Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carriage cost to own store

Options
  • 29-11-2018 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Hi. Went to purchase a mirror last Sunday and after seeing one on display we enquired about purchasing. We were told it would have to be ordered because could not give the one on display. When paying I was charged and extra 4 euro for delivery to there store.i know it's only 4 euro but is this normal charging delivery to their own shops onto customers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its not normal but it's not illegal. Special order items I could understand it more, stock items it really seems unjustified but if they decide to run their business that way there's no way to stop them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Thanks. That's what I was wondering if it was legal to display a price and charge another one. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think you’re mixing up display prices, which have to be clear, with an additional cost for delivery.

Charging for delivery between stores isn’t common, but as long as they explain it clearly to you and you accept it, there’s nothing wrong about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Was this in a place in Fonthill?

Wheety wrote: »
    Was this in a place in Fonthill?

No it was a big name store in northern ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

No it was a big name store in northern ireland.

Sorry, hadn't really got much to add, just I was in a furniture store on Sunday and I overheard a couple asking if they could buy the mirror from the display and they were told they'd have to order it in.

Thought it might be a funny coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stinkbomb

I wouldn't pay any company deliver stock from their warehouse to their store so I could have the privilege of buying it from them! Doesn't matter how much it is, that is their business cost, not mine.

Totally agree with you there. But when youv been dragged through countless shops and there is no more of last Christmas you can take and then she says there is a few more shops she would like to try. I gladly paid it for my insanity. Still think it's a joke though.

Advertisement