good bit faster than a human"

"Clarissa? No dear"

She turns around, it's Tara.

"And beans. Nostalgia really. Can you keep them down? Get any enjoyment out of food? I managed to recover it. Of course I vomit it up later, but I do actually like the taste now. That took a long time to do..." she smirks and leans closer "...don't tell anybody, but getting my body to like food probably cost me knowledge of a whole other discipline. Reason its taking me so long to manifest Celerity like most of my clan...Brujah by the way..."

She makes the table and sets up chairs suddenly with enough speed to cause a gust to form in the room.

"...though still a good bit faster than a human"

'Aha, Tara yes. You caught me off-guard a bit. Where are we? Unfortunately the food I will have to pass on. Would love a...drink though.

I suppose you discovered I completed your task, then. It wasn't easy, and it cost me Guido... at least I think it did. Clarissa and I barely made it out of the sun...'

'Aha, Tara yes. You caught me off-guard a bit. Where are we? Unfortunately the food I will have to pass on. Would love a...drink though.

I suppose you discovered I completed your task, then. It wasn't easy, and it cost me Guido... at least I think it did. Clarissa and I barely made it out of the sun...'
    "Yeah and Helena took a pretty extreme action without my permission. That's illegal you know, very illegal"

She clenches her fist.

"She can't be allowed to live after that"

She breathes to calm herself.

"Look Lysander, you have two priorities here. Found your clan and kill Helena. I'm more than willing to help with both for purely selfish reasons.

Will we be honest with each other. Cards on the table and tell each other our powers, maybe hold back an ace or two if you wish, but most of them so we can plan how to end Helena. I need to so that I don't seem weak, you need to so she won't try that again"

"Yeah and Helena took a pretty extreme action without my permission. That's illegal you know, very illegal"

She clenches her fist.

"She can't be allowed to live after that"

She breathes to calm herself.

"Look Lysander, you have two priorities here. Found your clan and kill Helena. I'm more than willing to help with both for purely selfish reasons.

Will we be honest with each other. Cards on the table and tell each other our powers, maybe hold back an ace or two if you wish, but most of them so we can plan how to end Helena. I need to so that I don't seem weak, you need to so she won't try that again"

Lysander sits up and regards Tara warily.

'Kill Helena? I agree this needs to happen - but we have to be careful. She is clever, and very powerful.'

He stands up and looks for a change of clothes.

'Establishing my clan is of utmost importance. There needs to be a power structure in place so that should she attempt to kill me...again... the Lasombra US clan will continue.

I will do anything that is necessary to ensure that happens.'

"I understand, perhaps I am too eager to see her pay. Though do you not fear she will attack soon?

Regardless, the start your clan you need to pick your first member. Name them and I'll give you an easy way to approach them and whatever else I can do.

I assume you got a dossier from Cock Robin on the candidates?"

"I understand, perhaps I am too eager to see her pay. Though do you not fear she will attack soon?

Regardless, the start your clan you need to pick your first member. Name them and I'll give you an easy way to approach them and whatever else I can do.

I assume you got a dossier from Cock Robin on the candidates?"

'I did. The politician, Bruce Garron. He is my choice. Clarissa likes others... but this is my guy.'

He thinks for a moment on Helena.

'Perhaps, but she knows I am aware of her plot now. I do not think she will be as rash again, at least in the interim. She will sit and wait silently, for a time that I...we... least expect her to strike. And it is at that time that we will kill her.'

Tara chews her tongue and nods slightly.

"Okay, brave. I'd be shítting bricks in your position. Alright, Bruce's schedule tonight is at a charity ball, next public event is opening a college library. Or we could get you into his company office as a low level exec on night shift.

Any preferences?

Also how Lasombra are you going to do this?" she asks with fear in her eyes.

OOC: She is referring to the traditional Lasombra method of identifying somebody suitable for Siring. Utterly destroying their lives and seeing if their drive for power makes them survive and keep going. It can be pretty grim and potentially Masquerade violating at the extremes. Some modern Lasombra don't do this, preferring to simply assess the candidate from conversation and smaller tests believing the traditional method is wasteful and dangerous without having better results.

Tara chews her tongue and nods slightly.

"Okay, brave. I'd be shítting bricks in your position. Alright, Bruce's schedule tonight is at a charity ball, next public event is opening a college library. Or we could get you into his company office as a low level exec on night shift.

Any preferences?

Also how Lasombra are you going to do this?" she asks with fear in her eyes.

'Oh, Tara - once you come to know me better you will find me quite modern in my approach. Why destroy what I can use for all of our benefit? A politician can be incredibly useful to have... I will simply meet with him. Converse...privately. Determine if he truly meets my own personal requirements.'

'Oh, Tara - once you come to know me better you will find me quite modern in my approach. Why destroy what I can use for all of our benefit? A politician can be incredibly useful to have... I will simply meet with him. Converse...privately. Determine if he truly meets my own personal requirements.'
    "Phew, that's a relief..."

Though few would be able to sense such a thing, Lysander's lasombra senses detect that Tara actually exhaled.

"...so what do you me to do? I can gain you decent tickets to the ball tonight, simply rob them and erase memories, one of Robert's Ventrue could do it easily. If you want to be at the library opening that's easy. Doctoring student ID et cetera, et cetera. Getting into his company would be a bit more work, making an entire professional profile and references, though I'm sure you'll walk the interview with Dominate" she laughs.

• Advertisement

"Phew, that's a relief..."

Though few would be able to sense such a thing, Lysander's lasombra senses detect that Tara actually exhaled.

"...so what do you me to do? I can gain you decent tickets to the ball tonight, simply rob them and erase memories, one of Robert's Ventrue could do it easily. If you want to be at the library opening that's easy. Doctoring student ID et cetera, et cetera. Getting into his company would be a bit more work, making an entire professional profile and references, though I'm sure you'll walk the interview with Dominate" she laughs.

Lysander smiles.

'First things first. Let's see if he's squeaky clean, or rolling in the dirt like the rest of us. Looks like I'll be taking the night shift. I think it would suit me, what would you say?'

Advertisement