Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham Antepost

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Mall Dini in the Ultima

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭famagusta

From Twitter:

Some interesting scratches in the Festival novice hurdles:
    Blackbow, Emitom & Tornado Flyer out of all
    Supreme - Getaway Trump
    Ballymore - Fakir D'Oudaries, Al Dancer, Grand Sancy
    Bartlett - Valtor
    Triumph - Carlo Biraghi & Jon Snow

Al Dancer must have a good chance in supreme. Angels breath is in same ownership, both for supreme?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

Why wasn’t it her true running last spring, because she didn’t win?
    People fail to recognize that she is beating the same horses.
    Last 5 grade 1s that she’s won the same names pop up in behind.
    Supasundae, bapaume, jezki, Augusta kate, limini.
    All good horses but not top notchers like she will be up against in champion hurdle.

There are 2 reasons. 1 is Midnight Tour the other is Augusta Kate. Take BDD out of it if you feel she is a better horse(I dont). There was a fairly average horse in Midnight Tour between them and not that far away from winning.
    Augusta Kate is not on her level in the slightest either and she was beat by her in Punchestown. Race results are a good guide of form but they are not strictly black and white.
    Im not really going to argue about it now we will all find out soon enough how good/bad AJ is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Slattsy wrote: »
    I've just backed Real Steel for the JLT. 20s with Boyles.

I think he'll win well today at Thurles and shorten massively for Cheltenham. JLT definitely his target. In a race that looks like it'll cut up big time, I think he goes off 5/1 at Cheltenham! (once he wins by half the track today)

Backed to win! But I'm greedy. I'd recommend each way lol

Just needs to win at Cheltenham now :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Slattsy wrote: »
    Just needs to win at Cheltenham now :cool:

Lovely

I’d be surprised if Real Steel jumped around Cheltenham safely. Looks to have a decent engine but jumping is a bit sketchy at times. A bit of value at least though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Where is glen forsa likely to go, I’m thinking JLT is much more winnable than the arkle and hope he gos there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Where is glen forsa likely to go, I’m thinking JLT is much more winnable than the arkle and hope he gos there.

Connections said Arkle being preferred the orher day.

• Advertisement

If I owned him I'd be going the JLT, he jumps and stays. I know he's not a slow horse but I wouldn't be getting carried away with the Sandown win in terms of him being a 2 mile horse. He did it nicely that day but the Arkle would be a much different test.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

When are the British marks announced for Irish horses?

Very little love for Defil de Seuil in the JLT on here

Having watched all his races this year, I think he will win that race handy
    Very confident. BG figured him out the last day and ran him to perfection. A far classier sort than Lostinstranslation
    JP and PH think so too to say he is going the longer distance over the arkle which JP has the fav in also

Watch this space lads, Defil "WILL" win the JLT

Rodge's Nap!
    Defil for the JLT

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

PP gone 5/1 Klassical Dream for the Ballymore.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Very little love for Defil de Seuil in the JLT on here

Having watched all his races this year, I think he will win that race handy
    Very confident. BG figured him out the last day and ran him to perfection. A far classier sort than Lostinstranslation
    JP and PH think so too to say he is going the longer distance over the arkle which JP has the fav in also

Watch this space lads, Defil "WILL" win the arkle

Rodge's Nap!
    Defil for the JLT

I can definetly see it and it would be no surprise if he won it handy but can’t help but feel he’s a horse who promises so much but rarely delivers.
    I think glen forsa would beat him myself but doesn’t look to be going here.

Find it hard to get away from le richbourg
    In arkle but again glen forsa is tempting and lalors win over c and d shouldn’t be forgotten.
    I can forgive him sandown on bad ground and he looked a machine on his previous start when winning in a good time with dynamite dollars in behind.

Lovely hurling. Aramon wins the Supreme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Watch this space lads, Defil "WILL" win the arkle

Rodge's Nap!
    Defil for the JLT

What price the double?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I have backed Discorama for the National Hunt chase. Coming in at 16/1 I really like his price. Has proven he can run well here based on last year's form but whats drawing me to him is his need for longer distance and they're only just starting to realise it, it seems. I had him backed lto when he was pressing Ballyward at the last before falling. He went 50/1 a couple of fences out in play but stayed on like a train in that race.

Ok Corral is obviously the pick of them but 10/3 is too skinny and I reckon discorama has the beating of Ballyward over 4 miles but look at the difference in price! Really think he'll stay this distance nicely if he stays up and it'll play right into his strengths. There are a few options for him though all the same.

I think it'd be a mistake to run him in anything other than the 4 miler though, based on recent runs

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

JLT is gonna really cut up. Defi, Lostintranslation, Mengli Khan and whatever WPM runs - Real Steel, Pravalaguna, Camelia De Cotte? that Castafiore mare that won at Haydock. I’d have it as a match between DDS and LIT atm. Can’t see beyond them two. Which one wins, I can’t decide.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/ballymore-novice-hurdle/winner

And so it begins.... The waffle season is upon us in earnest. Lookout for contradictory tweets and the shaving of prices for the next three weeks. It is painful.

" I know this guy who works in Closutton, he said for a fact that such and such told such and such that such and such is riding such and such."

• Advertisement

Rodge's Nap! Defil for the JLT

Roger Napping a horse not trained by Mullins, I can't believe it. What is this world coming to?!

yaboya1 wrote: »
    What price the double?

Goddamnit 😅😅

famagusta wrote: »
    Roger Napping a horse not trained by Mullins, I can't believe it. What is this world coming to?!

It's gets better. ....Le Rich is my NB !

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gillamandango

I am warming to her after watching a few replays there, and wasn't there reports that Laurina was a machine and apparently backed at all prices from those in the know at Clonsutton who cant see her beat. I cant find the posts, might even not be on this forum but confidence very high in her. To be fair and I haven't backed her but I expect the faster she/they go in the CH then the better she gets and will improve a bundle for it. Problem with beating trees is you don't have to run that fast, even in the mares last year she wasn't in top gear, not even close. On the clock her times are better than average and that's not in top gear. IF she wins the CH, it could be by 10 lengths. The problem is paying to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Staggering bull**** by very serious bull****ers on this
    site.These Idiots believe they know about racing they know **** all about racing and fact says that.These Idiots will lose money at Cheltenham but know everything about winning.Please watch their results,please,please watch their results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

antietam wrote: »
    site.These Idiots believe they know about racing they know **** all about racing and fact says that.These Idiots will lose money at Cheltenham but know everything about winning.Please watch their results,please,please watch their results.

The same fella that posts winners 8 hours after the race has been ran :pac:

This is like diarrhoea giving out about the smell of a fart !

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

What’s the NAP sting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

More Waffle … enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Le Richebourg is a tank. Can’t see him beat in the Arkle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

As Aidan has said the formline line for hardline gives him every chance at a better price

They run lalor 3 weeks after cheltenham and now he'll be 3 months waiting for arkle they surely could have found a race for him

Think le rich wins but hardline has value, was seriously taken with lalor heart wants to back him but surely needed another run

What’s the NAP sting?

He will tell u Saturday 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

Labaik won enough in supreme 2 years ago, wouldn’t have backed it only for a chap on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

What’s the NAP sting?

You will find out after with a rant sprinkled with a mix of the following take your pick

-WOW
    -OMG
    -Idiots
    -I’m watching your posts
    -Malone road best horse since Montablano who I owned
    -I just cleaned up biggest lay ever
    - various random words in (brackets) only yoda reading backwards would try to rationalise

BumperD wrote:
    -WOW -OMG -Idiots -I’m watching your posts -Malone road best horse since Montablano who I owned -I just cleaned up biggest lay ever - various random words in (brackets) only yoda reading backwards would try to rationalise

BumperD wrote:
    You will find out after with a rant sprinkled with a mix of the following take your pick

Best post on here in a long while 😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Walter Mitty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Skybet doing a very nice boost for cheltenham

Max 20 euro bet. If you dont win or your horse doesnt run you get the 20 back as cash.

Cant lose

Offer available until 12 march on the supreve nmovices hurdle.

Ballymore novice hurlde

JLT novice chase

Triumph hurdle

From what ive read (open to correcrion) thats 80euro risk free bets

Percy NR at weekend

PK better know what he is doing!

Well he even run at Cheltenham if the ground is good??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Percy NR at weekend

PK better know what he is doing!

The horse was never going to run this weekend and anyone who thinks it was hasnt a rashers.

I think he has shown over the last few years that he does know what he is doing. Thought the horse had a fantastic prep race myself in Gowran.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭thelostboys23

Skybet doing a very nice boost for cheltenham

Max 20 euro bet. If you dont win or your horse doesnt run you get the 20 back as cash.

Cant lose

Offer available until 12 march on the supreve nmovices hurdle.

Ballymore novice hurlde

JLT novice chase

Triumph hurdle

From what ive read (open to correcrion) thats 80euro risk free bets

€20 in each race or €20 in one of the races you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

My views on the Champion hurdle, Apples Jade is the one. She has the best form of the 3 potential winners, can’t see any of the rest troubling them. You don’t win Grade 1s with ease at 2, 2.5 & 3 miles just because you’re beating donkeys that are ‘past it’, she’s clearly a very very good horse. Laurina may well be a better horse than AJ in the future & even next month but I’d like to see how she’d respond when she has a fight on her hands first, the opposition she’s beat AJ & BVD would beat those just as easily. I’ll admit I was never a BVD fan, not taking anything from him, you’ve obviously got to be better than just a good horse to win two champion hurdles in a row, he just doesn’t beat much from one festival to another for me to give him credit & only scraping out a win last year & against very hyped horse in Melon. Everything he’s beat this year (except for the Stayers winner) is a handicapper (Vision des Flos has a few handicap entries) & the mare that beat him nobody really gives a chance to next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

€20 in each race or €20 in one of the races you think?

In each race

4x20 euro bets

Percy not getting a chase has to be a worry even for his most ardent backers

Gonna get stuck into Bellshill heavy
    Have percy in the acca's but with Bellshill still floating around double figures, I need more than Percy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Far from ideal prep but the ground has been utterly bizarre all winter, good , good to firm. I’d say he goes off 11/2 on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Percy not getting a chase has to be a worry even for his most ardent backers

It's going to be a big obstacle.

Panrich wrote:
    It's going to be a big obstacle.

Pun intended?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

He’s going to be running on harder ground on the Friday at cheltenham than today that’s for certain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

This is not much more than a feeling in my water but David Pipe has a horse Poker Play running in Exeter today,2.05, @ 18/1. The horse is also in the Pertemps @ 33/1 and I feel if he runs well today(May not win but run well) then his odds for chel will tumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

famagusta wrote: »
    Pun intended?!

Sorry it was a poor effort but history is against him on this type of prep. Bob's Worth in 2013 won on his second run of the season but he had won a Hennessy. Likewise Native River last year won on his second run but he also won the Denman and was far more experienced than PP.

It's certainly not a positive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement