Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up-to-date CSPE Notes for 18/19

Options
  • 29-11-2018 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have a 3rd year CSPE group this year. They've already done their Action Project but they're quite far behind in the book. I'm trying to fly through it and get them ready for their mocks in Feb. Does anyone have any CSPE notes or know where I can find some to give to the students to make studying easier?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

There is no real studying, they need some basic facts, no of TDs, MEPs etc, they would fit on 3/4 pages, being able to express their own opinion is far more important, forget about the book, focus on issues and use the exam papers, the action project is worth 60% they have plenty done.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

solerina wrote: »
    There is no real studying, they need some basic facts, no of TDs, MEPs etc, they would fit on 3/4 pages, being able to express their own opinion is far more important, forget about the book, focus on issues and use the exam papers, the action project is worth 60% they have plenty done.

Ah yeah, I know there's not a huge amount. I was just hoping for an up to date fact sheet with ministers etc. that might help them to prepare. I found one such sheet but it was fairly outdated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Get them to buy exam papers. Plenty in them to keep you going for the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

Yeah, it's like all the subject boards on Facebook, 'oohh it's my first time' can you give me your PowerPoints that took years to build up?

Well it's not going to do you much good just taking other peoples' stuff. You'll be asked questions you won't have a clue about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Yeah, it's like all the subject boards on Facebook, 'oohh it's my first time' can you give me your PowerPoints that took years to build up?

Well it's not going to do you much good just taking other peoples' stuff. You'll be asked questions you won't have a clue about.

Exactly. We had a WSE a few years ago and we were told that the plans were good except where we had 'teacher made resources' the genius of an inspector told us that we had to give the location of the file ... on Google Drive etc. I asked why we should do that when every teacher is an individual with their own teaching styles and having spent (sometimes) hours creating our resources to give access to our files. Result of talk .... teacher made resources.

Like you Teacher0101, I don't know what people expect - I'm a little lazy ... can I have all your notes? I have no problem with advice on how to teach a topic but give me your notes etc. Get away from me. Sometimes when I read posts on subject boards - I would wonder about ability of the teacher and they also put their name to it 😠

There's my rant for Friday night 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I don't know if it's laziness all round but there sure is a lot expected of teachers and they have very little time to do it all in. It's fantastic when teachers help each other out but a lot of the time people take resources from others just to have something in front of them without checking the quality of the content of the spelling for that matter. It's much easier to make your own in the long run, time consuming as it is.

Advertisement