Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham Antepost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

See that, what’s driving that? Would have had a decent punt on him if fakir want possibly going there!

Southfield Stone won today, third in the Talworth behind De nutz[/quote]

The second in the tolworth shaped like the best in the tolworth and got outstayed by de nutz. Imo he was the best horse in the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Interesting horse runs tomorrow. Crucial Role is entered in the Ultima and the RSA. Beat a good field in his beginners including Chef Des Obeaux and Now McGinty and was fancied to win a grade 2 at Haydock in Jan but broke a blood vessel. He jumps well. He's been running over 2 1/2 miles but is a 3 miler. Assuming he's well since then he's potentially over priced for both those races NRNB. I would expect he'll go for the Ultima if he shows up tomorrow

TheTorment wrote: »
    Fast Buck runs in the 1st race tomorrow at Naas. His second to Fakir d’Oudairies in Cork early last month (on first run for Willie) looks decent form now after what weve seen Fakir is capable of.

Hes 40-1 with Hills without nrnb or 33-1 and 25-1 with sky or bet365 with nrnb for the Supreme.

If winning tomorrow surely he'll come into half that price and could be a contender

Well that went well 🙄

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Ever since Ted landed the €20 Lexus gamble on Synchronised, live on telly I might add, I have known that he knows what's going on. Ted just knows, you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Hhhm, this didn't seem the most bullish of comments.

https://twitter.com/RacingTV/status/1099692546777903104

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Le Richebourg out for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

What???????? Awe bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

I really thought he was a good thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Glen forsa wont see another rival

Ah Bollox anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Ruby is the worse tipster ever, don't listen to a word he says!Lay Faugheen!!

Not sure if I agree with that. 3rd/4th best preview night tipper last year with Paul Kealy. 5 winners and 5 places

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Glen forsa wont see another rival

Doubt he will be winning. Would imagine he will be too slow for it. Sandown last time was desperate sticky ground and he was the only one who acted on it. Wouldn't take the run literally at all.

By Mahler whose stock are generally plodders. A big lay if he heads for this.

This is what I said about Penhill before the festival last year:

"Patrick Mullins talking down Penhill at previews.
    As is David Casey. As is Willie. And Ruby now telling punters in his love nest not to back Penhill either.
    So how many lengths does Penhill win by?"

Watch what they Mullins lads are saying ;)

My Paloma Blue bet is looking better all the time though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Slattsy wrote: »
    This is what I said about Penhill before the festival last year:

"Patrick Mullins talking down Penhill at previews.
    As is David Casey. As is Willie. And Ruby now telling punters in his love nest not to back Penhill either.
    So how many lengths does Penhill win by?"

Watch what they Mullins lads are saying ;)

Tony Blooms horse and he is one of, if not the biggest punter in England. Of course they will down play the chances for his sake.

As an aside, Willie is a great man for letting the owner have first go and so it should be.

Kauto wrote: »

Doubt he will be winning. Would imagine he will be too slow for it. Sandown last time was desperate sticky ground and he was the only one who acted on it. Wouldn't take the run literally at all.

By Mahler whose stock are generally plodders. A big lay if he heads for this.

It’s way below normal arkle standards this year and it wasn’t the ground that got the other horses beat at sandown, he is simply a better chaser than kalashnikov,He should run a huge race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

My Paloma Blue bet is looking better all the time though :)

Has he had a run since he was jumping sideways at the fences?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Toe to toe with Real Steel before RS fell at the last. Was a good run.

He's with the best man for the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

If they re route defil to arkle I will cry

I've just backed Real Steel for the JLT. 20s with Boyles.

I think he'll win well today at Thurles and shorten massively for Cheltenham. JLT definitely his target. In a race that looks like it'll cut up big time, I think he goes off 5/1 at Cheltenham! (once he wins by half the track today)

Backed to win! But I'm greedy. I'd recommend each way lol

This lad into 5s in a place. Mostly 6s. 12s with Boyles still the best price.

I'd say he's nailed on to go for the Arkle now. Lets be honest, there's no choice to be made here.

Sorry for your loss :D

Someone should really start creating race threads.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

if they don't, i will cry :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Christmas eve this day 2 weeks time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Someone should really start creating race threads.....

Go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Some good trend info for each race in the Irish field Cheltenham magazine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

pugw wrote: »

If you like the trends this website might be of use to you.......:
    http://www.gaultstats.com/

• Advertisement

maximo31 wrote: »

In think that could be where they pulled them for! I wouldn’t be too into them but for example I read that something 8 out of the last 10 winners *(not exact figures) of the county were aged 5 or 6 ... so I didn’t go as Heaney in jezki as I would have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

maximo31 wrote: »

Last couple of Festivals have been a disaster for trends followers like myself!
    Im just gonna watch replays and make my own mind up instead - the old fashioned way;)

Last couple of Festivals have been a disaster for trends followers like myself!
    Im just gonna watch replays and make my own mind up instead - the old fashioned way;)

Agree fully, last years festival I read too much previews and I struggled to pick a horse from a shortlist , my judgement got clouded, just going on what I’ve seen this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Could be the same but trends also here: https://chelt-mental.co.uk/articles

Don't see how Sir Erec is so short. Looks very beatable to me.

I'd give Tiger Tap Tap a good chance at reversing his 2nd to him at Leopardstown. Don't mind that last run as, as far as I'm concerned, Ruby never tried a yard. Elbow flapping and whip flailing at it's best (same goes for his ride on Bachasson by the way, never put the horse in the race).

Apple Jade is another I couldn't have. Running fast around Leopardstown is one thing, quite another to do it at Cheltenham and I see Buveur D'air powering past her on the hill with maybe only Verdana Blue (if the ground stays this side of g/s) of the others with a shout (ground dependent).

Angel's Breath looks nailed on to get placed in the Supreme to me too. Another that wasn't asked to dig too deep lto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Sir Eric could be as good as he looked the last day but I’ll probably side with Gardens of Babylon at the prices to improve past him . 2nds in this race have a good record in the triumph. Also felt he wasn’t ridden too forward in the DRF so liked the way he shaped

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

Can't agree with you on Angels Breath. He should be put in the Ballymore, looks to need the longer trip. I was listening to one of the lads in the RP podcast and agreed with him completely when he said if AB had a bit of class he would've found a way to win lto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

Can't agree with you on Angels Breath. He should be put in the Ballymore, looks to need the longer trip. I was listening to one of the lads in the RP podcast and agreed with him completely when he said if AB had a bit of class he would've found a way to win lto

Can you explain what you mean by bit of class?

He won a Grade 2 on his first start under rules and was second in another Grade 2 on his second start where he gave the winner 5lbs and they broke the track record for the grade.
    You dont do that without being some bit talented.

I didn't say he would win. I'm saying he's nailed on to be placed (in whichever of the two he goes in).

He wasn't fully wound up for that race anyway, and jumped the last all wrong losing his momentum for a stride or two, but it's how he is held up and that lovely turn of foot he has, in truly run races, that makes him a place certainty for me.

One horse I will be backing to win for sure will be Henderson's Epatante in the Mare's Novice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

The best novice hurdler Henderson has will be JPs “second string” in the supreme.

• Advertisement

lemush wrote: »
    The best novice hurdler Henderson has will be JPs “second string” in the supreme.

Apparently Geraghty really rates him, but cant have it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Whos that

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

PhuckHugh2 wrote: »
    Can you explain what you mean by bit of class?

He won a Grade 2 on his first start under rules and was second in another Grade 2 on his second start where he gave the winner 5lbs and they broke the track record for the grade.
    You dont do that without being some bit talented.

I'd question the form of that Grade 2 he won, not much behind him. Southfield Stone blundered the last badly, idled in front and quickened up again when Angels Breath came up beside him. Personally don't think 2m is his trip. Think he would be a serious contender in the Ballymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

I'd question the form of that Grade 2 he won, not much behind him. Southfield Stone blundered the last badly, idled in front and quickened up again when Angels Breath came up beside him. Personally don't think 2m is his trip. Think he would be a serious contender in the Ballymore

I mean that point is fair enough. But would he not need some "bit of class" to win a Ballymore also? I just find that point you made about him not having class a bit strange. He is clearly a pretty talented horse.

akelly02 wrote: »

Whos that

Champagne platinum??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Champagne platinum??

Yes, in my opinion. Just hope he doesn't go Ballymore but he probably will if recent comments are to be believed.

Had him backed at Cheltenham, he ran green enough but got the job done! Would be with a pint at 20s . . . The supreme is awful competitive though, fakir, elixir !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Lads/Coral have went NRNB all races.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Earendil wrote: »
    Lads/Coral have went NRNB all races.

Not till midnight tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Not till midnight tonight

No, from midnight on the 26th.

Advertisement