Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final final demand

Options
  • 29-11-2018 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

14 months ago, I switched supplier from electric Ireland. Rang with my final meter reading, all fine.
    Today I returned home to find a letter from electric Ireland saying if I do not pay the amount outstanding they will instigate legal proceedings, as this is my final letter.
    I rang the number to speak to a very unhelpful person who could not tell me what this related to, but was able to accuse me of ignoring phone calls and letters. I have never been contacted by electric Ireland. I asked if this bill related to closing my account and asked why I was being contacted after 14 months. I asked what was electric Ireland's policy in relation to outstanding amounts and the procedures that were followed and how these were applied to me, who was last a customer 14 months ago. The agent couldn't tell me.
    You are welcome to instigate legal proceedings. I will never be an electric Ireland customer again.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi MitheringMandy, 

We are sorry to read this. 

If you would like us to look into your query, please send us a private message with the following information: 
    • Your name
    • The first line in your address
    • Your account number
    • Your contact number
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)
    [*]

We can then look into this for you.

Thanks, 
    Aoife

Advertisement