Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

temporary clerical officer 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GrahamGeraghty

Anyone been called for Galway yet?
    If so, which department/state agency?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Funkey_lover19

Anyone hear any updates on the Cork JS1 Panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Edworld

Anyone know if they have moved on to JS2 in Dublin yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭TomConroy444

Edworld wrote: »
    Anyone know if they have moved on to JS2 in Dublin yet?

Someone said a few days ago there was only 20 or 30 left in JS1. What number are you in JS2?

If anyone was looking to email I’ve been getting responses from TCOclearance@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭cvb03

I am in the 70s on the JS1 Dublin panel and still waiting to hear something. Is anyone else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rachaelworld

cvb03 wrote: »
    I am in the 70s on the JS1 Dublin panel and still waiting to hear something. Is anyone else ?
    :mad: It is crazy that you still haven't heard and you're only number 70, I'm really starting to lose hope now. Why did they even do the panel if they weren't going to need people? I mean surely they have a few months advance notice of requirements?!

:mad: It is crazy that you still haven't heard and you're only number 70, I'm really starting to lose hope now. Why did they even do the panel if they weren't going to need people? I mean surely they have a few months advance notice of requirements?!

I know, its extremely frustrating. They should communicate better with people especially people going back to college. We could have looked for other jobs. It's so ridiculous. Wouldn't be waiting this long for a job in the private sector. We would have known by now, considering the interviews were so long ago.

I'm on the student panel for Dublin JS1. Just got offered a position from July to October. Explained I was on the summer panel as I am returning to college in September. Really frustrating to finally get a call and it's for a position that I can't even take. How could they have it got it mixed up that I wasn't on the summer panel? Seems like the whole system is a bit of a mess.

yupder wrote: »
    I'm on the student panel for Dublin JS1. Just got offered a position from July to October. Explained I was on the summer panel as I am returning to college in September. Really frustrating to finally get a call and it's for a position that I can't even take. How could they have it got it mixed up that I wasn't on the summer panel? Seems like the whole system is a bit of a mess.

Can they not amend your contract. Last year I was offered a 6 month contract and I told them I cant take it as I am summer only and they amended it for me. What number were you on the Dublin panel ?

• Advertisement

Can they not amend your contract. Last year I was offered a 6 month contract and I told them I cant take it as I am summer only and they amended it for me. What number were you on the Dublin panel ?

Oh and also when did they want you to start ? Thank you.

I'm 160s oom, they wanted me to start end of July to mid-October. She just said that was the only contract they had.

yupder wrote: »

I'm 160s oom, they wanted me to start end of July to mid-October. She just said that was the only contract they had.

Wow that’s actually incredible. They really just seem to be on a mission to roast people. You should just take it and leave when college comes back

Still no movement in JS1 Batch Galway past OOM 5?
    Am OOM 8 myself and not a word.

I stand to be corrected?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

Agree with the sentiments re the slow process. Oom in mid 20s for Waterford summer panel, still waiting on an interview!

Wow that’s actually incredible. They really just seem to be on a mission to roast people. You should just take it and leave when college comes back

I should have specificed that it was a woman from the actual department that I would have been going to, who called, so not the Public Jobs people. So I imagine her hands were tied in that regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Agree with the sentiments re the slow process. Oom in mid 20s for Waterford summer panel, still waiting on an interview!

Were you called in the recent batch?.

The summer only people have gotten a bad hand with the dealing this year. Someone I know is going to interview the 3rd week of July but may not be able to take up a contract because they are going back to college in september

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

Were you called in the recent batch?.

The summer only people have gotten a bad hand with the dealing this year. Someone I know is going to interview the 3rd week of July but may not be able to take up a contract because they are going back to college in september
    No, still haven't heard anything since January. I'm in the same boat as the person you know, as I'm also back to college in early-ish September, and I'm doubtful I could accept it as this stage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If the start date is too late that's one thing, but don't worry about the end date for contracts. It's a temp job. They are used to people leaving before the end of their contract.

• Advertisement

Any updates on cork JS1 Panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Any updates on cork JS1 Panel?

My brother was number 7, starting on Monday in DSP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭applejunkie

Anyone know if they have moved on to JS2 in Dublin yet ?

So PAS emailed me to say my assignment was passed over to a department yesterday on the 5th July.... how long would it usually take to get a call?

So PAS emailed me to say my assignment was passed over to a department yesterday on the 5th July.... how long would it usually take to get a call?

I would say that the Department will contact you pretty quickly re your assignment. Can I ask were you all year round or summer only and was it the Dublin or regional panel ? Congrats too btw

15 JS1 for cork :) summer. Thanks!
    I would say that the Department will contact you pretty quickly re your assignment. Can I ask were you all year round or summer only and was it the Dublin or regional panel ? Congrats too btw

• Advertisement

Anyone know if they have moved on to JS2 in Dublin yet ?

What number are you in JS2?

What number are you in JS2?

My son is in the 40s

So I received an email reply on Friday to my query to clarify, basically as far as the PAS panel is concerned they assign each OOM to a department and then it is up to the department to get in touch with us and they have 3 weeks to offer us a job, but the impression I got is that there isn't necessarily a job there to be filled which just seems nuts but anyway. So apparently I have been assigned a department and I am in the mid 120s of JS1 in Dublin, but they didn't give me a date as to when that happened so I can't tell how much longer I may have to wait to hear from the department.

@cvb03 you said you had already been assigned a department and I would assume that was a couple of weeks ago now given you are around OOM 70 IIRC? So hopefully they should come back to you this week but my anxiety is that there are no jobs to be filled and they're just going through the motions, ie what happens to us if the department doesn't offer us a position, do we get put back into the panel or what?

So far this seems like a really inefficient process that you'd really think they might have gotten a better handle on with all the technology we have these days, it should be that hard to know in advance how many people they need and in what departments and when

So I received an email reply on Friday to my query to clarify, basically as far as the PAS panel is concerned they assign each OOM to a department and then it is up to the department to get in touch with us and they have 3 weeks to offer us a job, but the impression I got is that there isn't necessarily a job there to be filled which just seems nuts but anyway. So apparently I have been assigned a department and I am in the mid 120s of JS1 in Dublin, but they didn't give me a date as to when that happened so I can't tell how much longer I may have to wait to hear from the department.

@cvb03 you said you had already been assigned a department and I would assume that was a couple of weeks ago now given you are around OOM 70 IIRC? So hopefully they should come back to you this week but my anxiety is that there are no jobs to be filled and they're just going through the motions, ie what happens to us if the department doesn't offer us a position, do we get put back into the panel or what?

So far this seems like a really inefficient process that you'd really think they might have gotten a better handle on with all the technology we have these days, it should be that hard to know in advance how many people they need and in what departments and when

Hi, I eventually got a call, I am starting tomorrow morning. The department contacted me in the third week. I hope you hear something very soon. I know how frustrating it is.

Can someone clarify the 3 week stipulation? Do departments only allow 3 weeks from the date of OOM receipt to recruit staff and after that date you're out of luck?

Infuriating but hoping against hope that this week brings a change.

• Advertisement

Can someone clarify the 3 week stipulation? Do departments only allow 3 weeks from the date of OOM receipt to recruit staff and after that date you're out of luck?

Infuriating but hoping against hope that this week brings a change.

My understanding is/was that departments (centrally) requests 'x' number of staff and are given that number of candidates OOM. The department (centrally) may know a 'vacancy' is coming but not exactly when, as this would be a matter for the local HR office.

In most cases they probably do call within three weeks, the deadline is just to ensure that departments don't sit on candidates for long periods where vacancies are arising in other departments. So if they don't call by then, PAS would be free to offer your number to another department.

eg: Last year I was all year round, the local HR called a number of TCO at the same time with offers - some TCO's started 2/3/4 weeks later but it was 6 week to my start date. So if they didn't make an offer when they did, I would probably have been re-assigned to a different department & they would've had to submit a new request to PAS.

Hi, I eventually got a call, I am starting tomorrow morning. The department contacted me in the third week. I hope you hear something very soon. I know how frustrating it is.

Oh that is great news, I'm delighted for you! How much notice did they give you as a matter of interest?

My understanding is/was that departments (centrally) requests 'x' number of staff and are given that number of candidates OOM. The department (centrally) may know a 'vacancy' is coming but not exactly when, as this would be a matter for the local HR office.

In most cases they probably do call within three weeks, the deadline is just to ensure that departments don't sit on candidates for long periods where vacancies are arising in other departments. So if they don't call by then, PAS would be free to offer your number to another department.

eg: Last year I was all year round, the local HR called a number of TCO at the same time with offers - some TCO's started 2/3/4 weeks later but it was 6 week to my start date. So if they didn't make an offer when they did, I would probably have been re-assigned to a different department & they would've had to submit a new request to PAS.

Thank you so much. All cleared up now. A call this morning would be marvellous but this is just the beginning of week 3!

Thanks again.

Was 15 JS1 Cork and got given a 12 week contract in the dept of social protection. :) panic over! Best of luck everyone else still waiting

Oh that is great news, I'm delighted for you! How much notice did they give you as a matter of interest?

I got a call last Wednesday and started today. I could have started later it I wanted. They were very flexible.

That's good to hear it was actually short notice, I need to start as soon as possible, I am horrendously broke right now and need to earn as much as possible before term starts again :( Fingers crossed they call me this week to start next week, that would be ideal. How did you get on today? What dept did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Anyone know where they are now in kerry... Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ThatsNew

Is batch number assigned after interview? I haven't been called to interview for 'year round' yet and they reached batch 2 in my county. Thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JaneK33

Does anyone know if you can ask for a transfer once placed?

JaneK33 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can ask for a transfer once placed?

I'd haven't heard of anyone seeking or being transferred after being placed, but I would highly doubt it.

Even a permanent CO has to serve out their probation period before they can apply for a transfer. I doubt they would make exception for a TCO.

• Advertisement

Any idea where they are in the Dublin summer panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

Anyone know what the situation is with Wexford on the year round panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Junior_9985

Any idea where they are in the Dublin summer panel?

I’m JS2 number one, got a call today, to start on July 22nd till December 31st

I’m JS2 number one, got a call today, to start on July 22nd till December 31st
    And you're on the summer panel?

Yes, She said that’s the only contract they could offer me

That is very strange though, I mean you'd think they wouldn't be offering that kind of contract to a summer only person, most TCOs would kill to be offered a contract until the end of the year straight off the bat. Well congratulations anyway :cool:

And if you’re summer only I take it you’re going back to college? Did you accept the contract? I’m thinking if I get an offer like that I’m just taking it and leaving when college comes back

And if you’re summer only I take it you’re going back to college? Did you accept the contract? I’m thinking if I get an offer like that I’m just taking it and leaving when college comes back

Also for anyone who has gotten a TCO position before do you think it would be any hassle to do what I’m suggesting here? Maybe even if you told them you got a full time job offer elsewhere or is it stated in the contact you can’t leave or anything

I accepted it but like you, I’m going to leave when college starts back up

• Advertisement

I accepted it but like you, I’m going to leave when college starts back up

Nice one

Advertisement