Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up new payee - not receiving confirmation code

Options
  • 28-11-2018 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have a business account on 365online with BOI. I am trying to set up new payees and am receiving text messages from BOI telling me that they have experienced a problem with my mobile phone number, and that I should ring a certain phone number (support) to get this sorted.
    Now, I have been receiving many text messages from BOI.
    When I rang BOI support, I was told it was a problem with my mobile network provider and that I should ring them. When I rang them I was told that if I receive messages, but just not *that* message, that it was not a problem ot the mobile network provider, but with the bank.
    When I rang the bank again, the lady said I was only her second customer with such a problem and that it rarely occurs.
    Looking at Boards.ie it seems that this is not quite true.
    I was then told that I could try another phone number (not that straight forward to change the number though, and no guarantee that it would work with the other number either) or that I could do it by post.
    I have to pay salaries though to new employees and cannot really wait for the post.
    And - why using online banking at all if you have to set up payees using good old-fashioned letters?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi never mind,

Thanks for getting in touch with us this morning.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with our Activation codes.

Have you recently changed your sim card or phone as this can cause this issue?  If so then requesting a code out by post will reactivate your mobile and allow for Activation codes to go out by text from then on.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Constant problem with BOI op. Ancient systems they use.

Enter random numbers into the code field and after 3 times it'll reset and send you a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 never mind

Reati wrote: »
    Constant problem with BOI op. Ancient systems they use.

Enter random numbers into the code field and after 3 times it'll reset and send you a new one.
    Thank you, Reati. It tries to - but they do not come through for some reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 never mind

Thank you, Lorna. I have now requested the codes in the post and hope that this will eventually solve the problem - although it means that we will not be able to pay our employees on time.

As an aside, I just checked with my branch and it turns out that I cannot even pay the salaries by going into the branch as none of our employees have their accounts with Bank of Ireland. Surprisingly, we can only pay into accounts in Bank of Ireland, even by going directly to the branch.

Finally, it would be useful to pass the information you shared with me on to 365online support. It would have saved them and myself and my network provider a lot of time this morning.

I can't believe how complicated it is to pay someone from my Bank of Ireland account.

Regards,
    Reinhard
    Hi never mind,

Thanks for getting in touch with us this morning.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with our Activation codes.

Have you recently changed your sim card or phone as this can cause this issue?  If so then requesting a code out by post will reactivate your mobile and allow for Activation codes to go out by text from then on.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Reinhard,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I will absolutely pass on your feedback to our 365online support staff.

The issue is a security measure to protect your account once the phone or sim is changed.

I will just advise you that we also have Business Online available for our business customers to process bulk payments. I have attached a link with more information here.

If I can help with anything else, please let me know.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Advertisement
Advertisement