Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pumped insulation into cavity

• 28-11-2018 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Iv just had my cavity pumped in my self build bungalow and was wonder should I fill in all the drilled holes before I put up my insulated plasterboard?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Iv just had my cavity pumped in my self build bungalow and was wonder should I fill in all the drilled holes before I put up my insulated plasterboard?

not only should you fill the holes, but you should apply a layer of sand and cement skim throughout....

otherwise you will have no air tightness layer

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mccarthy.087

sydthebeat wrote: »
    not only should you fill the holes, but you should apply a layer of sand and cement skim throughout....

otherwise you will have no air tightness layer

I forgot plasterer has that included in price. So Should i just 3/4 fill hole with expanding foam and let plasterer finish it off when he is skimming?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I forgot plasterer has that included in price. So Should i just 3/4 fill hole with expanding foam and let plasterer finish it off when he is skimming?

No. Let the plasterer completely fill with sand and cement.... Or you fill beforehand.

Expanded foam will deteriorate over time

Advertisement