Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Basic Website

• 27-11-2018 12:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭

looking to setup a very basic Website,

4-5 pages, just looking to get some ideas as to what software to use, So I can upload this to Blacknight

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You more information here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

tech wrote: »
    looking to setup a very basic Website,

4-5 pages, just looking to get some ideas as to what software to use, So I can upload this to Blacknight

Thanks

Depends on what you are looking for, but Squarespace is easy to use if you want a simple site with a few pages. PM me if you want any more details on how it works.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Squarespace is not a self hosted solution, you cannot put it on your Blacknight hosting - you pay Square space a subscription to use their platform and build the site there.

Wordpress you can download and install on your own hosting once you follow some basic steps of setting up a database and installing Wordpress. There are plenty of free themes out there which give a basic enough look and layout and may suffice for your needs if it is a very basic hobby site. For something for a business or a bit better looking at there are also premium theme options available.

Feel free to pm if you have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭The Haven

Yeah, Wordpress is the way to go.
    Plenty of guides out there, just use google to help you out

Advertisement