Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To change a company name

Options
  • 28-11-2018 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a small limited land surveying company and I am looking to rebrand due to offering a new service, e.g. aerial surveying. The current name I am using does not associate with the new route I am going down.

Question is, if I change the company name do I need to open new bank accounts and let companies know, for there accounts etc or would it be better to keep the company name and establish a trade as name?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi there

You do not have to open new bank accounts but you will need to inform the bank if you change your company name. You will also need to inform suppliers of you are trading differently.

You could register a trading as but this does not offer you any protection if you wish to protect the name of the business against other persons who may want to use it.

Regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 38 spoiler

Presuming you have a ltd company registered with the CRO you can change the companies name with the CRO if you go on to this link it tells you about it https://www.cro.ie/Post-Registration/Company/Change-Name. You could register the new name as a business registration under the company you currently have. You will need to just inform your bank of new name I don't think you would need to open a new bank account.

Advertisement