Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to change code - HKC

Options
  • 27-11-2018 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I recently moved to a house with an old HKC alarm (I 'd guess about 8-10 years old). How do I change the code on this?

Thank you.

Edit: Added photo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Hello,

I recently moved to a house with an old HKC alarm (I 'd guess about 8-10 years old). How do I change the code on this?

Thank you.

Edit: Added photo

If you put in the user you have and it starts arming straight away you dont have permission and you would need the engineer code to do same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Thanks, it does indeed arm immediately. I assume the engineer code can be reseted if I have access to the panel? Or do I actually have to find who was servicing that?

Additional question, I assume again that I can reuse all the existing hardwired sensors if I fit a new panel that can be remotely managed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Thanks, it does indeed arm immediately. I assume the engineer code can be reseted if I have access to the panel? Or do I actually have to find who was servicing that?

Additional question, I assume again that I can reuse all the existing hardwired sensors if I fit a new panel that can be remotely managed?

Yes you would need the engineer code to do this.
    Id always advise to get the engineer code, especially as in your case it would need a default if engineer code is not available.
    These systems can also be defaulted on site so you are not tied into any installer.

If you are thinking of upgrading the system then I wouldnt be getting the default done as you will have a new system, just make sure you get the engineer code :D

Yes in most upgrades sensors can be used on the new system meaning you dont have to replace everything installed.

Advertisement