Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring funds from ROI to UK

Options
  • 28-11-2018 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi there,

Buying a car in the UK & trying to figure out how many days I need to give myself over there to get the transaction through. The funds are cleared in my BOI current account here. What's the quickest way to transfer them to the garage in the UK?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi DArcy,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here this morning.

This would depend on how the retailer would like to be paid.

If you have the available funds you will be able to make the payment using your card.

You can make a SEPA transfer, if made before 15:30 on a weekday, takes one working day this is a euro transfer.

If they was the transfer in Sterling that is an International Payment and can take 3-5 working days.

If you do make the payment by card you will have more protection as you would be covered
    under Visa debit dispute policies.

If I can help with anything else, let us know.

Good luck with the new wheels!

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

Hi Lorna,

Thanks for the quick reply!

The dealer will take visa debit so I'd prefer to go that route, especially as the funds will transfer straight away. Will I need to get clearance from BOI in advance? It's a large amount!

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

That's absolutely perfect DArcy,

Once the funds are cleared in the account you won't need to notify us in advance. 

Our daily limits are only for ATM withdrawals. I will just advise you that there is a cross border handling fee of 2% of the transaction, capping at €11.43.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement