Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dehumidifier for drying clothes

Options
  • 27-11-2018 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭

So I've one on the way.

Going to put into the hot press once I prove the proof of concept to herself.

Going to put in utility for now.

Just wondering what lengths I've to go to for "air tightness" to get max efficiency.

i.e. stick stopper in sink in room? Seal washing machine outlet?

What have other people done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭atilladehun

We just used it in an old damp house we used to live in. Point the dry warm air at the clothes horse and it would defo speed up drying. Didn't bother sealing anything up as it was rented. Don't need one anymore.

Keep the receipt, even the good ones go kaput. I think we had 3 dimplexes (only paid for one)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭randombar

We just used it in an old damp house we used to live in. Point the dry warm air at the clothes horse and it would defo speed up drying. Didn't bother sealing anything up as it was rented. Don't need one anymore.

Keep the receipt, even the good ones go kaput. I think we had 3 dimplexes (only paid for one)

Receipt in the inbox thank God.

I was thinking more about sucking in dampness from other places as opposed to the damp getting into other rooms. Probably over thinking it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Receipt in the inbox thank God.

I was thinking more about sucking in dampness from other places as opposed to the damp getting into other rooms. Probably over thinking it though.

I'd say just find the smallest room you have. Other than that no need to try sealing further, closing the door should suffice.

They're a great job, use one when I'm in the apartment and they'd be dry within a few hours.

Advertisement