Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New SSD

Options
  • 28-11-2018 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Little advice needed on this one. I bought a new 480GB SSD to add to my pc. My current pc has a 240GB ssd which contains my windows 10 and some most used software programmes. This SSD is now full and there is little I can delete from it.

I would like my new SSD to become the main drive used etc.. Is this possible?

Is there a way to send all info from the 240gb ssd to the new 480gb ssd?
    Shouls I even bother with this or just install the new drive and somehow make it the new main drive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

If it was me i would backup files and pictures videos ect to external drive cloud backup or other means. Then install all os and software from scratch do windows updates and your good to go. Copy all your backup data back. Be careful to check and double check old drive for data before you rwmove or format.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

sugarman wrote: »
    You can clone and expand, but I find it messy and less hassle to install clean.

Why do you want your OS on the the new drive? Faster drive?

If its not, you can just move your software installs over and keep the OS on the 240GB.

It just seemed like less hassle. A clean install after backing up files seems the best

Advertisement