Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay Order From USA, Tracked In Portugal?

Options
  • 28-11-2018 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi. I ordered an NTSC motherboard for a PS2 console I have so I can have the console play NTSC PS1 games legitimately. It was shipped with USPS and it took a full week to finally depart the US on the 26th. I went to track it today to find out it's in Portugal?

Is it normal for a parcel to go through Portugal sometimes before it reaches Ireland? I don't really see any reason for it, but someone else might know better than me.

The only reason I can think of myself is that they're bringing multiple parcels into Europe and going to Portugal first makes most of them possible to deliver to other European countries by road, aside from UK & Ireland of course.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Misdirected. It may eventually get back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭steo2k9

Thanks, that's what I was thinking but I wasn't too sure. It says it went through customs over there:
    November 28, 2018, 2:34 pm 
    Processed Through Facility 
    PORTUGAL 
    Your item was processed through a facility in PORTUGAL on November 28, 2018 at 2:34 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. 
    November 28, 2018, 9:32 am 
    Departed 
    LISBON, PORTUGAL 
    November 28, 2018, 4:36 am 
    Customs Clearance 
    PORTUGAL

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are you sure the seller didnt send the wrong tracking number? If you've not also verify with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭steo2k9

ED E wrote: »
    Are you sure the seller didnt send the wrong tracking number? If you've not also verify with them.

I have sent the seller a message asking about it. It probably seems more likely that there was a mixup with the tracking numbers. I'll see what the seller responds.

The update today is that it cleared customs in Portugal.

Advertisement