Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simms clinic

• 29-11-2018 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi
    I have being referred from my gynae doctor to go to the simms clinic in Dublin for ovulation induction.
    This is all pretty new to me, in relation to these clinics ( I have taken clomid in the past and it hasn't worked )
    Please can anyone tell me has this induction worked for them and what is involved in it.
    Also is it an expensive treatment.
    Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

OI didn't work for me, done three rounds. I can't really remember but it was around 300-400 and the drugs will be 134 (apply for a dps card if you dont have one already). I was with Galway Fertility Clinic though. Sims might have their prices on their site.

We then done IUI and that worked 1st time. Best of luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Elaine22

lashes34 wrote: »
    OI didn't work for me, done three rounds. I can't really remember but it was around 300-400 and the drugs will be 134 (apply for a dps card if you dont have one already). I was with Galway Fertility Clinic though. Sims might have their prices on their site.

We then done IUI and that worked 1st time. Best of luck x

Thanks very much, I was referred to Galway clinic before but she only discussed IVF treatment with me and it was something I wasn't ready to talk about.
    My new gynae has said I have sub fertility where I can not pin point my ovulation, due to irregular cycles. He has suggested that I go for the induction, but I have read up about IUI. A friend of mine is currently going to the Simms clinic in Dublin and cannot praise them enough up there.
    I'll take a look on simms.
    With the induction, is it something like the clomid but obviously in injection form xx

Advertisement