Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Safety During Winter

Options
  • 28-11-2018 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or are they people out there not using their heads when it comes to using the roads in regards been visible?
    I'm not just on about cars not turning on their headlights (which seems more common with cars having day time running lights) but more in regards pedestrians and cyclists, basically anyone on the road.
    Daily I'm seeing cyclists on the road, no helmet, lights,or high vis gear, all dressed in black.
    Same for pedestrians crossing the road where there is no zebra crossing and take their time crossing knowing that there is a car coming expecting the car to stop for them

I think RSA need to push more on getting cyclists and pedestrians ore visible rather than showing how to overtake a cyclist safely by 1m for example (which there is not enough room on most roads for this)

People who use the road, especially this time of year need to be seen. I nearly knocked down a cyclist the other day pulling out of work, no lights on, dressed in all black and flying up the rd, my college was walking to his van the same time and didn't even see him

Anyone other ideas which may help, apart from RSA running an advert?

Please move if this is incorrect place to post

Advertisement