Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic

Options
  • 30-11-2018 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or has the traffic been absolutely bonkers this week?. Whats going on?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Its Christmas so and its wet!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

For the weather we're having this week (storms, rain, cold) and the time of year, I find it not too bad. The last few years, the traffic was worse in my memory.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Nah this year has absolutely been the worst in memory. If I could plot my commute times (hell even my non-commute ones) in a graph, I'm sure this year would soar sky high.

Sometimes I take an Xpress bus into town in the AM, normally 30/35 minutes which is grand. Tuesday was 2 whole hours!

Since September my commute times have been roughly 50/55 mins meaning I've had to get up earlier and get an earlier bus which still barely gets me into work on time. Last Christmas was pretty bad too but I dont remember it being this bad. 2 years ago and beyond it was grand. I actually didn't mind the commute. Now it's just part of the day I dread the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

More people working, more cars, crap to non existent public transport infrastructure.

Nah this year has absolutely been the worst in memory. If I could plot my commute times (hell even my non-commute ones) in a graph, I'm sure this year would soar sky high.

Sometimes I take an Xpress bus into town in the AM, normally 30/35 minutes which is grand. Tuesday was 2 whole hours!

Since September my commute times have been roughly 50/55 mins meaning I've had to get up earlier and get an earlier bus which still barely gets me into work on time. Last Christmas was pretty bad too but I dont remember it being this bad. 2 years ago and beyond it was grand. I actually didn't mind the commute. Now it's just part of the day I dread the most.

Where are you getting stuck? Got the 25b on Monday at 730 at Griffeen, Off at Bachelor Walk 8:10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

My guess is they left later than that ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Earlier than that. I don't have an option of a bus that ploughs down the N4. Either up the N7 via Bluebell which is diabolical (as always), or across Crumlin which has gotten progressively worse.

Would the outer link rd, down to belgard, down greenhill and turn right at wakinstown roundabout and use crumlin back streets work?

Advertisement