Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Zappi charge points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Based on that its overpriced I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Hey all, we're currently in the process of seeking quotes for a zappi. We already have a 4kw PV with Eddi, Harvi & Hub. We will have to connect from meter due to house layout/external insulation etc. What will I need to check with suppliers to ensure the zappi set up links directly with the existing system? Presume CT clamps etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭spose

Within the myenergy app I will want to be able to see house consumption and EV consumption. Do you just need the one CT on the cable between the meter and consumer unit or do you need a second CT on the cable to the zappi?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

The MyEnergi ecosystem shares all data between devices. However, a Harvi must always be paired to your primary device. The Eddi could remain the master.

So do you currently have two CT clamps - one reading the grid, and one reading the Solar PV ? The Zappi needs a Solar PV CT to see solar excess, while the Eddi just need a single CT to monitor the grid

No don’t have any myenergy yet. Currently visibility on inverters is only through SOLARMAN app and have iboost for hot water so no visibility on that other than on the unit itself. Zappi is coming so trying to figure out if I can just add a harvi and CTs for the cables from solar, from battery and on immersion and then have visibility on everything once the zappi has ct on grid line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

I havd similac - solarman and myenergi set up. At the moment I can only see EV on MyEnergi app - but company have assured me I will see everything once a missing Harvi is fitted (currently in short supply)!

They "assured" you eh ???

Remember that string inverters are the only type which give a true representation of solar PV, because since you monitor the AC side, you only see what comes out of the inverter.

So if you have a hybrid inverter, then everything is skewed. Initially, you see no PV as a battery is being charged, and then it can show PV up to maybe midnight as the battery is being discharged.

For those unfamiliar, a Harvi is simply used to send the data of a CT clamp to the Eddi or Zappi wirelessly (via radio signals) if a CT clamp cannot be physically wired to EITHER device

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I’m sure this has been responded to but there’s an awful lot of posts to go through ti find the answer.

I had a zappi installed and tried to set it up online and register it but it didn’t seem to connect to the internet or their website couldn’t find it when I was going through the steps. Kept failing and I gave up trying to find the answer on the website.

Anybody got any tips on registering it online and connecting it up properly? I can use it grand but conscious it might be good for it to be registered officially.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PetrolTrev

I got one installed last week. I used the MyEnergi app and registered it using the Reg serial number and the Reg code found through the menu on the Zappo. It connected straight away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I’d phone them, their phone support is excellent, very knowledgeable staff

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Lads, i need to get this sorted. Any recommended companies? Going to need a zappi and maybe a harvi/alternative to harvi to monitor solar use through my panels. I have a diverter to immersion so need to ask them if possible to prioritise etc. Based in north wicklow so anywhere reputable and ok to deal with around

If you are putting in a Zappi you really need to have an EDDI diverter, once you have the suite of MyEnergi products prioritising is easy peasey via the App...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭josip

Are new builds supposed to have an ESB isolator fitted as standard? A RECI told me once that if they're not present on a new build or reconnection the ESB should fit them at no charge. Dunno if they were correct or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Thanks, thats why im asking if anyone can recommend a reci who can do all those things

What water diverter do you have. You should be able change the export threshold that it kicks in at. Granted not as user friendly as the myenergy app but saves the cost on an eddi

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

MIL has a zappi and Eddie installed, but they didn't register her on the app. Trying to do it myself, but I can't find the Registration number on page 2 of information screen on either the zappi or Eddi. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭tyres

Looking for a bit if reassurance here that all is in order with Zappi charger just installed. First time charging a new Leaf this evening and just posting some readings from the charger....

Having issues connecting to my router as the charger is in the garage and out of range so as a result am unable to access the app. Intending to add an Access Point as close as possible to the garage should fix that issue.

Any feedback appreciated..👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

I have a tethered type 1 Zappi and I'm changing cars and need a type 2 cable. Is it better to just buy an adapter or get an electritian to swap the tethered type 1 for a tethered type 2 (assuming this can be done)?

Do it yourself. Not much different to wiring a plug. You have a cable you match

• Registered Users Posts: 32 el capitan

Do you need a PV battery for the Zappi to work off solar?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 32 el capitan

Is it true that

ev chargers can only be wired from the consumer unit and not the meter box? My ideal location is beside the meter box while the consumer unit is at the other side of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Tyres, you need to change from the fast charge to eco using the up/down buttons, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭society4

Quick question …only just got zappi and using eco mode but its taking a long time….if I go on fast charge how long will it take to charge from 20% to 100%…

Do you have Solar PV?

Eco is for Solar so that you can use the excess Solar electricity for hot water or car charging.

If you have no Solar you should just use Fast (32A, so full speed at 7.2kW).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Buffman

An adapter is fine for the odd use, but they're unwieldy and would get annoying to use every time. As you're fully switching to type 2 you'd be far better off switching to a type 2 cable. The costs would similar anyway as those adapters ain't cheap. You could then also sell the spare Type 1 cable on Adverts/FB for a few quid.

As said above if you're any good at DIY it's handy enough, or a Sparks should only charge a minimal amount to swap it.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭society4

I don’t have solar …so would 6 hrs charge it fully…

Depends on the size of the battery.

It will get about 7kWh into the battery every hour. If its, say, a 58kWh battery then it will take 58/7=~8hrs

But that would be assuming you are going from 0-100%. Most times you would only be topping up, so it would take less.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

My zappi keeps losing its WiFi connection. Restarting the unit is the only solution so far, and it instantly connects after that. Very odd, and annoying. Anyone else similar?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Advertisement