Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Outer Worlds - Obsidian RPG

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dreamers75 wrote: »
    37gb on XGP for preload.

I knew that €6 would be worth it :D

I pre loaded as well on xbox but it was only 17 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I pre loaded as well on xbox but it was only 17 ?

PC XGP for me they dont compress shizz for us.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dreamers75 wrote: »
    PC XGP for me they dont compress shizz for us.

I don't know why I read that and thought you got it on xbox.......

Forget I said anything

giphy.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Mine on Xbox was same size as PC as I preloaded on both.

Anyone know if this has cross save on game pass?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone know if this has cross save on game pass?

It doesn't as far as I know.

• Anyone try the region swap?
    Going to test it now in the next few minutes.

I will try play it on both,.melee for Xbox and gun build on PC.

• Anyone try the region swap?
    Going to test it now in the next few minutes.

I can confirm this works

Starting now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭brevity

What did you do? VPN?

I have it downloading...

• Advertisement

• brevity wrote: »
    What did you do? VPN?

I have it downloading...

I'm on Xbox One X

Changed the region and location to New Zealand

Haven't tested on PC yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

tried it on pc earlier and it set the new Zealand unlock to 12.00 which is midnight gmt

I'm on Xbox One X

Changed the region and location to New Zealand

Haven't tested on PC yet

Whats it like?

How do I play this on PC...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

How do I play this on PC...

Game Pass for PC. It's worth it as there is quite a few games also on there you can play for kinda free, small fee and your all set.

Or just buy it like any other game. Up to you.

The game looks amazing on a big screen TV, i have played for 30 minutes or so and really loving the setting and vibe from it. The opening bit with
    the ships captain getting crushed and the ship seemingly going through many captains in the past made me laugh.

• Calhoun wrote: »
    The game looks amazing on a big screen TV, i have played for 30 minutes or so and really loving the setting and vibe from it. The opening bit with
    the ships captain getting crushed and the ship seemingly going through many captains in the past made me laugh.

Some of the Dialog is really well written.
    Wait until you go into the ship and talk to the AI :pac:

• Calhoun wrote: »
    Whats it like?

Only got about an hour in.

First impressions;

It's a Gorgeous game, aesthetically.
    Runs really well with no bugs/glitches so far (LOL Todd)
    It's a solid shooter, weapons so far feel punchy and have good meat to them
    Again some of the Dialog has been great, the few characters I have met seem really fleshed out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've only been partially keeping tabs on this as I see it in the same vein as Fallout. Even the good Fallouts didn't hold my attention long for whatever reason. I thought I saw somewhere that the gunplay wasn't great and certainly saw that there's very little action early on (first ten hours?).
    While it's getting quite positive reviews it's not really on my radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Only got about an hour in.

First impressions;

It's a Gorgeous game, aesthetically.
    Runs really well with no bugs/glitches so far (LOL Todd)
    It's a solid shooter, weapons so far feel punchy and have good meat to them
    Again some of the Dialog has been great, the few characters I have met seem really fleshed out

I'm playing on pc (gtx 1070gpu)- had to turn off unlimited framerate because my gpu's fans were going into orbit running it. dropped limit to 60fps and had no probs.

looks and plays better than the demo videos, even the title screen is amazing, music is class too.

the levelling system is great but the menu is a bit buggy, you've to double tap 'E' to confirm your skills and perks when you level.. could've been tiredness or just not explained well though.

So far this is worth the fullwhack price.

• Advertisement

• I plan on playing on PC this weekend when I get the chance. Love the cross-play feature with Xbox & PC

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I plan on playing on PC this weekend when I get the chance. Love the cross-play feature with Xbox & PC

It doesn't have cross saves as far as i know unfortunately.

I plan on playing on PC this weekend when I get the chance. Love the cross-play feature with Xbox & PC

Ah so it does have cross save? Have you actually tried this? I ask because most games on game pass do not share your save position between pc and xbox. This would be fantastic if it does as I definitely would play on both.

I hate having to choose whether to play on pc or xbox. Sometimes eve changing my mind and having to start from scratch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ah so it does have cross save? Have you actually tried this? I ask because most games on game pass do not share your save position between pc and xbox. This would be fantastic if it does as I definitely would play on both.

I hate having to choose whether to play on pc or xbox. Sometimes eve changing my mind and having to start from scratch again.

Folks on Reddit saying no cross save.

https://www.reddit.com/r/theouterworlds/comments/dct4cl/xbox_onewindows_10_cross_save/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Edit: yep Play Anywhere isn't mentioned.

Yeah it would say "Play Anywhere" on the Xbox App if it did, like it does under gears. It is a shame as it's nice to be able to hop between the two but I'll probably have to go PC for this when I can only choose one.

Checked stock in Argos - available Monday.

Checked Smyths, not a dicky bird.

Jesus H... this is what happens when Game leave and Gamestop become uncompetitive.

A new game is released and I cant even get it until Monday :/

Edit: Gamestop are charging e60 which beats their usual e70 which I'd rather wait than paying.
    May buy it there so as its only e5 extra.

• Mickeroo wrote: »
    It doesn't have cross saves as far as i know unfortunately.

Really? Ah balls :(

It worked with Gears 5

It has a separate achievement list too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Checked stock in Argos - available Monday.

Checked Smyths, not a dicky bird.

Jesus H... this is what happens when Game leave and Gamestop become uncompetitive.

A new game is released and I cant even get it until Monday :/

Edit: Gamestop are charging e60 which beats their usual e70 which I'd rather wait than paying.
    May buy it there so as its only e5 extra.

You on Xbox? Why not get Game Pass? There's 6 months Ultimate available on Amazon for £33 at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement