Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam texts

Options
  • 29-11-2018 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I keep getting scam texts saying that my account has been blocked, frozen etc. With a direct link to 'solve' the problem The annoying thing is that they are coming from BoI phones saved in my contacts so I can't block them. They started weekly but have escalated to two or three times a day, from different numbers.
    Is there any way I can stop this? I am currently recuperating from surgery and it is distressing and annoying to be disturbed all the time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

trishabon wrote: »
    I keep getting scam texts saying that my account has been blocked, frozen etc. With a direct link to 'solve' the problem The annoying thing is that they are coming from BoI phones saved in my contacts so I can't block them. They started weekly but have escalated to two or three times a day, from different numbers.
    Is there any way I can stop this? I am currently recuperating from surgery and it is distressing and annoying to be disturbed all the time.

Hi trishabon,

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch with us and for being so vigilant.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]We are aware that these messages are circulating at the moment. Please be advised that Bank of Ireland will never send any emails or text messages requesting account password information. Can we ask that you forward this and any future messages you might receive to our security team at [/font][font=Calibri","sans-serif]365security@boi.com.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Our Fraud team are investigating these messages with the aim of getting them stopped as soon as possible.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]We wish you the very best in your recovery from surgery and please know we are always here for our customers when needed.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Many Thanks[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]John[/font]

Advertisement