If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony PS-LX300

Options
  • 28-11-2018 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭

Good boards price for this? Bought monitor audio speakers, arcam amp for myself and a speaker amp combo from you as a gift
    Recently

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Good boards price for this? Bought monitor audio speakers, arcam amp for myself and a speaker amp combo from you as a gift
    Recently
    Hey ActingDanClarke.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Unfortunately I would have no further price reduction on the Sony X300.
    Currently price at £79 with £6.99 shipping.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Recently
    Hey ActingDanClarke.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Unfortunately I would have no further price reduction on the Sony X300.
    Currently price at £79 with £6.99 shipping.

Let me know your thoughts.
    Thanks, at around this price would you recommend this or another turntable? It's a first turntable fir use in a bedroom

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ADC,

thanks for the posts - TBH there is nothing at the £79 price level in Turntables that we do that will match the PSLX300 - that price wont be around for long!

However if you can stretch the budget a little the Audio Technica LP60 is quite a bit better:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201634-audio-technica-lp60usb-usb-turntable-black.aspx

Just checking that you do know that the PSLX300 does also need an amp & speakers or active speakers as it is just a stand alone deck?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

ADC,

thanks for the posts - TBH there is nothing at the £79 price level in Turntables that we do that will match the PSLX300 - that price wont be around for long!

However if you can stretch the budget a little the Audio Technica LP60 is quite a bit better:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201634-audio-technica-lp60usb-usb-turntable-black.aspx

Just checking that you do know that the PSLX300 does also need an amp & speakers or active speakers as it is just a stand alone deck?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    That lp60 seems a better bet, it has a preamp, could she connect it to sonos 1? Would she need a DAC?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi ActingDanClark,

yes the LP60 does have a built in pre-amp no problem but unfortunately you cannot connect any external source to a Sonos One - it is purely a streaming speaker.

In terms of a DAC - I'm not sure why you would need a DAC :confused:- the LP60 will plug straight into any stereo or AV or receiver or of course you could use a pair of active speakers which is becoming really popular for Vinyl users..

Keep us posted,

ATVB

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi ActingDanClark,

yes the LP60 does have a built in pre-amp no problem but unfortunately you cannot connect any external source to a Sonos One - it is purely a streaming speaker.

In terms of a DAC - I'm not sure why you would need a DAC :confused:- the LP60 will plug straight into any stereo or AV or receiver or of course you could use a pair of active speakers which is becoming really popular for Vinyl users..

Keep us posted,

ATVB

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for the reply, they were two separate queries badly phrased! I was wondering would she need a DAC connecting to an amp; I suspect she'd be more impressed with this turntable over the sony

Hi ActingDanClark,

Keep us posted,

ATVB

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for the reply, they were two separate queries badly phrased! I was wondering would she need a DAC connecting to an amp; I suspect she'd be more impressed with this turntable over the sony
    Also what speakers would you recommend with the lp60

If I was to buy the project primary e, it needs a preamp yeah? What speakers ( budget but pleasant) would you put with it? All in price for project, preamp and active speakers?

If I was to buy the project primary e, it needs a preamp yeah? What speakers ( budget but pleasant) would you put with it? All in price for project, preamp and active speakers?
    Hi ActingDanClark,

If I were to recommend speakers I would go with the Monitor Audio Bronze 1s which are an incredible smaller version of the award winning Bronze 2s.

Unfortunately we are currently sold out of the Project Primary both in store and in the warehouse but if you're looking a good alternative I would look at the Audio Technica LP120. It's a bit more expensive at £199 but you wouldn't need a phono stage and it's a great direct drive turntable.

I could do an LP120 and a set of Bronze 1s for  £384 including shipping

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi ActingDanClark,

If I were to recommend speakers I would go with the Monitor Audio Bronze 1s which are an incredible smaller version of the award winning Bronze 2s.

Unfortunately we are currently sold out of the Project Primary both in store and in the warehouse but if you're looking a good alternative I would look at the Audio Technica LP120. It's a bit more expensive at £199 but you wouldn't need a phono stage and it's a great direct drive turntable.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks I've put it to her

• Advertisement

Hi ActingDanClark,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks I've put it to her
    No problem! Keep me posted!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.