Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Syrian boy bullied in Huddersfield

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

BBFAN wrote: »
    Nope, you weren't responding to my post. You must be confused?

On the wine early maybe?

9PM on a Friday night is most definately not "early" for enjoying a nice merlot, I assume you're more of a warm can of Tenants kind of guy.

Now if we're done questioning one another's drinking habits, perhaps we could discuss the topic at hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

paw patrol wrote: »
    I agree

In the age of videos going viral and discussion boards like this one , every transgression is now a hanging offence met with death threats and demands for somebodys head. There is a complete loss of perspective
    This isn't "every transgression". I wholeheartedly agree that chunks of western society have become infantilised but it's ridiculous to refer to a video of a teen being really bullied and humiliated as an example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Another complete non issue, should bullies be put in prison now, I fear the western world is going to become so soft a gust of wind will break them or at the very least it would be called racist if the victim was anything other than white.

If you jailed every bully we would go broke trying to build prisons to keep up with bullying convictions and that's before you get to the issue of unproven or fabricated bullying to get back at someone.

In schools we teach restorative action /practice which in a lot of case is the wrong thing to do ,
    I had a issue where a child who was being bullied was then forced to sit beside their actual bully and was made to buddy up with them for playtime and projects ,
    It was a complete disaster the bully kept up the bullying and the victim became completely withdrawn and sad ,

We need education I think like accusations of racism to shut down discussions or to **** stir , teachers and schools have to take an honest look at how they deal with bullying ,I know alot of teachers would be afraid to openly call a child a bully or talk to bullies parents for fear of back last from parents ,or
    But teacher my child is innocent it's other children bullying them if you don't do anything about it I'm reporting it ,

I think the bully and their parents need to be sat down with the victim and let them hear what exactly is going on and what's it's doing to them both physically and mentally

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭yoke

Gatling wrote: »
    I think the bully and their parents need to be sat down with the victim and let them hear what exactly is going on and what's it's doing to them both physically and mentally

I doubt they’d give a **** to be honest. It’s similar to suggesting that burglars shouldn’t be punished, instead they should be forced to sit down with the people whose houses they broke into and talk to them. Do you really think that would work?

I don’t think the idea was to jail all the bullies, if you jailed a couple then word would get around pretty quick.

Personally I think the better solution rather than jail might be to empower all the kids by teaching them all how to fight so they can stand up to bullies. From what I’ve seen, bullies don’t like taking damage at all, even if they’re kindof winning, they really hate taking any damage themselves.

Oh, and also change the punishment system so if it can be proved beyond a reasonable doubt that you were attacking in retaliation to aggression of some sort, you weren’t punished at all.

But if it was a Syrian boy bullying an English boy it would it would make international headlines in the West with the Syrian boy being dubbed a "terrorist".

There have been a great number of racially motivated attacks by migrants to the UK in recent years, to suggest otherwise is naive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Now this one happened the other day. Horrific stuff, would advise against watching with the sound on.

https://twitter.com/phatdadslim/status/1068259123266011136

RasTa wrote: »
    Now this one happened the other day. Horrific stuff, would advise against watching with the sound on.

Literally one of thousands of videos like above doing the rounds on a daily basis ,

Horrific , shocking ,

But not a word said ,for some it's actually entertaining watching someone getting smashed to pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

If you jailed every bully we would go broke trying to build prisons to keep up with bullying convictions and that's before you get to the issue of unproven or fabricated bullying to get back at someone.

In schools we teach restorative action /practice which in a lot of case is the wrong thing to do ,
    I had a issue where a child who was being bullied was then forced to sit beside their actual bully and was made to buddy up with them for playtime and projects ,
    It was a complete disaster the bully kept up the bullying and the victim became completely withdrawn and sad ,

We need education I think like accusations of racism to shut down discussions or to **** stir , teachers and schools have to take an honest look at how they deal with bullying ,I know alot of teachers would be afraid to openly call a child a bully or talk to bullies parents for fear of back last from parents ,or
    But teacher my child is innocent it's other children bullying them if you don't do anything about it I'm reporting it ,

I don't think anyone is talking about jailing all bullies, just not using school as some buffer against the normal criminal justice system.

But not a word said ,for some it's actually entertaining watching someone getting smashed to pieces

You say that but here it is being talked about on an Irish forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

RasTa wrote: »

How much money has been raised for this girl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Sky Blue 20

Two altercations with a much smaller boy with a broken arm in one school day - class act this guy

Though these two boys were of a similar age.
    Now I have seen a photo of Jamil?
    It's claimed he is 15 ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

How much money has been raised for this girl?

Why was that redflagged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Does gofundme have anyway to verify that the money goes to who it says it going too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Wow, 2k.

How much did you contribute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Though these two boys were of a similar age.
    Now I have seen a photo of Jamil?
    It's claimed he is 15 ......

and you claim he was what age?

You say that but here it is being talked about on an Irish forum.

Yes ,yes it is .

But back to the point if you have to lock a single bully you either have to lock rhem all up or just give them a talking to and slap on the wrist , which will never deter bullying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yes ,yes it is .

But back to the point if you have to lock a single bully you either have to lock rhem all up or just give them a talking to and slap on the wrist , which will never deter bullying

He wasnt just a bully, he committed assault. Criminal actions have criminal consequences.

Yes ,yes it is .

Not sure what your point is. Bullying is just a vague description for a number of behaviours and incidents. Individual incidents often involve crimes such as theft, assault, harassment. But when they are put under the heading of bullying they seem to be given a pass from the criminal justice system by schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Woman convicted of racially aggravated ­threatening behaviour last November

Mother, who can't be named for legal reasons, launched vile attack in a takeaway

She spat at the owner, told him to 'f*** off' and called him a 'P**i and a 'terrorist'

Her son gained notoriety after video appeared to show him attacking refugee, 15

The alleged bully's brother was jailed after a Britain First rally erupted in violence

Says it all, it's always down to the parents in regards to bullying imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

No matter what has transpired IMO it is a matter between the boys, their parents and the school not a bunch of bleeding hearts crying "wont you think of the poor Syrian child who has escaped war only to be waterboarded by a Nazi thug" which paint a different narrative to the reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

No matter what has transpired IMO it is a matter between the boys, their parents and the school not a bunch of bleeding hearts crying "wont you think of the poor Syrian child who has escaped war only to be waterboarded by a Nazi thug" which paint a different narrative to the reality.

it is a matter for the police as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The reality of a syrian boy being racially assaulted by a guy who comes from a family of racists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Grayson wrote: »
    The reality of a syrian boy being racially assaulted by a guy who comes from a family of racists?

What about the assault makes you think it was racial??

But he wasn't charged with anything but common assault,
    Not race crime just common assault

He liked Tommy Robinson on Facebook, therefore, racist.

A guy from a family of racists, who likes racist stuff on facebook, decides to bully a syrian refugee. He was part of a group that previously bullied the refugee and had injured him.
    the kid who was bullied had even reached out to local politicians to complain about the racist bullying.

There's an overwhelming amount of evidence to show that this was a racially motivated attack.

BTW, I noticed that Tommy Robinson posted a video from a pub about how he was "duped". He didn't say sorry to the people he had accused. He didn't express any sympathy for the boy who was attacked. The same boy he had accused of a crime. He even said that he was the victim of some lefty.
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/tommy-robinson-admits-he-shared-fake-news-about-muslims-attacking-boy-at-school-was-syrian-refugee-a4005301.html

That guy is absolute fcuking scum.

There's an overwhelming amount of evidence to show that this was a racially motivated attack.

What that bastion of reputable journalism the Daily Mail elects to print without providing sources does not constitute evidence in my belief.

All you and I really have to go on is what we can see from the video for ourselves, the attacker is a vile bully yes, racist? I couldn't possibly say. That the Police have not charged said bully with anything other than common assault also points to the lack of evidence to this bully being a radicalized, anti-immigrant racist as some of you on your witch hunt have been so quick to label him.

What that bastion of reputable journalism the Daily Mail elects to print without providing sources does not constitute evidence in my belief.

All you and I really have to go on is what we can see from the video for ourselves, the attacker is a vile bully yes, racist? I couldn't possibly say. That the Police have not charged said bully with anything other than common assault also points to the lack of evidence to this bully being a radicalized, anti-immigrant racist as some of you on your witch hunt have been so quick to label him.

It's been in multiple newspapers, not just the daily mail. It's not a witchhunt, it's just the facts.

Can I be 100% certain? no. However there is a massive amount of evidence to suggest that it is the case.

If someone who had posted anti jewish stuff, who's family had attacked jews, then attacked a jew themselves, we wouldn't be saying that we have no way of knowing what their motives were.

There's a hell of a lot of evidence to suggest this was racially motivated. Yet you're dismissing all of it.

• Advertisement

There's a hell of a lot of evidence to suggest this was racially motivated. Yet you're dismissing all of it.

I'm open to correction if you'd like to post some of this evidence to this attack being anything more than a callous non-racially motivated assault.

Though as I am skeptical of tabloid reports that do not contain verified statements from Police Officials, or the School board, I perhaps won't be overly receptive to your "proof" being a quote from an unnamed source in the Huddersfield Gazette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

It's been in multiple newspapers, not just the daily mail. It's not a witchhunt, it's just the facts.

Can I be 100% certain? no. However there is a massive amount of evidence to suggest that it is the case.

If someone who had posted anti jewish stuff, who's family had attacked jews, then attacked a jew themselves, we wouldn't be saying that we have no way of knowing what their motives were.

Sounds like a Witch hunt to me, what was the other newspaper? the Guardian or some other far-left rag? lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Allegations? The German authorities have stated there were 1200 incidents of sexual assault during the NYE celebrations, you haven't a bloody clue what you're talking about... besides which, what has this got to do with the bullying incident we're discussing?

Sexual assault is not always rape. Using rape out of context is sensationalism

Try_harder wrote: »
    Sexual assault is not always rape

I never claimed otherwise, in fact my post which you quoted never uses the word "rape".
    Try_harder wrote: »
    Using rape out of context is sensationalism

Agreed, which is why I have never done such a thing, now to quote myself;
    What has this got to do with the bullying incident we're discussing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

A guy from a family of racists, who likes racist stuff on facebook, decides to bully a syrian refugee. He was part of a group that previously bullied the refugee and had injured him.
    the kid who was bullied had even reached out to local politicians to complain about the racist bullying.

BTW, I noticed that Tommy Robinson posted a video from a pub about how he was "duped". He didn't say sorry to the people he had accused. He didn't express any sympathy for the boy who was attacked. The same boy he had accused of a crime. He even said that he was the victim of some lefty.
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/tommy-robinson-admits-he-shared-fake-news-about-muslims-attacking-boy-at-school-was-syrian-refugee-a4005301.html

With so much “evidence” how come the police didn’t charge him with a racially motivated attack??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

A lot of 'racist' incidents are just horrible cnuts doing horrible cnuts things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

LThere's an overwhelming amount of evidence to show that this was a racially motivated attack.

Got to love right wingers and their definition of that "personal accountability" stuff they're so fond of. I'm surprised he didn't try to claim he was only joking, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

He liked Tommy Robinson on Facebook, therefore, racist.

I haven't yet met anyone who likes Tommy Robinson that isn't racist.

Advertisement