Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Zappi charge points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

KCross wrote: »
    I think its meant to be on CT2, not CT1, for that function.

I'm beginning to wonder that myself, the manual mentions CT2 but I assumed that's just because they assume CT1 is alwasy the grid sensor

It's possible it's enforced in the software as well

I'll see if I can change it over the CT2 and if it has any effect

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I'm beginning to wonder that myself, the manual mentions CT2 but I assumed that's just because they assume CT1 is alwasy the grid sensor

It's possible it's enforced in the software as well

I'll see if I can change it over the CT2 and if it has any effect

That’s exactly why, CT1 is the grid sensor... or at least that’s how it used be.

They could have changed that in the software but that was how it was coded at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

Folks,
    The EV is on its way and now I need to get my charger installed. I was going to go with Electricity Ireland for the EO Mini Pro 2 but many have advised to go with a Zappi as I also hope to install PV in the near future. Can anyone advise recommend a Zappi seller / installer? Thanks.

That’s exactly why, CT1 is the grid sensor... or at least that’s how it used be.

They could have changed that in the software but that was how it was coded at one point.

I swapped over to CT2 and no luck, group limit is still being ignored
    I noticed there that the power readings for CT2 are negative, even though the current is positive.

Would that be an indicator of a reversed CT clamp?

In some good news, my Hub and Zappi are finally talking to each other, so I'm downloading the latest firmware to see if that resolves the issues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Bif wrote: »
    Folks,
    The EV is on its way and now I need to get my charger installed. I was going to go with Electricity Ireland for the EO Mini Pro 2 but many have advised to go with a Zappi as I also hope to install PV in the near future. Can anyone advise recommend a Zappi seller / installer? Thanks.

http://www.darkinelectrical.ie/

• Advertisement

I noticed there that the power readings for CT2 are negative, even though the current is positive.

Would that be an indicator of a reversed CT clamp?

Yes.
    iirc, the arrow needs to point towards the consumer unit.
    Whatever direction you have it on, swap it, and see what happens.

Yes.
    iirc, the arrow needs to point towards the consumer unit.
    Whatever direction you have it on, swap it, and see what happens.

So the CT clamp needs to point in the direction of normal power flow

For the Grid CT, that's towards the CU
    For other CTs, that's away from the CU

I opened the juction box with the CT in it and it was pointing towards the CU. I reversed it and it's now giving positive power readings

Group limit still doesn't work however :(

I've a ticket open with MyEnergi so hopefully they'll have an idea of what to do

I opened the juction box with the CT in it and it was pointing towards the CU. I reversed it and it's now giving positive power readings

Group limit still doesn't work however :(

I've a ticket open with MyEnergi so hopefully they'll have an idea of what to do

And you presumably have a CT1 wired as well for Grid?
    And you have both correctly specified in the menu as Grid and monitor or whatever it says in the menu?

Is CT2 giving the correct readings (not just positive ones)?
    i.e. it is definitely sensing both charge points?

Is the Zappi up to date with firmware?

And you presumably have a CT1 wired as well for Grid?
    And you have both correctly specified in the menu as Grid and monitor or whatever it says in the menu?

Is the Zappi up to date with firmware?

Answers below

And you presumably have a CT1 wired as well for Grid? No, grid sensor is via the Harvi
    And you have both correctly specified in the menu as Grid and monitor or whatever it says in the menu? I believe so, Harvi is set to the Grid sensor in the linked devices menu. CT2 is set to Monitor, in the MN1 group with a limit set to 20A (I set it low for testing)

It looks correct, when I had the EO Mini charging the Leaf I could see CT2 reading 14A. When I plugged in the Zappi and started charging the ID.4 the current went to 28A (I've the Zappi set to a max of 14A currently)

Is the Zappi up to date with firmware? Just updated today, didn't help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

NO

The arrow on the back of the CT's ALWAYS point towards the CU. So the Grid one points AWAY from the Grid towards the CU, and a Solar monitoring CT points AWAY from an Inverter towards the CU

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    NO

The arrow on the back of the CT's ALWAYS point towards the CU. So the Grid one points AWAY from the Grid towards the CU, and a Solar monitoring CT points AWAY from an Inverter towards the CU

Okay but power normally flows from the grid towards the CU, and from the inverter towards the CU

But in the case of an appliance it flows AWAY from the CU, so the arrow should point away right?

Okay but power normally flows from the grid towards the CU, and from the inverter towards the CU

But in the case of an appliance it flows AWAY from the CU, so the arrow should point away right?

The only CT's that you should have is for measuring the Grid and Solar PV. Those two should be as I said. I really don't see where appliances comes into this.

The only CT's that you should have is for measuring the Grid and Solar PV. Those two should be as I said. I really don't see where appliances comes into this.

It's for load balancing, from the manual I'm basically doing option 2 below:556804.jpg

So I have 2 chargers on the same 32A supply, the EO Mini only draws 16A so I should be able to get the Zappi to limit it's current draw by monitoring the current on CT2 and setting a group limit

It's for load balancing, from the manual I'm basically doing option 2 below:556804.jpg

So I have 2 chargers on the same 32A supply, the EO Mini only draws 16A so I should be able to get the Zappi to limit it's current draw by monitoring the current on CT2 and setting a group limit

If the arrow is pointing at the CU and the reading is negative, then swap over the wires at the CT2 terminal inside the Zappi unit, to get the reading back to positive.

If you had a group limit of 100 and the other EV point was using -50, then the Zappi would look to use 150

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Have you tried a full reset of the Zappi? Sometimes that fixes issues. It fixed a couple of mine.

garo wrote: »
    Have you tried a full reset of the Zappi? Sometimes that fixes issues. It fixed a couple of mine.

I power cycled it a couple of times and that didn't seem to work

Do you mean a factory reset?

If the arrow is pointing at the CU and the reading is negative, then swap over the wires at the CT2 terminal inside the Zappi unit, to get the reading back to positive.

If you had a group limit of 100 and the other EV point was using -50, then the Zappi would look to use 150

Tried that already, unfortunately it didn't seem to work. I am getting positive power readings now for CT2 with the arrow pointing towards the chargers, which is progress I guess

The current readings were always positive however, I guess the Zappi normalises them

When I'm in the menu for CT2, I can set the limit to 20A for example and set the Zappi device limit to 28A. I can see in the readings for CT2 it measures 28A, so it's definitely ignoring the limit I've set

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

Is the Zappi configured as the master device?

_dof_ wrote: »

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

I power cycled it a couple of times and that didn't seem to work

Do you mean a factory reset?

Yes factory reset via the Advanced Menu. You will lose all your settings and may have to reconfigure from scratch. But there's a good chance it will work.

• Advertisement

It doesn't have to be. In my case, my PV stuff is in the shed down the end of the garden and the Zappi is basically at the front of the house, so the Eddi was getting a more reliable signal from the Harvi in the shed.

So if you have a Harvi, the Master device is the one the Harvi is paired with. If no Harvi is in your setup, then it's whichever is possibly the most accessible (if you like playing with the settings)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I’d just phone MyEnergi, they are very good over going over issues there and then, my system was fecked and it turned out there was a messed up firmware update that set my location to Australia and that was root cause.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    I’d just phone MyEnergi, they are very good over going over issues there and then, my system was fecked and it turned out there was a messed up firmware update that set my location to Australia and that was root cause.

I've a support ticket open with them, unfortunately they haven't figured it out yet. I'm going to send in some pictures to them next week so hopefully that'll help

Do you know if they can remotely connect to the Zappi via a hub? I suspect something is set wrong somewhere and I wonder if it's a case that 5 mins of looking from the experts would fix

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Do you know if they can remotely connect to the Zappi via a hub?

Yes, there was an issue with hubs on what was the latest firmware a few weeks back, a strange one where if their serial number ended in a 4 they were going offline.
    One of the guys pushed a beta firmware to my hub and a beta firmware to update my Zappi2 too and all good thereafter

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I am trying to add my hub on myenergi app.

The app says registration code is on page 2 of Information on the Zappi.Page 2/4 mentions Grid Sensor and Fault but no code?

seligehgit wrote: »
    I am trying to add my hub on myenergi app.

The app says registration code is on page 2 of Information on the Zappi.Page 2/4 mentions Grid Sensor and Fault but no code?

I think it might have been on page 3 for me, the information screen seem to change depending on how much stuff is connected

It says hub registration code and a string of letters and numbers underneath

I think you need to pair the hub first in case you haven't

I think it might have been on page 3 for me, the information screen seem to change depending on how much stuff is connected

It says hub registration code and a string of letters and numbers underneath

I think you need to pair the hub first in case you haven't

Nothing on page 3.I've paired the Hub and Harvi and have green lights on the Hub for both the Zappi and Harvi?

Got it sorted.

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

It doesn't have to be. In my case, my PV stuff is in the shed down the end of the garden and the Zappi is basically at the front of the house, so the Eddi was getting a more reliable signal from the Harvi in the shed.

So if you have a Harvi, the Master device is the one the Harvi is paired with. If no Harvi is in your setup, then it's whichever is possibly the most accessible (if you like playing with the settings)

In the group limits section of the manual quoted above, it mentions that group limits should only be set on devices which are master.

• Advertisement

In the group limits section of the manual quoted above, it mentions that group limits should only be set on devices which are master.

I think that you can't set them on any non master device, unless I missed something

Zappi is master in my setup, but still is ignoring group limit

Can hub or Harvi be master? I wonder if my device links have gotten screwed up

I'll try a factory reset next week and see what happens

Advertisement