Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value, reliable online pharmacies: where are they?

Options
  • 29-11-2018 4:49pm

I've just been charged €48 of my after tax income for a medication (for which I have a prescription) that is appearing as £22 or thereabouts on various online pharmacies (excluding shipping).

The number of "online pharmacies" spamming emails turns me off the entire concept but surely there are reliable online pharmacies undercutting these extortionate prices? What are their names? Pharmacy2u, which has the £22 price above, gets overall 'excellent' reviews on Trustpilot, but does it sell to Ireland? You seem to need an "NHS Prescription Account", so I cannot continue with that purchase. Some of the older threads here might still be useful. They include this (2012), this (2014) and this (2012-14).

Recommendations for 2018/2019?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭din0saur

superdrug.com and chemist.net work for me. you'll have to use parcel motel

superdrug: Shipping FREE for non-members when you spend £15 or more (£3 normally)

chemist.net: Free standard delivery on orders over £39.95

din0saur wrote: »
    superdrug.com and chemist.net work for me. you'll have to use parcel motel

superdrug: Shipping FREE for non-members when you spend £15 or more (£3 normally)

chemist.net: Free standard delivery on orders over £39.95

Thanks for that. Chemist.net came in cheaper than Superdrug. I just paid €16 for 100ml of Nizoral in Boots in Dublin, but Chemist.net is charging £8.35 for the same product. So I thought I could buy 6 of them but the website had a limit on how many they would sell, even though they can be bought over the counter here: they wouldn't sell me more than 2. Not sure why such a restriction exists.

Anybody have any other recommendations for an online pharmacy?

Advertisement