Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Outer Worlds - Obsidian RPG

Options

Comments

Anyone else feel really ****ty for killing the guy
    under the bridge in Cascadia
    after reading the terminal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Different companions bring out different conversations, worth mixing it up as much as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I love the vicars line when you use his special.

Vicar? So I guess I would I find him in a house of prayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Vicar? So I guess I would I find him in a house of prayer?

hes in edgewater, one of the first companions I met.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

just finished it now, that was a really enjoyable rpg.

Few gripes didnt really like any of the companions they were all fairly boring to me. The armor and weapons was a bit lacking in variety. Was a great dialog system in it tho i have to say.

spoilerish questions
    I was only able to go to like half if even that of the planets on the space map, do different choices lead you to the other planets? or are they just there to mislead you into thinking the games going to be bigger than it really is, i did terra, monarch ground breaker, sycillia and two space stations then the final prison planet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Anyway for your crew to not wear armour in the spaceship without having to take it off them each time? Looks a bit silly.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Venom wrote: »
    Getting your leadership up to level 20 is probley the best use of skill points in the game, as those companions attack abilities are crazy overpowered.

I levelled it up just there, you're not wrong. Companions gone from being useless to unstoppable in a matter of seconds :pac:

Lone Stone wrote: »

Few gripes didnt really like any of the companions they were all fairly boring to me. The armor and weapons was a bit lacking in variety. Was a great dialog system in it tho i have to say.

spoilerish questions
    I was only able to go to like half if even that of the planets on the space map, do different choices lead you to the other planets? or are they just there to mislead you into thinking the games going to be bigger than it really is, i did terra, monarch ground breaker, sycillia and two space stations then the final prison planet

I reckon
    the other 2 will be DLC paid or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

spoilerish questions

I don't think so sadly.

Anyway for your crew to not wear armour in the spaceship without having to take it off them each time? Looks a bit silly.

You can turn off helmets showing on companions in settings but not full armor.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I levelled it up just there, you're not wrong. Companions gone from being useless to unstoppable in a matter of seconds :pac:

Set companion attacks to ranged and stick some LMG's on them along with heavy armor and they turn into dps monsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Finished the game already? Is it not a massive sandbox world/s with lots of explore like the Fallout games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Finished the game already? Is it not a massive sandbox world/s with lots of explore like the Fallout games?

It has about a 30 hour campaign

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Nothing like as big as fallout is my impression so far, though there are locations I haven't visited yet. Open world to explore but mostly filled with empty space/wildlife, outside of villages and set piece "dungeons" (factories/hideouts/ruins).

Fallout NV wasn't huge either I guess. comparable size probably.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Only fallout game I've played was Fallout 3 and it was a chore compared to this, enjoying it way more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

It has about a 30 hour campaign

I'm about 18 hours in now and don't feel like I'm making a huge dent in the main story. Just arrived in Byzanthium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

skerry wrote: »
    I'm about 18 hours in now and don't feel like I'm making a huge dent in the main story. Just arrived in Byzanthium.

I found there's not as much to do there as Monarch. Once I got to Byzanthium it started wrapping up much quicker. I'm about 23 hours in and only thing left to do is go to Tartarus, which there is no coming back from.

your nearly there, i felt it was a bit of a rushed ending. i did all the side quests and stuff think it was about 24-30 hours of gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Homelander wrote: »
    I found there's not as much to do there as Monarch. Once I got to Byzanthium it started wrapping up much quicker. I'm about 23 hours in and only thing left to do is go to Tartarus, which there is no coming back from.

I felt like I spent ages in Monarch but I think I did most if not all the side quests. Had to switch it off when I touched down in Byzanthium last night or I would have got sucked in for another few hours. Looking forward to getting stuck in tonight now. Think I'm level 20 now and only short another perk point to unlock the second 50% boost to science weapon damage, its smashy smashy time then.

brevity wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/theouterworlds/comments/dmq2fj/pc_disable_that_pesky_taa_and_dof/

Disable TAA and DOF for PC

Some other settings too. It can affect how the game looks and performs.

Also, setting screen effects to medium apparently turns off the chromatic aberration which can cause problems...

Brilliant, thank you. This fixed my weird beard glitch. I've also just put everything up to Ultra with no noticeable problems.

This is what I'm using:

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
    r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1
    r.VolumetricFog.GridSizeZ=64

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Is there going to be DLC etc for this, I feel like most of you have finished it already. It could be a quick buy, complete and trade or maybe wait until it drops in price and pick it up then.

What do you feel it is like in terms of replaying it?

• Advertisement

Is there going to be DLC etc for this, I feel like most of you have finished it already. It could be a quick buy, complete and trade or maybe wait until it drops in price and pick it up then.

I will replay it to try out a 100% speech build, i think there will be DLC. There is some obvious options to continue the plot.

Would pay €30 for this game, well worth it.

PC so I dont have the option to trade in.

Haven't heard of any plans for DLC. As for a quick buy, unless your PS4 based you can get this on PC and Xbox via the game pass for less than the price of a coffee.

There is some replayability options in the game, due to the nature of various quest lines and how you build your character but its very minor imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

people are speed completing it in 20-25 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w91hvCGm-fU

Damn just noticed I have a botched quest because I sold a scientist research instead of returning it to him. I thought you had the option to take different paths, didn't think it would count as a botched quest.

Damn just noticed I have a botched quest because I sold a scientist research instead of returning it to him. I thought you had the option to take different paths, didn't think it would count as a botched quest.

Yeah that happened to me as well as I was under the same impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anybody else think that the music that plays when you level up is the same as the music tha played in The Hunger Games when someone got killed...:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Threw it on for a quick taste. I only got to my ship and met Ada....i love this game already :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I been up since 7am playing this and theirs no sign of me stopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I have a gun called the Euthanasia Kit :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

your nearly there, i felt it was a bit of a rushed ending. i did all the side quests and stuff think it was about 24-30 hours of gameplay.

Just got to Byzanthium myself,
    I had the option to buy either a nav key or you're man badge,
    surely you get to go to other planets as well?

Advertisement