Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Outer Worlds - Obsidian RPG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Cheers, I'll check that later - what about your party members gear?

Gold borders for you, silver for companions.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Gold borders for you, silver for companions.

Thanks, I was doing the same as some deaf, don't know how I missed that.

I think I'm going to have to re-spec, its great that it let's you do that. I put a load into dialogue early on and have been neglecting it thinking I had plenty. Now everything after the ground breaker is beyond my level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

So I just got killed on Scylla by a primal with a name, it was Col. something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I just love roaming around in the bright and colourful world.

Evade wrote: »
    So I just got killed on Scylla by a primal with a name, it was Col. something.

Butterscotch, Col. Butterscotch :D

• Advertisement

Graphics on Monarch looked really off to me on Xbox Game Pass version. This tweak has made a huge improvement:

https://errorfixer.co/fix-the-outer-worlds-game-looks-blurry-disable-taa-dof/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I just love roaming around in the bright and colourful world.

Play No Man's Sky -- that game is really colourful ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Is this worth picking up? I really live New Vegas

Is this worth picking up? I really live New Vegas

It is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

It is.

Sold, thank you

• Advertisement

Ok this dude Sandjar Nandi's beard shows I've definitely got a settings problem or is it like this for everyone?

K6rJbRE

Erm image not showing: https://imgur.com/a/K6rJbRE

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Started playing this today, didn't know what to expect but must say I am really enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ok this dude Sandjar Nandi's beard shows I've definitely got a settings problem or is it like this for everyone?

K6rJbRE

Erm image not showing: https://imgur.com/a/K6rJbRE

Nope I dont get that.

Ran fine for me in 4k (nvidia)

Did anybody have botched quests?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Yeah the grave fees one? Don't know why though did everything alright and got the extra money.

Loving the game so far, the inventory screen with the character is giving me nostalgia for KOTOR. I feel old haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ran into a room swinging my plasma sword, I assumed was filled with outlaws, it was not. Failed a quest over it.

I see a speed runner beat it in 30 minutes without glitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

I came running around the corner with my hammer of doom over my head waiting to lash two guards with it last night and next thing one of them started talking to me, so I acted all normal like and started chatting away about how I wasn't up to no good :D Five minutes later, my buddies open fire on them and I end up slaughtering them anyway. Guess I must have hit a command on the D Pad or something. Didn't botch the quest over it though.

Some hilarious dialogue options in it. Genuinely sucked into it now. I've a nice bit played but still only on Monarch cos the side quests are just too good to pass up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Still on Monarch as well. There's so much to do there, best area so far by a mile. I've spent 5 hours and still haven't even started the main quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Homelander wrote: »
    Still on Monarch as well. There's so much to do there, best area so far by a mile. I've spent 5 hours and still haven't even started the main quest.

I've the main quest finished since Monday but I'm still hanging around. Usually once main quest is done I'm out of an area but I'm having the craic here acting the maggot on some quests and getting people to play nice on others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Homelander wrote: »

those mantiqueens are tough though,. Especially the mega mantiqueen. And Tbh i really don't need the mercs help for the marauders, much easier to deal with them than it is to deal with the mega mantiqueen. 5/6 save and reloads to beat that fight.

That is partly because it was only at that point that I finally realised companions had special moves that could be deployed in combat and that made a big difference. If that hadn't worked i probably would have fast travelled back to ship to pick up a science weapon, like the shrink ray or something. I have a few science weapons but not equipped any of them yet.

Other Mantiqueens i have sneaked to a high point/cliff and sniped them from a distance. Similarly with the marauders on devil's peak - I sniped them from a distance and went out of combat before any of them could get in range of me. Which is cheesy but effective.

On that note - which is the best sniper weapon? I am using a deadeye assault rifle that I stole from a vendor on the gargantua (is that the name?) modded and tinkered. swapping to a light pistol or a plasma carbine when mobs close on me. Haven't used any melee weapons really.

• Advertisement

Does anyone else find the inventory UI really bad? On console, at least, the info on what you have highlighted is docked to the right of that item so unless the thing you've highlighted is on the edge of the grid a lot of the grid is obscured.

Yeah thats annoying for sure.

XP really does coming rolling in on Monarch, took the perks that let me carry more so making decent money here too.

Yeah thats annoying for sure.

XP really does coming rolling in on Monarch, took the perks that let me carry more so making decent money here too.
    It wasn't as bad before I needed to check every vending machine for water or juice.

Something I didn't spot the first time I was there is you can call your ship to Fallbrook.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Something I didn't spot the first time I was there is you can call your ship to Fallbrook.

You can call it to any landing pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

I'm glad I took someone's advice of playing on hard. Even now at level 20 it's starting to get a little too easy, killing mega mantiqueens with ease, both companions have 1,000dps weapons and high level armour and shred enemies. Marauders might as well be made out of paper. Fallout had the same problem.

Just came across my first few mkII weapons, is there a mkIII?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Evade wrote: »
    Just came across my first few mkII weapons, is there a mkIII?

There are "ultra"s, which according to the flavour text are the stronges of that weapon type, but not sure of new types superceding those in turn - I am still on monarch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I found shock weapons worked best against the mantiqueens so I converted a hunting rifle ultra and bolt pistol mk2 to shock and things got a lot easier. I have an awful habit of not listening to my companions. They had been saying over and over that the plasma didn't work very well against them.

Bit of trivia - Parvati is played by the same voice actor that plays Tiny Tina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Fian wrote: »
    There are "ultra"s, which according to the flavour text are the stronges of that weapon type, but not sure of new types superceding those in turn - I am still on monarch.

Ultras were the highest level non exotic weapons I've seen and that's after finishing the game.

Advertisement