Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Hdip years - count for pension?

Options
  • 26-11-2018 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I know that my years of service pre-hdip don't count for points on the salary scale, but do they count as years of service for pension? I have something in my head about the unqualified rate of pay being higher because they didn't count for pension, but not sure if I just made that up

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Hi all

I know that my years of service pre-hdip don't count for points on the salary scale, but do they count as years of service for pension? I have something in my head about the unqualified rate of pay being higher because they didn't count for pension, but not sure if I just made that up

Thanks

Are you sure about that re service pre-dip? If you had 600 hours work that can be verified surely you should be moving up the scale ... I'd check that with union/Dept. Maybe you have done that - if so, ignore me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Are you sure about that re service pre-dip? If you had 600 hours work that can be verified surely you should be moving up the scale ... I'd check that with union/Dept. Maybe you have done that - if so, ignore me.

No I didn't check. Well, I sort of did and got no reply. I will root out the sent mail and pass it on again. Will update as I find stuff out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    No I didn't check. Well, I sort of did and got no reply. I will root out the sent mail and pass it on again. Will update as I find stuff out

Best of luck.

Advertisement