Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading photos from iPod to PC

Options
  • 29-11-2018 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi all, I have about 1400 photos on an iPod classic which I used as a backup to store pics & music when I had a Mac. I want to transfer the photos to a PC, windows 10 but am having no success.
    The problem is the files are stored as thumbnail file holding hundreds of photos, not as individual photos, is there anyway of downloading these or do I need to connect to a Mac? any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I would use iCloud. Quicker and easier.

Edit: Bad advice. Didn't spot "classic" as pointed out by baby and crumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

iPod classic doesn’t have iCloud capabilities.

Iirc once a classic was formatted for Mac, it won’t work properly on windows. I could be wrong but you might need to borrow a Mac, transfer them that way then eithe upload them via Dropbox or connect another drive to move them back to your PC.

Advertisement