Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Balbriggan

• 28-11-2018 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

An initial €10 million rejuvenation scheme represents the start of Our Balbriggan - a three-year vision for the future of the town which you can help shape over the next few weeks.

Survey on http://www.balbriggan.ie/ is open from November 26th to December 14th and will be vital to the future of Our Balbriggan.

Worth looking at and giving feedback. Balbriggan has been neglected for long enough so these plans are welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

sgarvan wrote: »
    An initial €10 million rejuvenation scheme represents the start of Our Balbriggan - a three-year vision for the future of the town which you can help shape over the next few weeks.

Survey on http://www.balbriggan.ie/ is open from November 26th to December 14th and will be vital to the future of Our Balbriggan.

Worth looking at and giving feedback. Balbriggan has been neglected for long enough so these plans are welcomed.

This is vital for Balbriggan. As you say Balbriggan (like Rush) has been neglected for years. The square looks good and it is vital people get their views across for this to work and rejuvenate the rest of the town

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭jim-mcdee

I'll believe it when I see it. Experience has forced me to by cynical about such things. Look at the details, its only a proposal. I could make a proposal myself. I propose we spend 5000 gizillion on the town and gold plate the roads. Look what happened with the DART.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

LeoB wrote: »
    This is vital for Balbriggan. As you say Balbriggan (like Rush) has been neglected for years. The square looks good and it is vital people get their views across for this to work and rejuvenate the rest of the town

It might look good, but there's no life in it any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 doneal

I have an issue with Balbriggan and transport, and the big question is that since its part of Dublin County, therefore, Dublin Bus or similar cooperate transport companies must operate with same fares as other parts of Dublin. Furthermore, many routes should connect Balbriggan to Dublin directly with vast options of stops (few to much stops) as many of us working in Dublin and need to commute with less stops.
    Bus Eireann is only operator in the city of Blabriggan, with heavy costly fares and Community bus B1 not working sundays as all. Dublin Bus no.33 from far outer Balbriggan to Dublin city centre with 99 stops is not enough and not resonable, reliable for commuters. We dont have to goto skerries and other 99 stops to get to Dublin which is only 20-30 min. away from city centre !! Bus 33 is fine but we need to add more routes both in the city of Balbriggan and between Balbriggan and Dublin city centre..
    Dublin to Maynooth (Co. kildare) has far better connections with cheaper fares and Dublin bus operate there!! So why Balbriggan (Co. Dublin) has less rights?

Advertisement