Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone SE gone crazy since I upgraded to iOS 12. Please help

Options
  • 29-11-2018 2:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Upgraded to 12 last week after reading great reports that the SE could handle it. Well f*ck me lads, its gone bananas in a few annoying ways and I need to fix ASAP!

All of these are with wired headphones

1) I listen to TunedIn a lot and it wont lock/fade to black once I put it in my pocket. The play button comes back up and TunedIn keeps going on and off

2) now with phonecalls - the exact same thing is happening. This happened 3 times today on business calls and I can't have this happening. The screen wont lock which means the red Off icon is hit in my pocket. If I remember right, when it did lock it still turned the call off

3) That f*cking U2 album automatically plays! It was doing this a bit before on previous iOS updates. It's doing it a lot more now.

Please send some advice as the phone is useless now till I sort this.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Have you tried different head phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 QuickEmail

beauf wrote: »
    Have you tried different head phones?

Hi. No, they are the official iPhone headphones I used previously before switching to iOS were working fine till now. They should've been ok with 12

I've no other ones to try as an alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Firstly iOS 12 definitely works with the SE and has been certifeid by Apple.

I think you may have just one fault which does not mean the whole of iOS is not working.

Maybe check Settings- Display & Brightness and check the auto lock settings. Maybe it's set to never?

Also try a forced restart.
    Press and hold the Power/Sleep/Wake button and Home button together at the same time.
    Keep both buttons held down for 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

I find it a good idea to do that every now and then and definitely after an iOS upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Sound like Raise to wake issue under display and brightness setting, turn that off and see.

deep1 wrote: »
    Sound like Raise to wake issue under display and brightness setting, turn that off and see.

Cheers. Did that

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Firstly iOS 12 definitely works with the SE and has been certifeid by Apple.

I think you may have just one fault which does not mean the whole of iOS is not working.

Maybe check Settings- Display & Brightness and check the auto lock settings. Maybe it's set to never?

Also try a forced restart.
    Press and hold the Power/Sleep/Wake button and Home button together at the same time.
    Keep both buttons held down for 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

I find it a good idea to do that every now and then and definitely after an iOS upgrade.

Cheers did all that and no change.

What's happened now is the iPhone headphones have started just working in one ear. I've switched to over ear headphones I use just at home at it seems to be ok again in both ears.

Would faulty headphones trigger craziness like I've mentioned?

Since switching to iOS 12 the TunedIn app and other music apps seem to make the play button icon appear when the phone is locked, whereas it wasn't there before I updated it.

I can't see an option in TunedIn to stop this.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

QuickEmail wrote: »
    Cheers did all that and no change.

Would faulty headphones trigger craziness like I've mentioned?

Yes 100% that can happen. Also take a pin and see is there are dirt or grit in the headphone jack socket in the phone.

If not. do a full restore of iOS.

Advertisement