Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Public Transport Bridge?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This is all I could find. Strange how there is so little detail about it.

https://twitter.com/stevensgreen1/status/1067213860590026752

I can't work out the locations on the map at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

murpho999 wrote: »
    This is all I could find. Strange how there is so little detail about it.

I can't work out the locations on the map at all.
    Looks like it may be crossing the dargle down at the harbour parallel to the railway line.

All very well but how is it going to connect with anything either side to allow public transport i.e. buses to cross it?

Also can't see that amount of money buying you very much bridge, let alone anything else in terms of infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭browne_rob5

Alun wrote: »
    Looks like it may be crossing the dargle down at the harbour parallel to the railway line.

All very well but how is it going to connect with anything either side to allow public transport i.e. buses to cross it?

Also can't see that amount of money buying you very much bridge, let alone anything else in terms of infrastructure.

I think it will connect with the new road running through Ravenswell/Colaiste Raithin schools and come out on the Dublin road which would make sense.

Not sure how it will work on the other side of the Dargle....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

I think it will connect with the new road running through Ravenswell/Colaiste Raithin schools and come out on the Dublin road which would make sense.

Not sure how it will work on the other side of the Dargle....

Think the road will come alongside sewage works and beside dart line behind Carlisle ground's and exit at railway bridge, although they would need to demolish a DART Substation which is in the way or it will just exit at Seapoint road beside Seapoint Court.

Its to accommodate the Luas in the future if it is extended to Bray but will only service public transport and pedestrians until then.

Advertisement