Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phorest Hair Salon POS software

Options
  • 27-11-2018 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi all my father is looking for advice and not registered here. Has anyone used the Phorest POS software in their salon? If so is it worth the money and how do ye find it on a day to day basis?

TIA guys.
    Hunter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DaveJoyce

Hunter101 wrote: »
    Hi all my father is looking for advice and not registered here. Has anyone used the Phorest POS software in their salon? If so is it worth the money and how do ye find it on a day to day basis?

TIA guys.
    Hunter

Hey

I haven't used it, but as a EPOS developer it looks very busy and probably has a learning curve. I stumbled across Shedul (https://app.shedul.com/) a few months back and for web based software its great (plus its free)

There is a bit to setting up, but it would be the same for any web based software.

Regards
    Dave

Dave

Turbo Inventory ERP

Helping you sell more, more often

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

Hi,

I put it in 2 weeks ago after dumping Ovatu.

I am impressed, but it is dear. They take a cut (up to 5%) of online bookings so it can add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I have looked at some of these for a related industry. The thing you need to really watch is the control of customer data. One of these systems seems to be based on using the database of the salon's customers for marketing. I don't think this is really tenable for a salon to get involved in.The salon could find that its IT supplier is marketing competing salons to the salon's own customers.

If you are evaluating these packages, the advice I would give is: don't be afraid to pay a bit more for something that's good. If you're not paying for the product, then figure out who is. Think of the pricing in terms of what it would cost to hire, train and retain a full- or part-time administrator to do the humdrum work.

Advertisement