Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham Antepost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

Wouldn’t put me off Percy personally. If he’s beat it’s cos he’s not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

BumperD wrote: »
    Far from ideal prep but the ground has been utterly bizarre all winter, good , good to firm. I’d say he goes off 11/2 on the day

Agree with this, he could easily got off double his current odds.

I can see Bellshill being backed off the boards. He's 10's now, he could go off 5/6's.
    Any potential backers would want to get on soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

akelly02 wrote: »
    He’s going to be running on harder ground on the Friday at cheltenham than today that’s for certain

Exactly so why would you potentially throw away the Gold Cup by running him on fast ground 3 weeks out from it?

It is also far from certain the ground on the Friday of Cheltenham will be faster than it will be tomorrow

I was looking thru the Ryanair there.

Footpad, Min and UDS should all be running in the QM. No chance.

Couldn’t be fancying anything just lapped by Cyrname - Waiting P, Fox N, Politologue, Charbel, Aso.

Monalee is too short, Top Notch is not a top notcher; Balko des Flos been awful this year.

Coney Island might be the bet.

If Al Boum Photo runs here which i think is a strong possibility he hacks up.

Couldn’t be fancying anything just lapped by Cyrname - Waiting P, Fox N, Politologue, Charbel, Aso.

Monalee is too short, Top Notch is not a top notcher; Balko des Flos been awful this year.

What about those of us that are on Monalee at double digits :confused::D

Not ashamed to admit I got on the Coney Island bandwagon at 40s.

ABP def going Gold Cup, if Mullins' stable tour are anything to go by.

Slattsy wrote: »
    What about those of us that are on Monalee at double digits :confused::D

Not ashamed to admit I got on the Coney island bandwagon at 40s.

ABP def going Gold Cup, if Mullins' stable tour are anything to go by.

Monalee at double figs you are laughing then boss. Coney Island at 40s is a serious bet.

I think ABP will run in the Ryanair because Ruby will ride Bellshill in the Gold Cup and he’ll want least amount of opposition. He’ll be in Willie’s ear ‘he’s only 7, only one run this season, next year’s horse yada yada’.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Footpad will go in Ryanair I would think, UDS too probably
    Min surely will got the 2m
    Footpad has a huge chance in Ryanair, no chance in CC

I have monalee backed at 10/1 earlier in the season
    ABP going GC according to wpm (i know i know)

UDS will need the rain

Footpad V Monalee for me

Slattsy wrote: »
    Agree with this, he could easily got off double his current odds.

I can see Bellshill being backed off the boards. He's 10's now, he could go off 5/6's.
    Any potential backers would want to get on soon

Not sure if serious.........................:cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Kauto wrote: »
    Exactly so why would you potentially throw away the Gold Cup by running him on fast ground 3 weeks out from it?

It is also far from certain the ground on the Friday of Cheltenham will be faster than it will be tomorrow

you agreed and disagreed with me there in the same post

well done

• Advertisement

also its not fast ground tomorrow

Footpad will go in Ryanair I would think, UDS too probably
    Min surely will got the 2m
    Footpad has a huge chance in Ryanair, no chance in CC

I have monalee backed at 10/1 earlier in the season
    ABP going GC according to wpm (i know i know)

UDS will need the rain

Footpad V Monalee for me

Footpad in the Ryanair would be absolutely criminal. Won an Arkle by the straight. Deserves a shot at Altior and the Champion Chase. Min should be in the QM but he’s been put in his place by Altior so it’s more understandable even though he couldn’t beat Politologue over the trip so he has no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

This is not much more than a feeling in my water but David Pipe has a horse Poker Play running in Exeter today,2.05, @ 18/1. The horse is also in the Pertemps @ 33/1 and I feel if he runs well today(May not win but run well) then his odds for chel will tumble.

2nd and returned 7/1, still 33/1 pertemps

Footpad in the Ryanair would be absolutely criminal. Won an Arkle by the straight. Deserves a shot at Altior and the Champion Chase. Min should be in the QM but he’s been put in his place by Altior so it’s more understandable even though he couldn’t beat Politologue over the trip so he has no chance.

The closest any horse has come to Altior is UDS
    If the rain comes, you might see him take his chance

I would be very confident Footpad will go in (and win) the Ryanair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

2nd and returned 7/1, still 33/1 pertemps

He has absolutely zero chance of getting in off his current mark. He would need to win a race between now and then to get raised enough to get in. Current mark is 125. He would want to be 135 at minimum to get in and probably a bit higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Had a little EW play on Easy Game for the Ballymore after Willie suggested it would be the obvious race yesterday. NRNB 20/1

• Advertisement

DuffleBag wrote: »
      Had a little EW play on Easy Game for the Ballymore after Willie suggested it would be the obvious race yesterday. NRNB 20/1

It will be if he wins!!

Get it? No?

ffs

also its not fast ground tomorrow

The ground is 'fast' tomorrow by NH standards and you wouldnt be risking a Gold Cup horse on it in a mickey mouse race. Would have more of a workout on the gallops!

Good lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭tucker1971

Any thoughts on missy tata for the mares hurdle? Currently at 14/1 and with the top 2 in the market due to run in champion hurdle, it looks a good shout?
      Very similar prep to last years winner and Elliot hasnt been saying much about her in any of the stable tours.

The ground is 'fast' tomorrow by NH standards and you wouldnt be risking a Gold Cup horse on it in a mickey mouse race. Would have more of a workout on the gallops!

Good lad!

I actually hope hes lapped after all the bull**** surrounding him this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 RockyMills

For what it’s worth, people complaining about Apples Jade winning Grade 1s beating the same horses over and over again were probably the same people fawning over Hurricane Fly calling him the best ever. Hurricane Fly mopped up Grade 1s for years beating the same horses. The only decent horses he beat in Ireland were Jezki and Our Conor.

• Advertisement

RockyMills wrote: »
      For what it’s worth, people complaining about Apples Jade winning Grade 1s beating the same horses over and over again were probably the same people fawning over Hurricane Fly calling him the best ever. Hurricane Fly mopped up Grade 1s for years beating the same horses. The only decent horses he beat in Ireland were Jezki and Our Conor.

You ever hear of Solwhit ffs? What a horse.

(I do kind of agree with u though)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Steady on - what about his Champion Hurdle wins?? AJ couldn't even win the mares hurdle last year so not in the same league for me.

I actually hope hes lapped after all the bull**** surrounding him this year

I couldn't care less where he finishes. I won't be backing or laying him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Add in Solwhit,Binocular, Rock on Ruby, Arctic fire.....need I go on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Dont forget Thousand Stars :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

He basically murdered poor Peddler's Cross too :pac:

He also put Go Native to the sword twice, a horse who if things went right for, would undoubtedly have had at least doubled the 3 grade 1's on his record.
      Those two would have some epic ding dongs in open company- Meade really had a very unlucky few years with some fine animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Gringo180 wrote: »
      Dont forget Thousand Stars :pac:
      Thousand stars the cash machine!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

tucker1971 wrote: »
      Any thoughts on missy tata for the mares hurdle? Currently at 14/1 and with the top 2 in the market due to run in champion hurdle, it looks a good shout?
      Very similar prep to last years winner and Elliot hasnt been saying much about her in any of the stable tours.

Highly unlikely she’ll go back to hurdles after winning a chase 10 days ago on her belated comeback from a long lay off

Tout Est Permis going in under the radar here, fine by me! Meade wants to run him in the Gold Cup if he had his way but he’s still only 6/7 so plenty of time for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

EICVD wrote: »
      Tout Est Permis going in under the radar here, fine by me! Meade wants to run him in the Gold Cup if he had his way but he’s still only 6/7 so plenty of time for that.

Meade has said Ryanair his preference on numerous occasions, no?

A really likeable horse and serious value imo.

• Advertisement

Meade has said Ryanair his preference on numerous occasions, no?

A really likeable horse and serious value imo.

Almost certain I read somewhere he personally prefers the Gold Cup & he wants further & the ground softer. Way he won in Thurles you’d know he wants trip

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

[PHP][/PHP]
      What’s the NAP sting?

One of the best posters ever.I have not agreed with you on many posts but you are very forthright and positive which is imo brilliant.I seriously need Malone Road but the BHA testing of AOB/Willie is worrying for 10 or more winners at Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Ballymoy for the coral Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Ruby mentioned Faugheen being good value in the Stayers on tonight’s Late Late Show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

finbarrk wrote: »
      Ruby mentioned Faugheen being good value in the Stayers on tonight’s Late Late Show.
      Beat Penhill well @ punchrstown to be fair, and he’s a shorter price with PP than with most of the others so may not be spoof

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mohican22

antietam wrote: »
      One of the best posters ever.I have not agreed with you on many posts but you are very forthright and positive which is imo brilliant.I seriously need Malone Road but the BHA testing of AOB/Willie is worrying for 10 or more winners at Cheltenham.

"the BHA testing of AOB/Willie is worrying for 10 or more winners at Cheltenham" can you elaborate on this please and thank you or have a link to an article related to it?
      Obviously i understand testing goes on regularly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Ruby is the worse tipster ever, don't listen to a word he says!Lay Faugheen!!

Ruby is the worse tipster ever, don't listen to a word he says!Lay Faugheen!!

Do you understand what "lay" means?

I think Faugheen has a big shout personally
      have backed him a few times already and will do again on the day if he gets there
      Poor race, weak field, a fav who could be anything, the machine is a big chance at 7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Penhill must be flying so :)
      Comment from stable few days back that he needs a searching bit of work and now Ruby saying faugheen is good value.

• Advertisement

Current Stayers market has 5 ahead of him, 3 of whom wont run there, one of which is a fav who could be superb but as yet has it all to prove and the other is his stablemate who hasn't run in 12 months. Ok it did Penhill no harm last year, but with all that in mind, 3rd Fav, 7/1, won the irish stayers last year, beating Penhill by acres in the process, and Paisley could be anything....

To say he has no chance is bulls*it

antietam wrote: »
      [PHP][/PHP]

Aw shucks sting, you’re making me blush.

Fear you’ve done your dough on aul Malone Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Think it is extremely likely Samcro runs in the Stayers. By all accounts he's doing well at home and Gordon said he'd run if he was healthy.

Couldn't back Faugheen personally. Think too much was made of that Punchestown run last April and after the bad fall in December I couldn't go near him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Fast Buck runs in the 1st race tomorrow at Naas. His second to Fakir d’Oudairies in Cork early last month (on first run for Willie) looks decent form now after what weve seen Fakir is capable of.

Hes 40-1 with Hills without nrnb or 33-1 and 25-1 with sky or bet365 with nrnb for the Supreme.

If winning tomorrow surely he'll come into half that price and could be a contender

Elixr shortening in the market. 12 into 7s today

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Elixr shortening in the market. 12 into 7s today
      See that, what’s driving that? Would have had a decent punt on him if fakir want possibly going there!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

See that, what’s driving that? Would have had a decent punt on him if fakir want possibly going there![/quote]

Southfield Stone won today, third in the Talworth behind De nutz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Wouldn't be worried about Percy's prep - he has the course form in the muscle memory and will get the job done on the day. Lump on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Wouldn't be worried about Percy's prep - he has the course form in the muscle memory and will get the job done on the day. Lump on!

This is getting silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Seen as Percy will most likely be bigger on the day than is now so not great antepost bet at this time

• Advertisement
    Advertisement