Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Outer Worlds - Obsidian RPG

Options

Comments

skerry wrote: »
    Anyone else finding the shooting a bit off on this. Was taking cover there and shooting a dude in the head and shots just weren't registering. Enjoying it so far other than that but only about an hour in.
    There was a pop up saying each enemy has a weak spot. I'm pretty sure don't shoot the marauders in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

There was a pop up saying each enemy has a weak spot. I'm pretty sure don't shoot the marauders in the head.

Damn my pin point accurate head shots, it's both a blessing and a curse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭brevity

Bah! I’m headshotting all day wondering why the bastards don’t go down quicker

Did anyone start it on supernova difficulty? Looks like hardcore from New Vegas but not sure I like only being able to save and fast travel from the ship :confused:

I'll give it a go I guess and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Played about 5 hours on Xbox today.

It's alight. Nothing special.

• Advertisement

I'm enjoying it but finding the color scheme a bit, I dunno, intense? Maybe it's my graphics. I'm so out of the loop with PC Gaming I don't even know if what I'm experiencing is what I should be expecting.

I'm still in Edgewater, plodding around getting to grips with things. Will try to get the ship going soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I like it. Its like a dumbed down version of New Vegas. But Space New Vegas, with a ship.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

I like it. Its like a dumbed down version of New Vegas. But Space New Vegas, with a ship.

Its very New Vegasy alright. That was my first impression as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Its a cross between New Vegas & Firefly. Thats the best way I can describe it.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I know the voiced actors in Fallout 4 were very annoying but it is slightly jarring nowadays to have a silent protagonist.

• Advertisement

Looks like I'll be torrenting this

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm not judging but...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Great, thanks for sharing that you've no interest in supporting the developers of a great single player game? It's literally one euro for a month of GamePass right now FFS.

I've put in a few hours. First reactions are extremely positive. No real bugs, looks good, dialogue is great and shooting/combat is solid. Not sure if just me but I found the default FOV was horrible on PC, I've set it much higher and the game feels way more natural now.

I like how it's feeling like a more linear and focused New Vegas but still with plenty dialogue options and side quests to do without having to commit to a major 100/200/300 hour sink. It kinda feels like a way better version of the first Rage game to me, or like Bioshock and Fallout met in the middle. Anyway it's really good. I can't believe it's only costing me a single euro through GamePass, bargain of the year. Can't wait to put in a solid few hours later this evening when I'm free.

Yea I got a bioshock vibe from it too.

How do you change the fov on PC?

Started on permadeath and toured edge water took on sides and a companion. Biggest problem so far is the permadeath for the companions. Need to level up before getting into any serious combat as she was death as soon as we encountered our first battle. You can kind of game the auto save a bit but entering a transition door to trigger one but the first time my companion died I lost over an hour of play.

Homelander wrote: »
    Great, thanks for sharing that you've no interest in supporting the developers of a great single player game? It's literally one euro for a month of GamePass right now FFS.

I've put in a few hours. First reactions are extremely positive. No real bugs, looks good, dialogue is great and shooting/combat is solid. Not sure if just me but I found the default FOV was horrible on PC, I've set it much higher and the game feels way more natural now.

I like how it's feeling like a more linear and focused New Vegas but still with plenty dialogue options and side quests to do without having to commit to a major 100/200/300 hour sink. It kinda feels like a way better version of the first Rage game to me, or like Bioshock and Fallout met in the middle. Anyway it's really good. I can't believe it's only costing me a single euro through GamePass, bargain of the year. Can't wait to put in a solid few hours later this evening when I'm free.

I've paid for it. Their xbox app is so **** that I can't download it. I was moaning about it earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

brevity wrote: »
    Yea I got a bioshock vibe from it too.

How do you change the fov on PC?

Theres a slider, its under gameplay I think, not graphics.. Ive moved to about 100 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Glebee wrote: »
    Theres a slider, its under gameplay I think, not graphics.. Ive moved to about 100 I think.

Thanks. I’ve changed it to 90ish. Seems ok...

I've paid for it. Their xbox app is so **** that I can't download it. I was moaning about it earlier in the thread.

I bought it in the windows market/store thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Glebee wrote: »

Yes I think it was around 100 I moved to as well, can't remember now but the default was too low for me, almost made me feel nauseous when playing. After bumping it up it feels far more natural.

No issues here with Xbox Beta either since I installed it. I tried it on my work PC and laptop just now and both also work fine as well. Sadly but thankfully neither can run Outer Worlds or else I'd be tempted to play half the day.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You on Xbox? Why not get Game Pass? There's 6 months Ultimate available on Amazon for £33 at the moment.

Thankfully after posting that I navigated back a page and saw it was in Gamepass.

I'd have been disgusted if I bought it and realised it was already available to me for free as I have gamepass.

Haven't had the chance to start it yet but will give it a go in a while :)

About 8 hours in now and definitely enjoying myself so far. Loads of side quests, just hoping I don't do my usual thing of burning out on them though.

Picking up hapes of loot but not spending too much time figuring out what it does, just equipping best armour and guns. Liking that is has a button for auto selling junk though cos I never know what to keep and what to sell in these games.

Great attention to detail too. I lied to an NPC about knowing someone and when I went back to them again and accidentally mentioned the same person she pulled me on lying to her earlier.

PS: Game Pass is awesome

Go to the microsoft store and check your download queue. Some other app will be blocking the queue or awaiting a reboot. Cancel everything except the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Yah I don't use the Xbox app as it's ****e I had been using the Microsoft store partly because that's where I thought you get it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

skerry wrote: »
    About 8 hours in now and definitely enjoying myself so far. Loads of side quests, just hoping I don't do my usual thing of burning out on them though.

Picking up hapes of loot but not spending too much time figuring out what it does, just equipping best armour and guns. Liking that is has a button for auto selling junk though cos I never know what to keep and what to sell in these games.

Great attention to detail too. I lied to an NPC about knowing someone and when I went back to them again and accidentally mentioned the same person she pulled me on lying to her earlier.

PS: Game Pass is awesome

How is the quality of side quest?

How is the quality of side quest?

Pretty good so far. Most of the ones I've done are offshoots from the main quest and they seem to pop up fairly organically without the usual random NPC just asking you to 'go there and get 10 of those things for no apparent reason'.

Handy list of side quests here. I'm using this without looking at the details to make sure I've done them all before moving on.

http://www.gamersheroes.com/game-guides/the-outer-worlds-side-quest-guide/

Took me ages to think to holster my gun , just an aesthetic thing for me no one mind you pointing at them it seems :D

You hold X on the Xbox controller or square on PS4

• Advertisement
Advertisement