Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Syrian boy bullied in Huddersfield

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Gatling wrote: »
    Isn't that bullying initself demanding someone do something they might not want to

Why would anyone not want to condemn bullying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Faugheen wrote: »

You have zero rights to demand anything from anyone while jumping up and down screaming someone else is a bully.

I'm off to bed

Gatling wrote: »
    You have zero rights to demand anything from anyone while jumping up and down screaming someone else is a bully

I'm not demanding them to do anything.

They're saying they never condoned what has happened in the video.

I don't believe them, so I dared them to condemn it. Which they haven't done.

Instead, they've brought up whataboutery. Lowlifes.

You keep defending them though. Just know one of them is a racist so you're in good company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Because you are just looking for backup for your post here :
    Condemn it then. Don't resort to whataboutery.

Do it.

So you can get more on your "side" to bully others on the thread

Since it's only the usual 5 second wonder of a video, there is nothing wrong with not siding until it's sorted (legally )

Like any bully, your post is just a version of the "you're on my side or i'll batter you "

Do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

I'm not demanding them to do anything.

They're saying they never condoned what has happened in the video.

I don't believe them, so I dared them to condemn it. Which they haven't done.

Instead, they've brought up whataboutery. Lowlifes.

You keep defending them though. Just know one of them is a racist so you're in good company.

Stick on a repeat of last weeks RAW there mate and chill out. Your getting very worked up calling people racists and talking about stuff you know nothing about.

Nobody has to come out and condemn anything we arent politicians. As i said in a previous post id assume everyone would find bullying deplorable. Myself included. I dont need to come out and say i condemn something just to keep you happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

It has nothing to do with condemning or condoning bullying. The fact that there are specific mentions of the nationalities involves makes it a politically charged debate.

It wasn't enough to put the video across as been that of one kid bullying another kid......... the question of nationality has clearly been fired up in this campaign and make no doubt about it that it is not only politically charged, but will be leaped upon my people with a specific Left Wing agenda.

Where was all the outrage when German students, only children themselves where been viciously bullied by the children of Syrian immigrants?

Perhaps because it's not convenient for people with a certain political agenda to do so or highlight such an issue?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/world/742584/Muslims-bullying-Christians-refugee-children-Germany/amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Surely, it goes without saying that every case of bullying should get condemed.

Guessing every class, in every year, in every school, in every country - has some sort of worrying bullying type behaviour.
    Think my school had several incidences of broken bones, serious concussion, a fractured eye socket or two, and that's even before we mention the priests.
    Perhaps it was the days before utubes, as from memory don't think anyone got any financial support as a result.

But if we're looking at all of today's major news headlines, realted to mistreatment of youths/schools we should acknowledge them all.

This story, yes very shameful behaviour.
    The story of a school failed by multiple checks and procedures this week, whereby an adult in 30's was placed in as a student with under 16's. How did that even happen, isn't there safety guidelines?
    The story also in most of the press today, yet another very serious, life-changing attack on a young german school girl, which took place yesterday.

Stick on a repeat of last weeks RAW there mate and chill out. Your getting very worked up calling people racists and talking about stuff you know nothing about.

Nobody has to come out and condemn anything we arent politicians. As i said in a previous post id assume everyone would find bullying deplorable. Myself included. I dont need to come out and say i condemn something just to keep you happy.

Stop looking for whataboutery straight away then, racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Why don't you prove me wrong, racist?

Still waiting for you to condemn the bullying that is being spoken about in this thread, racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

You're a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭yoke

DS86DS wrote: »
    [...] Where was all the outrage when German students, only children themselves where been viciously bullied by the children of Syrian immigrants?

Perhaps because it's not convenient for people with a certain political agenda to do so or highlight such an issue?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/world/742584/Muslims-bullying-Christians-refugee-children-Germany/amp

That link mentions immigrant muslims bullying immigrant christians, not “existing german students” like you’re trying to portray it as.

It isn’t nationality based but rather religion based, as both the victims and the bullies are migrants who have come from the same countries.

A clue - the first ****ing sentence even says “Christian migrants who have travelled to Germany from Syria, Afghanistan or Iraq are being bullied and viciously assaulted by Muslim migrants of the same age”.

Did you even read your own link?

I do agree it is equally deplorable, but maybe you should start a new thread about that instead of hijacking this one. The link is definitely not what you were presenting it as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

yoke wrote: »
    That link mentions immigrant muslims bullying immigrant christians, not “existing german students” like you’re trying to portray it as.
    it isn’t nationality based but rather religion based, as both the victims and the bullies are migrants who have come from the same countries.
    A clue - the first ****ing sentence even says “Christian migrants who have travelled to Germany from Syria, Afghanistan or Iraq are being bullied and viciously assaulted by Muslim migrants of the same age”.

I do agree it is equally deplorable, but maybe you should start a new thread about that instead of hijacking this one. The link is definitely not what you were presenting it as.

Admittedly, I had assumed that I had the correct article and posted it. But one does not have to dig deep to find stories of women and children been terrorised around Europe.

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/04/migrants-bully-and-beat-up-german-boy-for-eating-pork-an-ambulance-was-needed/

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭yoke

Admittedly, I had assumed that I had the correct article and posted it. But one does not have to dig deep to find stories of women and children been terrorised around Europe.

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/04/migrants-bully-and-beat-up-german-boy-for-eating-pork-an-ambulance-was-needed/

Very poorly reported article from a website which says “Uncensored news...” on its logo, which makes me automatically distrust them, like I would automatically distrust anyone who introduced themselves as “Honest John” or “Salt of the earth Jim”.

In this case due to how the article is written, I do trust them, so I’ll ignore my first impressions above, for now.

So they’re reporting what’s been written in a letter by an anonymous person describing their son’s ordeal - however we aren’t given enough details to be properly outraged about. We don’t even know if what’s being reported is a case of racism (if the victim was an ethnic German, then it’s probably racism) or religious extremism (if the victim was not an ethnic German but a migrant German, then it’s probably religious extremism, which is what I suspect based on the fact that they say it’s a migrant neighborhood, they say they are vegetarians, and they say they have a motley band of friends but never mention family, which would be more expected if they were ethnic Germans - but of course I can’t be sure because they never mentioned it).

So I’m outraged, because religion-based victimisation is just as bad as racism I guess, but I don’t have a video to look at, and not enough details to be properly outraged about.
    If that article was better researched and gave more details it would evoke a more lasting outrage, fewer details will always result in a shorter and less intense outrage. That website could get much higher levels of outrage out of me if they did their bleedin homework.

Faugheen, you are without a doubt the weakest debater on this entire site. It's not the first time I've seen you like this.

The caricature you build up in your head of the person you're arguing is not real. It's not based on reality. More than anyone this site, you clearly are fighting this thing in your mind rather than the actual poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Seeing any kid getting bullied annoys the hell out of me no matter what race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It angers me cause I remember a older kid picking on me too when I was in school. Something like what happened to that kid.

While this thing happens everyday and maybe worse it's still great to see it highlighted and may make few bullies think twice this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The basis of that article appears to be unverified reports. So I'm inclined to say there is not a Europe wide plot by Muslim children to bully other children for eating pork... Shocking I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Funny how you don't hear about the kids in German schools been attacked on a continual basis by the children of Syrian immigrants.

Selective outrage from the Whitey-is-evil brigade as usual.

Source for that? I doubt Syrians are a majority in any German school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

While this thing happens everyday and maybe worse it's still great to see it highlighted and may make few bullies think twice this morning

It won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Larbre34 wrote: »
    It won't.

You be surprised. Now it ain't going stop bullying. I saw far worse bullying, but it does not make it right.

If it raises awareness of bullying and even makes a few think twice then it will maybe help some kids have easier life this morning. To be honest it's awful seeing kids being bullied end of.

I know what you are saying too. It's not like this is the only time a kid has been bullied. It's in every school

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Horrible, I can hardly bear to look at it. One of mine was badly bullied as a teenager for a short while until he turned on his bully. It makes me feel cold murderous rage even to think of bullying. I would not be safe to be let near that boy who held that lad by the throat, though of course anything I could do would be ineffectual - it just makes me so mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

What's the point of this? He keeps saying "say it now then". Seems fairly obvious one guy said something about the other and he caught up with him after school. Seen it happen many a time in my school. People got on with their lives after and nobody was worse off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Funny how you don't hear about the kids in German schools been attacked on a continual basis by the children of Syrian immigrants.

Selective outrage from the Whitey-is-evil brigade as usual.

Spot on, don't get me wrong, it's awful what happened, but the outrage will be very select on these cases.

As said, no one gives a **** about the german kids being battered by Syrian kids in German schools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What's the deal with the instant gofundme pages as soon as anything happens? Yes, he got bullied and now everyone knows who the guy is that did it. He'll get in trouble etc. But why does this kid get 20 or 30 grand?

Edit. Beaten too it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The whataboutery is ridiculous.
    There have been numerous bullying videos posted that went viral, the two latest ones being a girl beaten up by another bunch of girls and the lads that threw eggs and flour on a lady with special needs. They all lead to outrage and media coverage.

This is your bog standard bully, acting tough in front of his friends picking on an incapacitated (there are reports he'd already had his arm broken in an altercation with them) lad thats half his size.

His IG has been found already, the Syrian kid already reported it to police already who are looking into it.

I'm really uncomfortable with GoFundMe's though, how can you verify they're legit, how can you be sure all the cash is handed over?
    Its like people throw a tenner and think the issue is resolved as they donated.

The local MP is in touch with the family and seems to be running things past the family with regard to gestures. Huddersfield Town already offered VIP for the next home game, BT are offering all expenses paid to a Premier League game of his choosing etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

razorblunt wrote: »
    The whataboutery is ridiculous.
    There have been numerous bullying videos posted that went viral, the two latest ones being a girl beaten up by another bunch of girls and the lads that threw eggs and flour on a lady with special needs. They all lead to outrage and media coverage.

This is your bog standard bully, acting tough in front of his friends picking on an incapacitated (there are reports he'd already had his arm broken in an altercation with them) lad thats half his size.

His IG has been found already, the Syrian kid already reported it to police already who are looking into it.

I'm really uncomfortable with GoFundMe's though, how can you verify they're legit, how can you be sure all the cash is handed over?
    Its like people throw a tenner and think the issue is resolved as they donated.

The local MP is in touch with the family and seems to be running things past the family with regard to gestures. Huddersfield Town already offered VIP for the next home game, BT are offering all expenses paid to a Premier League game of his choosing etc.

It's not really ''bog standard'' bullying though, is it, if he had his arm actually broken by the same bullies already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 217 ✭✭Cockford Ollie

Some people must get a right horn from shouting the word racist all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Funny how you always see people with a 'join date' from the last month or two piling into these threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

emo72 wrote: »
    Kids are horrible to each other. It's nothing to do with nationality.

well it probably has in this case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Zorya wrote: »
    It's not really ''bog standard'' bullying though, is it, if he had his arm actually broken by the same bullies already.

That's alleged for now, in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

It's a 30 odd second video. Yes it wasn't nice, but the first thing the English kids says is "What are you saying now", who knows if the Syrian was running his mouth before or what he had been saying previously?? We have no idea what happened before.

I know it shouldn't lead to violence, but he hardly assaulted him, he tripped him up and poured some water on his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Just heard on the news the attacker is to be charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Very distressing to watch, very sad to see someone just minding their own business be attacked like that with no provocation.
    What a brave boy, picking on a lad with a broken arm.

The race of both boys is irrelevant, but I hope this is a lesson to the bully that if you grab someone by the throat & slam them on the ground, people are going to think you are an assh*le, and rightly so.
    Its just nasty.

He was choked and the water was aimed at his mouth.

That absolutely is a waterboarding.

What video did you watch?

The point of a choke is to block the airway.

The point of waterboarding is that water gets into the airway.

You can't have it both ways. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ah ffs - seriously? This is the point you want to make?

Just heard on the news the attacker is to be charged.

oh well - sometimes in life you get what you deserve

lawred2 wrote: »
    ah ffs - seriously? This is the point you want to make?

It was in reply who was claiming that the incident "absolutely is a waterboarding" but continue with the faux outrage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Getting charged now.

Quick work. On top of all those bullying incidents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

It's not an English kid. It's a Syrian kid being bullied by an English kid.

The **** was the point of this post?

I think i made my point fairly clear. Thousands of younglads and girls put up with this type of shyte daily.

I wonder how many of them had go fund mes with 24k in after 4 hours.

Selective outrage.
    How many of themy have fled from: Barrel bombs, gas attacks, government forces, rebel forces, Russian bombardment, cross fire and, oh yeah, nearly forgot, ISIS?

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    How many of themy have fled from: Barrel bombs, gas attacks, government forces, rebel forces, Russian bombardment, cross fire and, oh yeah, nearly forgot, ISIS?

You know this kid and his back story personally??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭volchitsa

FFS I can hardly believe you think that's some sort of defence.

Apart from the complete lack of empathy it shows, it's not even technically correct.

What do you think happens when you've blocked someone's breathing with a chokehold and then lift your hand? Maybe they more or less involuntarily take a massive breath in, right? And what then happens if you or someone else pours water over their mouth at the same time?

Jeez. Someone said a cesspit above, and I thought that was a bit OTT - but then I read on and saw this.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

If he that was an english lad getting bullied you wouldnt hear anything about this. Just saying.

WHAT IS THIS NOW THE F*CKING UN ???

volchitsa wrote: »
    FFS I can hardly believe you think that's some sort of defence.

Apart from the complete lack of empathy it shows, it's not even technically correct.

What do you think happens when you've blocked someone's breathing with a chokehold and then lift your hand? Maybe they more or less involuntarily take a massive breath in, right? And what then happens if you or someone else pours water over their mouth at the same time?

Jeez. Someone said a cesspit above, and I thought that was a bit OTT - but then I read on and saw this.

As i have said again, and I will repeat again.

It was not a defense of what happened, I was replying to someone who completely hysterically stated that the Syrian child was 'absolutely waterboarded'. The water/juice was poured on him for about 2/3 seconds.

The hysterical Helen Lovejoys in here are ridiculous. No wonder people don't take them seriously.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You watched the news recently? Or are you implying that this kid is from the really nice, quiet, peaceful part of Syria that has never been under threat from any of the above?

You are either a vile and nasty scumbag or a complete ****ing moron. Possibly, and most likely, both.

Large parts of Syria were and are unscathed by the war. Again, do you know the kid or his circumstances personally??

Faugheen's racist count has turned back over to 0 ... jesus.
    Irony is he is the real racist as he sees this as much more serious, as the victim here is Syrian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

You know this kid and his back story personally??

do you? he fled from syria, so it is reasonable to assume he fled from the issues there.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭volchitsa

It was not a defense of what happened, I was replying to someone who completely hysterically stated that the Syrian child was 'absolutely waterboarded'. The water/juice was poured on him for about 2/3 seconds.
    Just wondering what you understand water boarding to mean?

Only you come across as someone - and there are plenty in politics and the US military - who would define all but the most dangerous forms of it as "enhanced interrogation techniques" or other euphemism.
    The hysterical Helen Lovejoys in here are ridiculous. No wonder people don't take them seriously.

Funny that you think that's the thing most worth giving out about here.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i think it is you being hysterical tbh. you tried to claim that someone couldn't choke and waterboard someone. you were wrong, it is absolutely possible.
    Large parts of Syria were and are unscathed by the war. Again, do you know the kid or his circumstances personally??

Large parts of Syria were and are unscathed by the war according to who?
    TomSweeney wrote: »
    Faugheen's racist count has turned back over to 0 ... jesus.
    Irony is he is the real racist as he sees this as much more serious, as the victim here is Syrian.

does he? where did he say this?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

volchitsa wrote: »
    Just wondering what you understands water boarding to mean?
    You come across as someone who would define all but the most dangerous forms of it as "enhanced interrogation techniques" or other euphemism.

Funny that you think that's the thing most worth giving out about here.

an interrogation technique simulating the experience of drowning, in which a person is strapped head downwards on a sloping board or bench with the mouth and nose covered, while large quantities of water are poured over the face, pretty much covers it. Getting less water squirted into your face than you'd get in a water fight wouldn't cover it in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What was the fecking point of posting this thread other than to create conflict?

• Advertisement
Advertisement