Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Outlook 2010 closes when I attempt to send an email

Options
  • 28-11-2018 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Seeking a bit of expert advice.

When I right click on a pdf's icon or any other file to send as an email attachment(select send to mail recipient) outlook opens up.

I proceed to add a sender email address.

Uponst same,outlook closes so it goes into the outbox folder.

So I have to reopen outlook to send the email???

Ta

seligehgit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

seligehgit wrote: »
    Hi guys

Seeking a bit of expert advice.

When I right click on a pdf's icon or any other file to send as an email attachment(select send to mail recipient) outlook opens up.

I proceed to add a sender email address.

Uponst same,outlook closes so it goes into the outbox folder.

So I have to reopen outlook to send the email???

Ta

seligehgit
    To me sound like normal...its not Outlook, but Message window opens.
    If Outlook not running it is not connected to server - no transaction can be completed - your message stored in Outbox folder.
    Keep Outlook open and it will send immediately*.

On Outlook2016 all exact the same - mail send out from Outbox automagicaly only if/once Outlook is open/running and connected to server, unless purposely set not to send* in options, see :
    * Email stays in the Outbox folder until you manually initiate a send/receive operation in Outlook

Advertisement