Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham Antepost

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Go on the percy.huge local interest in him around Craughwell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

It’s an interesting campaign route. Ground yielding to soft so it’s not that.

Go on the percy.huge local interest in him around Craughwell

Great user name :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Slattsy wrote: »
    Going to the Gold Cup without jumping a fence all season! Fair ****s to them!

Idiotic.

I guess native river had 1 run and did it. Still this would be a first?

BumperD wrote: »
    I guess native river had 1 run and did it. Still this would be a first?

At least his run was over fences. Also had a campaign out of novice company and was battle hardened from winning races like the Hennessy and the Welsh National.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Doubt it’s ever happened in recent years anyway. Think bobs worth went with just the one run year he won it too. Bottom line for me would be if Pat Kelly isn’t bothered, then I wouldn’t be bothered either. But will pat actually tell us one way or the other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

What chance they do a vautour on it and go stayers

What chance they do a vautour on it and go stayers

Zero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Presenting Percy is a class animal but no way he can be backed it his current prices.
    Be a minor miracle if he wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

EICVD wrote: »
    Think he’s entered this weekend in the graded novice at Navan

What’s everyones thoughts on Shattered Love in the Gold Cup? Small chance? Chance of running into a place? No hope at all?

Think Percy wins it, Shattered love each way if she’s a big price. Don’t think RTR has any chance but have to stick with him just incase, Tout Est Permis a real dark horse for it he runs but unlikely

SL goes for the GC alright. Been aimed at it all season I reckon (well like most) but I expect to see a marked improvement on what she's shown so far this season. GE probably hasn't had her anywhere near 100%. I think he's purposely tried to get her there under the radar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Jaysus lads hes well schooled at home not as if he hasnt seen a fence all season. Not for me anyways but he wont be far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭dave81

Allaho is my idea of a winner. Which race though, maybe Ballymore over AB (Mullins said to racing TV, but that's not reliable!)?. This horse I understand is well though of and he will come on 20 lenghts from yesterday's win. Big owners from Flat, cost big bucks I presume and big yard. Whatever race, I'll be backing him as I think we will all look afterwards and think, how did I miss the obvious?

No chance. Reynolds has said it's entered but unlikely to run.
    Enough said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Very strange, had safe ground in gowran, it will be fascinating to see how he runs in the gc.

Wrapping Percy up like he has stud value.

I’m going to have a flutter on him.GO ON THE PERCY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Really wish I backed glen forsa for the arkle before I tipped him up earlier, what price was he ?
    I think he would be certain to place in the race but le richebourg would prob be too good.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Not Cheltenham but the 16's on offer for Didtheyleaveuoutto in the Betfair Hurdle looks good value off a mark of 139.

Should get a decent run tomorrow with it being rerouted to Ascot, 2/2 at the track and half the price now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

I’m going to have a flutter on him.GO ON THE PERCY

If Percy wins the gc without a run over fences, it could be the best training performance ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

2 doubles for me today

Yanworth/Sceau Royal
    Kilultagh Vic/Politilogue.

Looks a decent day racing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Really wish I backed glen forsa for the arkle before I tipped him up earlier, what price was he ?
    I think he would be certain to place in the race but le richebourg would prob be too good.

He’s after improving some amount . Was a drifter at Xmas off 120 or something and won lovely

2 doubles for me today

Yanworth/Sceau Royal
    Kilultagh Vic/Politilogue.

Looks a decent day racing.

Yanworth is my idea of a hound . But that means he probably wins. Have clan sea obeaux, sceau royal and Politilogue in a treble . Think waiting patiently will be shown up today . But that doesn’t mean my lad will beat him it’s a serious race , pity my favorite top notch couldn’t run

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

oh he is an absolute hound, have backed him 3 years in a row at the Festival and he's let me down each time. Keep coming back to him.

Realised this is in the wrong thread.

• Advertisement

Dunno why everyone is against waiting patiently, his form is the best on offer only negative is he hasn’t had a proper run this season, but he wasn’t injured, his win in this race last year looks really good with frodon in 3rd having achieved so much this year and top notch in 4th only highlights the horses that beat him.
    If he is the same horse he wins this with the minimum of fuss.
    Has beaten Politologue as a novice as well.

Dunno why everyone is against waiting patiently, his form is the best on offer only negative is he hasn’t had a proper run this season, but he wasn’t injured, his win in this race last year looks really good with frodon in 3rd having achieved so much this year and top notch in 4th only highlights the horses that beat him.
    If he is the same horse he wins this with the minimum of fuss.
    Has beaten Politologue as a novice as well.

The trouble I have is ms Jefferson wouldn’t train ivy up a wall

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gillamandango

Dunno about you, but my 16/1 got voided and refunded as track changed. Had to go in again at 17/2

Johner wrote: »
    Should get a decent run tomorrow with it being rerouted to Ascot, 2/2 at the track and half the price now.

Dunno about you, but my 16/1 got voided and refunded as track changed. Had to go in again at 17/2

You're right, checked this morning and that was the case. I took some 9's today, still a bit of value in it.

Clans a machine

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Clans a machine

Would you stop ! Won like it should. No more. That horse ain't winning GC 2019

Jumped into the clouds over the last. He had a good stone left in the locker. 7s and Percy 3s I know who ill be on. NAP of the week for me.

Clans a machine

Would his Cheltenham form concern you?

Would his Cheltenham form concern you?

Not at all. Hes run some of his best races around there, obviously barring this year as hes improved immensely

Not at all. Hes run some of his best races around there, obviously barring this year as hes improved immensely

If he’d won 1 race there I’d be tempted but have a niggling doubt. His coat color today is what you want to see in a horse

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

Elixir de Nutz form just got a serious boost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Not up against but Clan cruised beautifully around and jumped lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Theres the supreme winner anyway, Al Dancer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

FatRat wrote: »
    Theres the supreme winner anyway, Al Dancer.
    Betfair hurdle winners have a shocking record in this race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Betfair hurdle winners have a shocking record in this race

Fair play to them. The supreme has an entirely new field every year. Every year is independent of the last

• Advertisement

If Percy wins the gc without a run over fences, it could be the best training performance ever.

He’s currently 7/2

GO ON THE PERCY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Benie Des dieux 800 Euro win single

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Benie Des dieux 800 Euro win single

Won an atrocious mares hurdle last year, I would fancy Limini to beat her if shes back to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭dave81

Won an atrocious mares hurdle last year, I would fancy Limini to beat her if shes back to form.

Looking back - there's nothing bad about Liminis recent form, horse behind her last day won by big distance today. Apples Jade is utterly unbeatable when she is in the mood. Nothing wrong with being 2l away from Percy and Supersundae. That's fair form. Limini crucified me at Galway. Time for pay back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

You were on Terrefort yesterday yeah? Something tells me you don't rate CDO at all anyway.

The more I look at the gold cup the more I think we are in for a strange result.
    Anibale fly maybe, he is being brought on slowly and should be ready to peak in gold cup after his good run yesterday, I met a guy in a bar at Cheltenham last year who was celebrating anibale coming 3rd, said they got a tip months ago to do it e/w,he had a few hundred on it at 100/1 or 150/1 can’t remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Lads/ladies does anyone know what race Champagne Classic is going for?
    I have backed it at 20s just there with 365 but noticed he has a few entries.

I think if he runs well today(expecting him to win) the price will be halfed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Lads/ladies does anyone know what race Champagne Classic is going for?
    I have backed it at 20s just there with 365 but noticed he has a few entries.

I think if he runs well today(expecting him to win) the price will be halfed.

Gordon said the 4 miler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭jj mac

Slattsy wrote: »
    Gordon said the 4 miler.

So probably the rsa then.

Advertisement