Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin Jan/Feb

• 29-11-2018 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Moving home from the UK early next year. I'm from Belfast, my partner is a Dub. I've been using the below sites to keep tabs on the market (which is crazy, prices higher than here in London and not much popping up in the market, potentially the wrong type of year though).

daft.ie
    rent.ie
    myhome.ie

Is there anywhere else I can be looking? In London private landlord advertise on Gumtree.

Also, we own our own house over here, and I think I might need landlord references, how would that work? Can I just get a landlord from 3 years ago to do one?

Cheers,

Fitz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭dennyk

Those are really the big ones, I'd say. Might be able to find the odd Facebook group or something with listings, but generally what's on the market is going to be listed on one of those sites (and likely it'll already be rented out in the time it takes your browser to render the page...). You can check with some estate agents as well, as sometimes they'll know of a place coming up that hasn't been listed publicly yet, but don't expect them to go out of their way for you or contact you about such deals; they have a million prospective tenants for every listing so they aren't really bothered.

You can likely do without landlord refs if you've owned a place and can show you've been paying your mortgage on time, though if you were able to get something from your landlord of three years ago, it couldn't hurt. Work references from a steady full-time job will help as well. (Also consider obtaining proof that you are deathly allergic to all forms of animal life, children, drinking, smoking, smelly food, loud noises, parties, friends, overnight guests, interior decorating, wearing shoes in the house, and ringing landlords to fix things... :pac: )

Advertisement