Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanning into a Doc

Options
  • 29-11-2018 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

I have a long continuous word doc, I need to scan some external info into a specific part of this doc. How do I do this?

*I have looked on-line for solutions, but they dont say how to place them in the doc.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

When you use a scanner it will save the scanned image as an image file, eg. something.png or something.jpg

In Ms Word 2016, you open the doc and scroll down to the point where you want to insert that image.

Then in the Word menu select "Insert" and then "Pictures".
    Select the image file to insert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

rgodard80a wrote: »
    When you use a scanner it will save the scanned image as an image file, eg. something.png or something.jpg

In Ms Word 2016, you open the doc and scroll down to the point where you want to insert that image.

Then in the Word menu select "Insert" and then "Pictures".
    Select the image file to insert.
    Thanks, I tried that and the picture was not able to be shown on the needed page, the scan goes to My Print Garden and it will only let me change to a format that leads to the above error message.
    It doesn't let me save the scans in any other location.
    Can anyone give me a digout on this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Bredabe wrote: »
    Thanks, I tried that and the picture was not able to be shown on the needed page, the scan goes to My Print Garden and it will only let me change to a format that leads to the above error message.
    It doesn't let me save the scans in any other location.
    Can anyone give me a digout on this please?
    What file format your scanned file is saved? JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg), TIFF (.tif, .tiff), PNG (.png), PDF (.pdf), other ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

What file format your scanned file is saved? JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg), TIFF (.tif, .tiff), PNG (.png), PDF (.pdf), other ?

JPD and PDF,( i assume i changed to this by accident)
    it doesn't give me any options to move anything except to change format to pdf and that doesn't open in the doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Bredabe wrote: »
    JPD and PDF,( i assume i changed to this by accident)
    it doesn't give me any options to move anything except to change format to pdf and that doesn't open in the doc.
    JPD file is a Java Process Definition - you sure about that? In case its JPG - just drag-and-drop in desired location on your document.

PDF - Word able to "Incert" PDF, but first page only, in Word go: INSERT>OBJECT>OBJECT>CREATE FROM FILE>BROWSE.... navigate to your file.
    If your .pdf document contain multiple pages open it with word first: right click on .pdf file>Open With>select Word>OK, then wait . Copy/paste desired content into your document. This method might not be good for heavily formatted pdf documents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Maybe this is text in a PDF and not an image.

Advertisement