Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ballsbridge apartments development €3,850 to €6,000 / month

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

sheesh wrote:
    so what are you doing to provide hissing for your fellow irish people?

I pay my taxes and donate to charities that work with homeless people top try and find them adequate housing.
    If I had money available to me, I'd build housing with normal people in mind rather than only catering to the ultra-rich. I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,136 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Heebie wrote: »
    I pay my taxes and donate to charities that work with homeless people top try and find them adequate housing.
    If I had money available to me, I'd build housing with normal people in mind rather than only catering to the ultra-rich. I

what do you mean build housing with normal people in mind?

whats a normal person?

and where are you going to get the land cheap enough to build these cheap houses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,422 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

normal houses being built in estates around North Dublin by the thousands currently

normal people buying them for prices between 300k and 500k

or is my understanding of normal incorrect?

what is it you would like to do differently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

they will be paying taxes on the earnings from these properties. the high net worth individuals (if they come here) will be spending money here. which will also be taxed. Having people like that here is a good thing get them here and get them spending.

Also this is private property. If the government wanted to take it over with a compulsory purchase they would have to the fair market rate for that property. that means they would have the extra cost of buying the property then putting all those houses or apartments in and then dealing with the local objections to its placement, wealthy people have right too.

Social housing for the poor is more than roof over their head it needs services and transport links to where jobs and schools are.

don't forget we also need housing for people in regular jobs and all of that will built by private concerns.

What we really need are high rise apartments but nobody wants to live in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

This country is just full of begrudgery. Someone builds a few decent apartments, giving employment to builders and what happens? The misery spreaders are out in force going at the rate of three slurry spreaders in a Cavan field. If people have a ew bob they should be allowed enjoy it without all this whinging.

• Advertisement
Advertisement