Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham Antepost

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Lol cheers lads, I will do a small bet for the 4miler and hope it goes the RSA route as I can't see OK Corral beaten in the 4miler.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The more I look at the gold cup the more I think we are in for a strange result.
    Anibale fly maybe, he is being brought on slowly and should be ready to peak in gold cup after his good run yesterday, I met a guy in a bar at Cheltenham last year who was celebrating anibale coming 3rd, said they got a tip months ago to do it e/w,he had a few hundred on it at 100/1 or 150/1 can’t remember.

I agree. The favourite is too short. Clan des Obeaux not great around Cheltenham, although he couldn't be in better hands. I am keeping my powder dry until the day, I still think that there is outsider being overlooked by everyone that will win on the day, I just can't decide which one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Clan des Obeaux not great around Cheltenham, although he couldn't be in better hands.

I think Nicholls is in for a great Festival. 3-4 winners I reckon. Particularly the Friday he could do really well - Quel Destin in the Triumph, Clan des Obeaux in the Gold Cup and Pacha du Polder in the Foxhunters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Pity Yorkhill was withdrawn from the Gold Cup, it would sum up this year's season if the mad bastard came back and won it. Hopefully he shows his face in the Ryanair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Angliru wrote: »
    Pity Yorkhill was withdrawn from the Gold Cup, it would sum up this year's season if the mad bastard came back and won it. Hopefully he shows his face in the Ryanair.

Hes a pig of a horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

How thick is thick,.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gillamandango

Wont be long now. See you for Aintree maybe..
    antietam wrote: »
    How thick is thick,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

From a preview night tonight,

Gordon: Samcro a few more pieces of work to do before decision is made but Stayers v.much on the table. Won’t run in Champion.
    Felix Desjy and Vision D’H both aimed at Supreme
    Mengli Khan up in trip to go for JLT

The Storyteller goes for the Ryanair. Hardline for Arkle. Surin likely for Fred Winter.

Noel Meade: Tout Est Permis probably heading for Ryanair, even though he feels horses wants further/softer...

Gavin Cromwell sounding like Espoir D’Allen going to take chance in CH.

Ah Bollox I've The Storyteller backed for the Coral Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Have Hardline backed for the JLT ahh not good news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

TheTorment wrote: »
    Ah Bollox I've The Storyteller backed for the Coral Cup

Same. Bollox!

Slattsy wrote: »
    Same. Bollox!

I'm hoping for a switcheroo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gillamandango

Pinch of salt when listening to GE, especially as we are still in Feb. There isnt a hope The Storyteller goes Ryanair IMO, hasn’t a hope of being placed. GE spoofing.
    TheTorment wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a switcheroo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

GE a right bollix these days when it comes to misinformation.

Pinch of salt when listening to GE, especially as we are still in Feb. There isnt a hope The Storyteller goes Ryanair IMO, hasn’t a hope of being placed. GE spoofing.

Hopefully...

Did he mention the target for Glenloe does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Have Hardline backed for the JLT ahh not good news

Serious Chance in the Arkle on a line tru Us and Them. Irish 123 here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭famagusta

aidankkk wrote:
    Serious Chance in the Arkle on a line tru Us and Them. Irish 123 here.

Aidan, would you give Articulum any chance??

famagusta wrote: »
    Aidan, would you give Articulum any chance??

Never know really, but to me he looks like he should be a bigger price on form.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Are the weights out next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Yeah and handicaps this Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭famagusta

aidankkk wrote:
    Never know really, but to me he looks like he should be a bigger price on form.

Thanks, I've had a few bob on ew at 33/1. The lads involved were expecting a very big run at the Dublin racing festival (ground too hard) and then in sandown the Saturday after (equine flu)

If they water or have a bit of rain he will hopefully be in the shake up

Glenloe out. Bollox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Slattsy wrote: »
    Glenloe out. Bollox.

I'll only believe it when he's not entered or declared.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

storyteller - bollox!

Storyteller bollox too!!

Johner wrote: »
    I'll only believe it when he's not entered or declared.

He needs another run here to qualify anyway, have been checking his entries daily. Figured something was up.

Ive cashed out (with profit) both Glenloe singles I had :(

Also had Glenloe and The Storyteller in a bet and thats been cashed out too, again for profit. :(

Neither were nrnb so not taking the chance that Gordon is spinning lies.

Have The Storyteller in singles and another multiple but am keeping this one as I believe there will still be a Coral Cup entry made...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Percy entered in the BobbyJo @ Fairyhouse.... will he run does anyone think?

Percy entered in the BobbyJo @ Fairyhouse.... will he run does anyone think?

I hope he doesn't, just to boil peoples pi$$ :D

Laurina wont run tomorrow and Percy wont run at the weekend

Irish racing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Is Klassical Dream 100% running in the Supreme?
    Price is strange enough to me if so.. I expected him to be close to going off fav for this after Leopardstown.

Samcro
    Stayers
    Getting more possible by the day

Lung infection cleared up
    Back Training full pelt

He couldn't......could he?!?!!

Could he!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Samcro
    Stayers

Back Training full pelt

Could he!

Hope he does, he will make the price for paisley park who will pick him up and carry him

• Advertisement

Samcro
    Stayers

Back Training full pelt

Could he!

6/1 nrnb, is terrible value. Doesn't mean he cant though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Telling yas lads paisley park won’t win, can’t have him.
    It’s a Poor division, one of the Irish will beat him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Samcro to hack up, believe the hype, come on the second coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

Samcro hacks up.

Telling yas lads paisley park won’t win, can’t have him.
    It’s a Poor division, one of the Irish will beat him.

Completely agree. Penhill, Faugheen, Samcro, Supasundae. Paisley Park a mad price for beating West Approach.

• Advertisement

Completely agree. Penhill, Faugheen, Samcro, Supasundae. Paisley Park a mad price for beating West Approach.

The Festival has a habit of throwing up heartwarming stories though and Paisley Park could easily be this years. The owner is blind and Aidan Coleman has only one Festival winner to his name (the bleedin Pertemps) and one Grade One too (on Paisley Park as it happens). Im tellin yee, the stars are lining up.

Ye see Paisley as this year's sam spinner is it lads?
    Kevin Blake very sweet on him, a shrewd judge to be fair and not one to be given to British hype horses
    I personally would LOVE to see the machine win this and i have a few bob AP on him

now that would be a sweet story :)

The Festival has a habit of throwing up heartwarming stories though and Paisley Park could easily be this years. The owner is blind and Aidan Coleman has only one Festival winner to his name (the bleedin Pertemps) and one Grade One too (on Paisley Park as it happens). Im tellin yee, the stars are lining up.

Tiger roll winning his 4th festival race after his grand national win not heart warming enough for ya.

Ye see Paisley as this year's sam spinner is it lads?
    Kevin Blake very sweet on him, a shrewd judge to be fair and not one to be given to British hype horses
    I personally would LOVE to see the machine win this and i have a few bob AP on him

now that would be a sweet story :)

I was all aboard the sam spinner train last year, won’t get me this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Was huge on the same spinner train myself.
    Gonna be on the Paisley Park train this year as well 😠Absolute machine who finds plenty when asked and powers up that hill. Penhill is the only damger in my opinion.
    Samcro is another Don Poli. Slow as a boat, can't believe we have people thinking it won't be beat!!

Hmm heartwarming story, I can see the angle. The stars definitely do align in sport from time to time. PP deserves to be fav but too short for me now.

Penhill hacked up at the last two Festivals but it will be difficult to do it again without a run. He did it last year when he was more than twice the price. He’s about the right price now.

Faugheen is too big almost I’d say. Hammered Penhill at Punchestown and Sharjah and Apple’s Jade have done his form no harm this season.

Samcro is an absolute weapon. I don’t believe for one second we’ve seen the real horse this season. He’s been hyped for a reason and the things I’ve heard about him are scary. I’m going to keep the faith if he lines up. I’m a believer.

Tiger roll winning his 4th festival race after his grand national win not heart warming enough for ya.

A warrior of a horse alright, but hes from the superpower Elliott/O Leary team so hardly has the same impact as the blind owner with the under-achieving jockey and nearly-dead as a juvenile horse trained by an out-of-luck female trainer. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

My main bet for the meeting is to back Verdana Blue to come in the first four of the Champion Hurdle.

Hoping to get around 5/2 on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Don't know why people are comparing Paisley Park to Sam Spinner. The former has a different trainer, different run style, has progressed markedly with each run and has winning form in Cheltenham. Reminds me of Thistlecrack.

Samcro isn’t the first cousin of a slow horse. Absolutely cruised into the lead at Leopardstown. He was either one of two things that day: 1) sick or 2) he is a soft yoke, in which case he won’t be doing much in his career. I’m willing to pay to find out. BELIEVE THE HYPE.

• Advertisement
Advertisement