Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sausage roll in the city centre.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

I think €3.20, if memory serves. Includes some of their own home-made ketchup, which is also amazing.

They also have a deal price for one with a coffee (can't recall what it is).

Sounds good. Will report back Friday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If this gets enough posts they'll probably open up a Gregg's soon enough. Vegan sausage roll anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,412 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Been a good while but Fallon and Byrne on Exchequer St do the most or certainly did the most big and delicious sausage rolls... their deli is to die for in fact..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

jimmii wrote: »
    If this gets enough posts they'll probably open up a Gregg's soon enough. Vegan sausage roll anyone?

They would do amazing business over here. Always handy to grab coffee and something savoury running around the likes of London and Edinburgh.

Birneybau wrote: »
    They would do amazing business over here. Always handy to grab coffee and something savoury running around the likes of London and Edinburgh.

Yeah I think the same. Surprised they haven't dipped their toe in at all only a matter of time surely. Hopefully they would then learn how to do an Irish hot chicken roll too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Accents just off George's Street.

Accents just off George's Street.

Are they homemade?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

The Blu Apple on Upper O'Connell St used to have excellent sausage rolls, but like everything else that was any good on that street, it did not last.

Not much help but there you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭castle_lover

Can’t beat an aul pack of Denny in the micro. Getting some on my way home from work now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I’ve gone off sausage rolls - but Bread 41 do good looking ones, albeit they’re not showing up on their website menu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

A sausage roll between two fresh slices of Brennan's Bread NO butter and lashings of red sauce.

Had one of the sausage rolls from Emer's Kitchen today. Very nice indeed and competitively priced too at €3.20. Thick and flavorsome with decent coverage of crispy pastry.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Anus Von Skidmark

+1 on the recommendation for the lamb & sriracha sausage roll in Love Supreme.

I've never tried the ol' paedo sauce (or any of the competing non-paedo-affiliated brands) with a sausage roll. I'd say the spicy relish is a nice accompaniment alright.

+1 on the recommendation for the lamb & sriracha sausage roll in Love Supreme.

Is it still a fiver for a feckin' sausage roll in there?

Passenger wrote: »
    Is it still a fiver for a feckin' sausage roll in there?

I'm not sure, it's been a while since I was there. Totally worth a fiver though - those things are not just any ordinary sausage roll.

I'm not sure, it's been a while since I was there. Totally worth a fiver though - those things are not just any ordinary sausage roll.

No sausage roll is worth that unless it's massive which it isn't. There are much better options around imo.

Passenger wrote: »
    No sausage roll is worth that unless it's massive which it isn't. There are much better options around imo.

It'll fairly fill you for lunch, and is absolutely delicious - it's not comparable to the povvo Cuisine de France filth you'd get in a Spar or Centra. I reckon it's totally worth the fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

The Green Bench Café on a Friday morning do an unreal sausage roll

mlem123 wrote: »
    The Green Bench Cafn a Friday morning do an unreal sausage role

They're 99% meat though. You need a better meat-to-pastry ratio than that imo. Still though, they are cheap for their good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

meat-to-pastry ratio is crucial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

jimmii wrote: »

Tried one of their vegan sausage rolls a coupe months ago in Leeds and honestly as surprised how sausagey it tasted! Would recommend! :)

mlem123 wrote: »
    Tried one of their vegan sausage rolls a coupe months ago in Leeds and honestly as surprised how sausagey it tasted! Would recommend! :)

Yeah they've done amazingly well! I stick to old faithful but my wife is a big fan of the Vegan version.

Advertisement