Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Outer Worlds - Obsidian RPG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Getting killed pretty easy when I fight anything besides a basic maurader. What kind of load outa should I be looking at at level 6 on Edgewater?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭brevity

Great game, must say I'm really enjoying it.

Yea, I really like it too. I’m playing it on Normal which is too easy tbh but I’m out of practice when it comes to gaming and I don’t have much time to play.

I wouldn’t normally be one for dialogue but it’s really good in this, I’m enjoying the conversations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I'm going to restart on supernova, I'm finding it too easy.

Evade wrote: »
    I'm going to restart on supernova, I'm finding it too easy.

I'm not finding it too difficult on supernova, the main increase in difficulty comes from lack of saves and permadeath on companions. That can lend itself to being tedious at times if one dies on you and you need to reload or if you become crippled or concussed and have to go back to the ship and sleep to shift it then walk back to where you left off.

I have Ellie now and just need to unlock her tier 3 skill that recovers 25% health if you're fatally wounded. It's not clear if that applies to her or me though, one way to find out I guess.

I'm not finding it too difficult on supernova, the main increase in difficulty comes from lack of saves and permadeath on companions. That can lend itself to being tedious at times if one dies on you and you need to reload or if you become crippled or concussed and have to go back to the ship and sleep to shift it then walk back to where you left off.

I have Ellie now and just need to unlock her tier 3 skill that recovers 25% health if you're fatally wounded. It's not clear if that applies to her or me though, one way to find out I guess.
    I'm finding the combat about right in terms of difficulty. The only thing is the trekking to, well fast travel, and from the ship every day to sleep is a bit intrusive on the flow of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Homelander wrote: »
    Went to Monarch at level 10, easy to clear the main area around the landing pad but can't kill those Mantiqueens guarding the path through to the open section, bleh. Thought I might be able to build up XP killing high-level monsters there and walking to Stellar Bay overland.
    I managed to kill those two Mantiqueens but after that I pretty much just ran by everything else.

When does higher level gear start to appear? Getting very expensive now to upgrade what I have and would be cheaper I assume to upgrade a level 10 item. Only seeing level 8-9 stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

When does higher level gear start to appear? Getting very expensive now to upgrade what I have and would be cheaper I assume to upgrade a level 10 item. Only seeing level 8-9 stuff.

Update items closer to your level unless you have some unique item you want to keep. Imagine it'll get crazy expensive

Plasma Carbine ftw !!

KilOit wrote: »
    Update items closer to your level unless you have some unique item you want to keep. Imagine it'll get crazy expensive

I'm level 12 and still pulling level 8 or 9 stuff off enemies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I find higher level gear behind locked doors with the red markings. I just pick the lock and clear out the contents of the room.

Be warned, if someone is near you they will become suspect. A bribe usually should keep them quiet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Handy list of side quests here. I'm using this without looking at the details to make sure I've done them all before moving on.

http://www.gamersheroes.com/game-guides/the-outer-worlds-side-quest-guide/

That's every side quest in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Got this with a one for all voucher I got in work. Really enjoying it just after arriving into town. Playing on normal seems a tad too easy ? Would I be better off going for hard ?

Got this with a one for all voucher I got in work. Really enjoying it just after arriving into town. Playing on normal seems a tad too easy ? Would I be better off going for hard ?
    I'd put it on supernova and knock it down to hard if you're finding it too difficult.

That's every side quest in the game?

Definitely not, theres a few missing like Journey into Smoke in Roseway, you get that from Lillian who is stood outside one of the labs, almost blew her brain out as the area was crawling with enemies another situation where the only reason she got spared was I spotted that she was a named npc in time.

Definitely not, theres a few missing like Journey into Smoke in Roseway, you get that from Lillian who is stood outside one of the labs, almost blew her brain out as the area was crawling with enemies another situation where the only reason she got spared was I spotted that she was a named npc in time.

Doesn't include companion quests, that's a different list:
    http://www.gamersheroes.com/game-guides/the-outer-worlds-companion-side-quest-guide/

Is that the "fetch my lighter" task? Hardly a quest but yeah for the sake of completeness I would have thought it would all be in there. It's so small maybe it's included as a step\sub task in a quest rather than a quest itself? I'm not reading the details on them so can't really say.

Some of the dialogue choices genuinely made me laugh like when trying persuade someone to pony up more cash as a reward it was for "the orphans" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Where the fcuk did those cows come from?

Finished it just there very good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

From what I can tell, every 10~ level bracket will have the next version of whatever. So don't waste money on tinkering once it hits into the thousands -- might be worthwhile to go for the -90% cost skill level perk.

Scylla has an MK 2 Light Assault Rifle that does 500+ dps on pick up, v2 light pistols, etc. And the stranded NPC gives you a unique auto pistol that fires in bursts of 3 (Vermin revolver is still better though!).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

dreamers75 wrote: »

Jaysus.

How many hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

dreamers75 wrote: »

What?I thought this was a massive game? How many hours to complete? Did you just focus on main story and avoid all the side missions?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ZiabR wrote: »
    What?I thought this was a massive game? How many hours to complete? Did you just focus on main story and avoid all the side missions?

How Long to Beat has the campaign at only 12 hours or so, 30 hours for "completionist" runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How Long to Beat has the campaign at only 12 hours or so, 30 hours for "completionist" runs.

Cheers, for some reason I thought it was going to be a 75 - 90 hour game.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tspoon

Still work-in-progress - but here are some interactive maps: https://mapgenie.io/the-outer-worlds

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I managed to put in a good 10 hours or so over the weekend, and have been clearing out as much as possible in each area as I go. Its after sucking me in now, and I'll definitely see it out to the finish,

One or two gripes Id have.

The Workbenches - Maybe I just cant see it, but there seems to be no way of knowing if you're tinkering etc with a piece of gear that you have equipped, I end up backing all the way out, looking at my character, and then heading back in while trying to remember its name. this is a pain when you have more than 1 of a particular item.
    Also, some of the upgrading stuff is poorly explained, I didn't realise you could increase the level of guns and armour at the workbench by spending a few bits per level.
    Companion special ability - hard to actually discern what these do at first glance, beyond a bit of slow-mo and a fancy animation.

Also - I dont know how anyone could deal with permadeath of a companion on supernova difficulty, my cabbages are constantly going down.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

noodler wrote: »
    Jaysus.

How many hours?

About 20ish hours did as many sides as I could, probably a few in Byzantium I didnt get. Got all the science weapons,
    completed all companion quests altho some vary in lenght, Parvotis takes a while whilst Ellie and Felix/Nyoko not so much. For some reason I never got Vicar and dont think Sam has a quest line?

The last fight is painful,
    dont see a way to avoid it if you failed the dialoue option, some people gonna be annoyed at that.

I managed to put in a good 10 hours or so over the weekend, and have been clearing out as much as possible in each area as I go. Its after sucking me in now, and I'll definitely see it out to the finish,

One or two gripes Id have.

The Workbenches - Maybe I just cant see it, but there seems to be no way of knowing if you're tinkering etc with a piece of gear that you have equipped, I end up backing all the way out, looking at my character, and then heading back in while trying to remember its name. this is a pain when you have more than 1 of a particular item.
    Also, some of the upgrading stuff is poorly explained, I didn't realise you could increase the level of guns and armour at the workbench by spending a few bits per level.
    Companion special ability - hard to actually discern what these do at first glance, beyond a bit of slow-mo and a fancy animation.

Also - I dont know how anyone could deal with permadeath of a companion on supernova difficulty, my cabbages are constantly going down.

The equipped gear is in the first 4 slots when you tinker, and has a gold/yellow border. Maybe you changed the default filtering?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The equipped gear is in the first 4 slots when you tinker, and has a gold/yellow border. Maybe you changed the default filtering?

Cheers, I'll check that later - what about your party members gear?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It doesn't show up in your inventory at a workbench from what i can tell.

Edit: Nevermind, Enfilade is right....

• Advertisement

Those are next in line with a grey outline

Advertisement