Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) @3Arena - 30 May 2019

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,734 ✭✭✭micks_address

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Reading some great reviews of the show on Twitter.

If you could, could you ask your wife what were the start/finish times please?

Will do... Prob be the morning before I get back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Will do... Prob be the morning before I get back to you

Thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Started at 7.30 and ended around 10:10.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ozbackineire

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Reading some great reviews of the show on Twitter.

If you could, could you ask your wife what were the start/finish times please?

i went last night- show started at 7:30, 20 minute interval and finished at 10:10.

Fantastic show, i hope they enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I saw a clip on Youtube where it looked like he had someone from the audience on stage. Were they picked at random or did he look for volunteers? Basically how can you avoid this happening to you? :)

• Advertisement

Cheers
    Should be fine to collect someone from airport after.

Hrududu wrote: »
    I saw a clip on Youtube where it looked like he had someone from the audience on stage. Were they picked at random or did he look for volunteers? Basically how can you avoid this happening to you? :)

Say no thanks.
    Saw he had some guy called Tom Jones up on stage (not the singer)
    Hilarious stuff, like your dad dancing at the afters of a wedding!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LGadd14

NIMAN wrote: »
    Was this like a Greatest Showman show?
    Or him doing other stuff?

There were about 6 songs from The Greatest Showman and they were spread throughout the show. He performs songs from some of the musicals he was in both in film and on stage (Les Miserables, The Boy from Oz, Beauty and the Beast), pays tribute to some of the tunes that shaped his musical taste (Sinatra, Darin, etc.), and then there are some songs that connected with him due to his family life and Australian nationality.
    It was a terrific show. I was a little concerned that parents would bring their kids expecting a full-on Greatest Showman performance and be taken aback at how few songs there are from it, but Hugh managed to strike a great balance between performing those tunes in a fresh manner and making the tracks that younger members of the audience might not know really entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

LGadd14 wrote: »
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Was this like a Greatest Showman show?
    Or him doing other stuff?

There were about 6 songs from The Greatest Showman and they were spread throughout the show. He performs songs from some of the musicals he was in both in film and on stage (Les Miserables, The Boy from Oz, Beauty and the Beast), pays tribute to some of the tunes that shaped his musical taste (Sinatra, Darin, etc.), and then there are some songs that connected with him due to his family life and Australian nationality.
    It was a terrific show. I was a little concerned that parents would bring their kids expecting a full-on Greatest Showman performance and be taken aback at how few songs there are from it, but Hugh managed to strike a great balance between performing those tunes in a fresh manner and making the tracks that younger members of the audience might not know really entertaining.
    Hey just wondering what the crowd was like is it a good mix of adults and kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

All age groups from what I could see, kids loved all the greatest showman stuff and lots of older songs for older folks. A huge mix of music.
    He really is a born entertainer , I honestly didn’t think I would enjoy it as much as I did. He looked to be loving every minute of it as well.
    Plus it wasn’t overly long so kids didn’t get bored and home at reasonable time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

harr wrote: »
    All age groups from what I could see, kids loved all the greatest showman stuff and lots of older songs for older folks. A huge mix of music.
    He really is a born entertainer , I honestly didn’t think I would enjoy it as much as I did. He looked to be loving every minute of it as well.
    Plus it wasn’t overly long so kids didn’t get bored and home at reasonable time.
    Great thanks for that bringing the kids tonight looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

I cant get over how good it was. I was not expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. Brilliant evening I have to say.

Advertisement