Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling in London (2 Nights)

Options
  • 28-11-2018 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hello,

Traveling to London on the 17th of Dec to the 19th.

All in thus far between flights and accommodation its costing €440 for 2 of us.

Now flying into Stanstead early on the Monday morning, what would people recommend regards traveling in London.

I see the Oyster Card is €130 for two days each...is it worth it or is there a better option..?

Staying in waterloo which is quiet central but will be visiting all the usual spots.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Get a train into Liverpool St, or a bus to Victoria.

Get a standard oyster card to keep topped up use as you travel. E130 x 2 for 2 days is absurd!!! I'm assuming that's to travel freely within all London zones which you won't need.

Someone else might be able to confirm whether international visitors can just use a contactless debit/credit card instead of the oyster card resulting in you not having to worry about acquiring one and topping it up. I'm not sure if any sort of setup is needed to this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Where in the world is charging you €130 for an oyster card?

Thats like 10x the price of a daily card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Maybe it's the travel card + london pass combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

OmegaGene wrote: »
    That must be for the stanstead express and Oyster card

Get a Revolut card if you don’t have one already

Stansted express isnt that expensive.

Advertisement