Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham Antepost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ingo1984

Samcro is an overhyped mule. Starting to run out of excuses for him at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

My main bet for the meeting is to back Verdana Blue to come in the first four of the Champion Hurdle.

Hoping to get around 5/2 on the day.

Surely if she runs it will be in mares? Didn't NH rule her out tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭dave81

Tin soldier will win that Pertemps if he qualifies tomorrow. Not sure how many qualify. Expect a decent non winning place to prime him and a halving in price.

Is Klassical Dream 100% running in the Supreme?
    Price is strange enough to me if so.. I expected him to be close to going off fav for this after Leopardstown.

Not sure you got an answer to this.

Definitely isn't 100% going to the Supreme. Mullins is weak enough (comparatively) with novice hurdlers this year so will shuffle them around I am sure, and it was notably that after Leopardstown he nominated Aramon for the Supreme immediately and was more equivocal about Klassical Dream, would be no surprise to see him in the Ballymore.

The market appears to back that up also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Surely if she runs it will be in mares?

No, defo going for the Hurdle:

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/horse/983635/verdana-blue/entries
    Didn't NH rule her out tho?

Ruled her out of a prep run as she hadn't the Equine flu shots I think.

Just seeing that he said this over the last couple of days also:

Two miles on fast ground around Kempton caught Buveur D'Air out a bit and Verdana Blue had a lovely run round in his slipstream before delivering that turn of foot. She's had to miss her fast-track all-weather qualifier at Kempton, which was her prep for Cheltenham and would also have got her a run in the £200,000 marathon at Lingfield on Good Friday, and that was really bad luck. Ground is essential to her though, and Cheltenham has to water to get it to good to soft on the first day.

No, defo going for the Hurdle:

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/horse/983635/verdana-blue/entries

Ruled her out of a prep run as she hadn't the Equine flu shots I think.

Fire away so lad. Best of luck ðŸ‘

Fire away so lad. Best of luck ðŸ‘

Cheers, hotting up to be the a good race the hurdle, I think any for five or even six could win it.

Here's a short interview with Nicky yesterday talking about it:

I have laurina @ 4/1 and have AJ in countless multiples

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Not sure you got an answer to this.

Definitely isn't 100% going to the Supreme. Mullins is weak enough (comparatively) with novice hurdlers this year so will shuffle them around I am sure, and it was notably that after Leopardstown he nominated Aramon for the Supreme immediately and was more equivocal about Klassical Dream, would be no surprise to see him in the Ballymore.

The market appears to back that up also.

Cheers for that. Disappointing if that's the case. He really doesn't have the depth of novice hurdlers one might have expected at the start of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Unless ye think Elliot and O Leary are bluffing about Samcro having a deep lung infection, what he's done this year isn't actually half bad considering it isn't his chosen trip. I have massive faith in the horse. Might not rock up or win the stayers this year but he's going to absolutely blitz the novice chases next year. Horse is built like a bodybuilder and soars over hurdles.

Would love to see Laurina being given a go over fences too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Percy entered in the BobbyJo @ Fairyhouse.... will he run does anyone think?

Straight from the horses mouth 50/50. I know some said no chance the day he got an entry but that was just nonsense, you’d hardly enter the horse if there was “no chance “

We will find out for sure Friday I guess

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/presenting-percy-50-50-to-warm-up-for-gold-cup-in-bobbyjo-chase-at-fairyhouse/367270

So, whats your sure thing 4 fold acca?

Tiger Roll, Altior, Sir Erec, Percy

First 3 have won already.....Percy for the cash :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

So, whats your sure thing 4 fold acca?

Tiger Roll, Altior, Sir Erec, Percy

First 3 have won already.....Percy for the cash :)

I fancy sir erec to come up way short

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

BumperD wrote: »
    Straight from the horses mouth 50/50. I know some said no chance the day he got an entry but that was just nonsense, you’d hardly enter the horse if there was “no chance “

We will find out for sure Friday I guess

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/presenting-percy-50-50-to-warm-up-for-gold-cup-in-bobbyjo-chase-at-fairyhouse/367270

I think the horse's ( Presenting Percy ) preparation for this years gold cup has been appalling. One hurdle race and 50/50 chance that he might run in a grand national trial. Rubbish. He can go and win the gold cup for the next 3 years at 3/1 for all I care. He definitely looked impressive in last years RSA, but his lack of runs this season is a big negative for me.

Your telling me he is maybe going to jump 3 miles around Fairyhouse in a Grade 3 and then be sucking diesel less than 3 weeks later?

The brokers must be rolling around on the ground in fits of laughter at the price and the fact that clowns are getting involved, their stomachs' must be in stitches. They've probably nicknamed it their " banker " for the festival.

Who was the last horse to win a Gold Cup second time out on the back of a right handed hurdle run ?

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I think the horse's ( Presenting Percy ) preparation for this years gold cup has been appalling. One hurdle race and 50/50 chance that he might run in a grand national trial. Rubbish. He can go and win the gold cup for the next 3 years at 3/1 for all I care. He definitely looked impressive in last years RSA, but his lack of runs this season is a big negative for me.

Your telling me he is maybe going to jump 3 miles around Fairyhouse in a Grade 3 and then be sucking diesel less than 3 weeks later?

The brokers must be rolling around on the ground in fits of laughter at the price and the fact that clowns are getting involved, their stomachs' must be in stitches. They've probably nicknamed it their " banker " for the festival.

Who was the last horse to win a Gold Cup second time out on the back of a right handed hurdle run ?

Not sure anyone getting involved at 3/1? He will go off bigger on the day..haven’t seen it mentioned as a banker anywhere?

As regards his preparation, ground driving that. Similar prep last year worked fine? The champion trainer sends horses off the back of 1 or no run to Cheltenham, equally appalling... :pac:

Completely agree. Penhill, Faugheen, Samcro, Supasundae. Paisley Park a mad price for beating West Approach.

beating him by the a dozen lengths as easy as you like

How anyone can dismiss Percy at 3/1 but enthusiastically put up Paisley Park for the stayers at similar odds in baffling to me
    Especiallu given last year's runs at same venue....

How anyone can dismiss Percy at 3/1 but enthusiastically put up Paisley Park for the stayers at similar odds in baffling to me

Because paisley park has beaten everything in england by a street, he put up a figure in the cleeve that was well clear of what penhill put up last year.

he also has ran over his chosen obstacle 4 times prior to the fesitval with no hold ups or pull outs or 50 50s etc etc

hes the form pick, whereas percy hasnt beaten a graded animal in open company over fences

long story short id much rather paisley park at 2s then percy at 3s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Paisley Park has improved 28lbs this season alone. Trainer said he was a "big baby" last year and his work this season has been scintillating. I already mentioned that Oscar's can take a while to peak.

Presenting Percy won the Galmoy Hurdle in preparation for the GC. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

Does Tin soldier only have to place today to qualify for the pertemps?

Yes, place in the first 6.

Wouldn't want to be too close with his mark. Odds on he comes 5th or 6th. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭famagusta

First six will do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

See on another forum Cilaos Emery has supposedly pulled a muscle and is out of Cheltenham. Nothing concrete though.......

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    Paisley Park has improved 28lbs this season alone. Trainer said he was a "big baby" last year and his work this season has been scintillating. I already mentioned that Oscar's can take a while to peak.

Presenting Percy won the Galmoy Hurdle in preparation for the GC. :rolleyes:

Thought Presenting Percys run in the Galmoy was a great prep for the Gold cup. Beat some really decent hurdlers in the process. There is no chance he runs this weekend. A not bet for me either way

As for Paisley park, a brave man backing him at those odds. Trainers runners have a tendency to tail off form wise after a few runs. Would be a big layer of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

There'll only be one Double P winning at the Chez Fez.

Kauto wrote: »
    Thought Presenting Percys run in the Galmoy was a great prep for the Gold cup. Beat some really decent hurdlers in the process. There is no chance he runs this weekend. A not bet for me either way

As for Paisley park, a brave man backing him at those odds. Trainers runners have a tendency to tail off form wise after a few runs. Would be a big layer of him.

you will be laying him on the day so?

Kauto wrote: »
    run in the Galmoy was a great prep for the Gold cup. Beat some really decent hurdlers in the process.

Things never said about any past GC winner?

I'll take Horse Racing for $200 please, Alex. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

famagusta wrote: »
    First six will do

Walk to Freedom 16/1 from the Harrington stable is worth a look for the Pertemps

maximo31 wrote: »
    See on another forum Cilaos Emery has supposedly pulled a muscle and is out of Cheltenham. Nothing concrete though.......

It’s mentioned here

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/willie-mullins-aiming-quartet-at-gold-cup-in-search-of-elusive-first-win/367334

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

maximo31 wrote: »

Racing Post reported it.

Had no chance anyway.... :)

Slattsy wrote: »
    Racing Post reported it.

Had no chance anyway.... :)

I was looking at him but the price was gone by the time I found him.

Le Richbourg on the go since last summer is off putting

BumperD wrote: »
    I was looking at him but the price was gone by the time I found him.

Le Richbourg on the go since last summer is off putting

honestly think if the ground is good/good to soft, day 1, best ground of the week, second race, Le Rich is a sure thing Bumper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Jaysus you're getting very worked up there, are you ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Lol I can also feel the the anger with that post!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭OsmosisJ

Lol I can also feel the the anger with that post!!

don't see any anger in the post just common sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Willie Mullins must be doing a Cheltenham stable run through today, just getting news in bits and pieces from different sources.
    Anyone know if any of the usual Racing media sites are streaming it? Can find anything online.

I want to know what he is aiming Footpad at
    altho, not sure if I will believe a word he says anyways!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Followed the Migs twitter link on the other thread and found this:
    https://twitter.com/fillyonform

• Advertisement

Earendil wrote: »
    Followed the Migs twitter link on the other thread and found this:
    https://twitter.com/fillyonform

Yorkhill not going atall?

Laurina wins by 6L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Who was the last horse to fail to win the Gold Cup second time out on the back of a right handed hurdle run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Laurina wins by 6L

looked decent enough, thank god, so she wont go for mares, hopefully.

Champion Hurdle looks the race of the festival at the moment.

(that said she will need to actually be Aniie Power to have any chance of beating Apples Jade)

Thought she looked very good also
    Ruby had a look before the last, said "off you go" and she sailed away on the bridle
    Easy as she liked

WPM stable tour suggested Beni is in fine fettle so will go Mares, so that should be that then

I see some people saying she wasnt jumping slick enough to worry BD............Have those people not watched ANY of BDs races this year???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Ah jaysus lads, apples jade is no where near as good as Annie power was, don’t believe what you’ve seen, she hasn’t improved, the rest have regressed in Ireland.
    Look back at last couple of seasons and you can see how beatable apples jade is.
    Laurina and Buveur will both finish of front of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Who was the last horse to fail to win the Gold Cup second time out on the back of a right handed hurdle run?

Very few horses show up with one previous run that season in the past 11 years (10) but of those....

Two winners with one run (both LH chase) in the last decade. Native River (2018) and Bobs Worth (2013). Bobs Worth had only one run in the Hennessy (won) since winning the previous years RSA so that's a strong parallel for Presenting Percy.

Last horse that lost after one RH run (chase) was Denman (2009) also lost in 2011 after one run (LH).

No horse in the last 11 years has lost after one RH hurdle run. Azulejo (2008 @200/1, PU) had two runs over hurdles (RH).

Contraband (2008 also 200/1, PU) had one run over hurdles in that season (LH)

Presenting Percy is in rare company unless he rocks up in Fairyhouse on Saturday.

Ruby on timeform just said She will go Champion Hurdle, she has "earned a crack at it"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Admittedly I might have sounded harsh. However I don't think anything I said is bonkers either. My main point is, that I do not think one run over hurdles is near the preparation required to be winning a Gold Cup. The fact that on the back of this the bookies have made the horse favourite just makes me laugh.

If someone from the yard piped up and said it was part of a 2 race plan to include the Irish Grand National, I might say, " ohhhh". But I don't think that is happening.

Finally for Presenting Percy to win the gold cup he only has to beat,

3 x King George Winners
    1 X Gold Cup Winner, Welsh National and Hennessy Winner
    1 X Welsh National Winner
    1 X RSA winners
    2 X Lexus winners

This list is not exhaustive etc etc.

On the back of this the bookies make him favourite?

I don't mind being wrong about this. But believe me there will be better 3/1 shots to have your bet on over the next few weeks. It is a crazy price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Admittedly I might have sounded harsh. However I don't think anything I said is bonkers either. My main point is, that I do not think one run over hurdles is near the preparation required to be winning a Gold Cup. The fact that on the back of this the bookies have made the horse favourite just makes me laugh.

If someone from the yard piped up and said it was part of a 2 race plan to include the Irish Grand National, I might say, " ohhhh". But I don't think that is happening.

Finally for Presenting Percy to win the gold cup he only has to beat,

3 x King George Winners
    1 X Gold Cup Winner, Welsh National and Hennessy Winner
    1 X Welsh National Winner
    1 X RSA winners
    2 X Lexus winners

This list is not exhaustive etc etc.

On the back of this the bookies make him favourite?

I don't mind being wrong about this. But believe me there will be better 3/1 shots to have your bet on over the next few weeks. It is a crazy price.

Everything about presenting Percy’s preparation down the years have been unorthodox but he’s trained by a relatively unknown trainer who hasn’t got it wrong yet,the horse isn’t injured and hasn’t been they are just minding him.
    He should be a bit bigger price but his form promises so much more to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Its All Guesswork looked to be the one to take out of that Pertemps qualifier today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement